What? She couldn't have hit someone elses car???

ladybell

Just need to vent. Yesterday I had the day off. Thought I would pamper myself to a trip to the nail salon. Parked my Edge in a space in front of the salon where I could see it through the glass walls. (Spaces are perpendicular to the building. Not slanted or anything weird.) When my nail tech jumped back and screamed, I of course turned around to see what was goign on behind us. A lady driving a Toyota Camry had puilled in tot he parking space next to my car. But when she went to hit her brake to stop, she hit the accelerator instead and almost crashed into the salon. She managed to not hit the brick pillar in front of that space by hitting my car Edge instead! Not mad just a tad sick about it. It's thankfully not too bad and can be fixed but I have only had it for two months and otherwise it was in perfect condition besides a few swirl marks!

That's how I felt when I got hit before Christmas. Lady simply was not paying attention, a total flake. One glance over her shoulder before changing lanes is all it would have taken. She didn't see me, made a lane change in morning rushhour traffic without looking. Then while we are waiting for the cops she tells me how glad she was that she was driving her old crummy 1999 Altima. It had about 27 different colors of paint down each side of the car, so I think she is a professional side-swiper. I had such a hard time with everything to get it fixed. She also tried to hide it from her husband so the insurance could not get a statement from her for weeks. I hope it goes easier for you.

Just need to vent. Yesterday I had the day off. Thought I would pamper myself to a trip to the nail salon. Parked my Edge in a space in front of the salon where I could see it through the glass walls. (Spaces are perpendicular to the building. Not slanted or anything weird.) When my nail tech jumped back and screamed, I of course turned around to see what was goign on behind us. A lady driving a Toyota Camry had puilled in tot he parking space next to my car. But when she went to hit her brake to stop, she hit the accelerator instead and almost crashed into the salon. She managed to not hit the brick pillar in front of that space by hitting my car Edge instead! Not mad just a tad sick about it. It's thankfully not too bad and can be fixed but I have only had it for two months and otherwise it was in perfect condition besides a few swirl marks!

That sucks!

But at least she didn't go through the window and hurt anybody.

I am also glad I saw her. She was pretty shaken up since she truly almost drove right through the salon. Since the damage isn't too bad (scratched paint along the bend of the front bumper and a bowed fender panel, minor scratch to the headlight and a small scratch to the lower bumper) I am hoping they can form the fender back without having to replace it and repaint and refinish that side into my driver door. 2010 model in the Texas heat could show differences in fade in no time. I was just impressed with my composure considering my added post of what things people to to irritate you on the other thread. LOL I have done very well so far. Think I need a new salon. People in that area have crashed into the donut shop and the blockbuster within the last 6 months. Yikes. Going to try a shop across town maybe??? LOL

Bummer. There's no way not to feel bad. At least no one was injured. We picked up an 11 Explorer for my wife this spring. She had it all of 4 days before some teenage girl on a cell phone driving a 27 color Nissan altima changes lanes without looking (sound familiar anyone?) and bumps her front bumper and tire. The damage was minimal, but the pain of having her brand new vehicle damaged was huge. We got it fixed and you can't tell it was ever there, hope you wind up the same way.

Sorry to hear about the accident, but thank god no one was hurt. If your dealership has their own body shop, I would suggest taking it there. Last summer, some ding-bat lady cut across 2 lanes of traffic to get into a shopping mall (must have been a great sale), and my wife hit her. Our MKS sustained almost 8K in damages, but our dealerships body shop did a excellent job with the repairs and paint match. So, if your dealer has their own shop, I would suggest going there, unless you already have a favorite place. Remember, if any parts have to be replaced, make sure it's using genuine Ford parts.

Best of luck.

Joe

Edited by JOEHIO

Bummer. There's no way not to feel bad. At least no one was injured. We picked up an 11 Explorer for my wife this spring. She had it all of 4 days before some teenage girl on a cell phone driving a 27 color Nissan altima changes lanes without looking (sound familiar anyone?)

Yes! That must have been a special add on package for that car. :hysterical:

I am also glad I saw her. She was pretty shaken up since she truly almost drove right through the salon. Since the damage isn't too bad (scratched paint along the bend of the front bumper and a bowed fender panel, minor scratch to the headlight and a small scratch to the lower bumper) I am hoping they can form the fender back without having to replace it and repaint and refinish that side into my driver door. 2010 model in the Texas heat could show differences in fade in no time. I was just impressed with my composure considering my added post of what things people to to irritate you on the other thread. LOL I have done very well so far. Think I need a new salon. People in that area have crashed into the donut shop and the blockbuster within the last 6 months. Yikes. Going to try a shop across town maybe??? LOL

If done right I don't think you need to worry about paint fade. I live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Our 2004 van was side swiped January 26, 2004, the first month that we owned it. The paint on that side is fine. The other side was sideswiped a couple of years after that and it also looks show room new. Have the work done where they give a guarantee for as long as you own the car. It may cost more but it is worth it.

Red seems to attract bad drivers.

Edited by 11Edge

Well the update is, the other lady's insurance is taking care of the repair and rental while the my ride is being repaired. So that is good. Right now we are hoping the can simply repair and refinish the affected area without painting and such but, once I take it in and they get busy, I guess we'll see how that works out. They have mailed out my check and now I am getting ready to schedule the work. Keeping my fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Well the update is, the other lady's insurance is taking care of the repair and rental while the my ride is being repaired. So that is good. Right now we are hoping the can simply repair and refinish the affected area without painting and such but, once I take it in and they get busy, I guess we'll see how that works out. They have mailed out my check and now I am getting ready to schedule the work. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Good luck!!

post-17436-0-78648100-1317755512_thumb.jpgpost-17436-0-81280600-1317755538_thumb.jpgpost-17436-0-39588500-1317755571_thumb.jpg

The damage is truly not that bad inspite of what could have happened. A pinch in the fender well causing it to slightly bow and show some gapping where it meets the hood and a nice long scratch alond the bend of hte front bumper.

Nevertheless, it's damage but hope to be repaired and completed by the end of the week!!!

Got my ride back today!!! Looks great. A little body work to get it back in shape, little refinishing and some clear coat and my wonderful ride looks great! They handled my rental car, repair and all is well. I feel better and do appreciate the input from you guys! After my rental ..... I am certain the Edge has spoiled me rotten!!!!