MFT Update-Version Code-Have You Been Asked to Pay for this?

I have just been told by my dealer that I'd have to "pay" a fee to be given the version code of the current MFT on my Edge. They failed to tell me the version number the last time it was serviced also. I then asked if it was not in their computer system under my car's file and the service person said said no, they'd have to run a check on it with a special program. I don't believe this and wonder if there's any way to tell on my own what version update I have. Any ideas?

I have just been told by my dealer that I'd have to "pay" a fee to be given the version code of the current MFT on my Edge. They failed to tell me the version number the last time it was serviced also. I then asked if it was not in their computer system under my car's file and the service person said said no, they'd have to run a check on it with a special program. I don't believe this and wonder if there's any way to tell on my own what version update I have. Any ideas?

Go to SyncMyRide.com with your VIN and sign up. It will show you the version that is installed.

post-9129-0-25000000-1317242645_thumb.jpg

I had a dealer that fought me on doing the base software update but then they did. Next time they fought me again, I showed letter, & they tried to say it was prior version already done so they would not do again for a new version & put a $110 charge & callled it the 911 Vehicle heath report update. Hello- that was for 1st gen sync 2008 models not 2011 or 2012 that already have it. STUPID. Oh they paid for that. Those greedy jerks that wanted to get one over on their new customre that just bought the Lux Linc veh. Bad business move. I even had a dealer in next town over contact me since they review the sync forum & saw my distress posts & offered better service & discounts- not only on my car but my wifes car. They wanted to Earn my business. I got the 800 cust support on the inciddent & opened a case. Long story short- dealer got put in its place, refunded the charge, & they paid me a "customer courtesy" check for my troubles. Patient, Polite, Persistence wins the war.

• Like 1

I had a dealer that fought me on doing the base software update but then they did. Next time they fought me again, I showed letter, & they tried to say it was prior version already done so they would not do again for a new version & put a $110 charge & callled it the 911 Vehicle heath report update. Hello- that was for 1st gen sync 2008 models not 2011 or 2012 that already have it. STUPID. Oh they paid for that. Those greedy jerks that wanted to get one over on their new customre that just bought the Lux Linc veh. Bad business move. I even had a dealer in next town over contact me since they review the sync forum & saw my distress posts & offered better service & discounts- not only on my car but my wifes car. They wanted to Earn my business. I got the 800 cust support on the inciddent & opened a case. Long story short- dealer got put in its place, refunded the charge, & they paid me a "customer courtesy" check for my troubles. Patient, Polite, Persistence wins the war.

That's a good success story. Thanks for the share

That s cool Dr! It's amazing how these dealerships stay in business.

Btw ...welcome to the forum!

I just upgraded from SYNC 2.4 to SYNC 2.11 at Route 23 Auto Mall (where I purchased). It was painless, and I enjoy the upgrade. My suggestion to OP is to find a better service department.

The best upgrade to date is the Self Install.

I took my car in on the day that the Sync guy was in the shop. I never got the upgrade because the stupid service writer said I had the latest version 3. WTF!

The best upgrade to date is the Self Install.

I took my car in on the day that the Sync guy was in the shop. I never got the upgrade because the stupid service writer said I had the latest version 3. WTF!

I must have missed something. I read on another topic that the Self-Install was coming. Is it a different version, wilsons66604?

I must have missed something. I read on another topic that the Self-Install was coming. Is it a different version, wilsons66604?

I'm sorry. My post was cryptic.

The best thing that ever came to My Ford Touch is the fact that we can now install upgrades ourselves. If you are on a version under 2.11, you can go to your account page on www.SyncMyRide.com and download version 2.11 onto your USB drive.

• 2 weeks later...

I just upgraded from SYNC 2.4 to SYNC 2.11 at Route 23 Auto Mall (where I purchased). It was painless, and I enjoy the upgrade. My suggestion to OP is to find a better service department.

I have never had to pay for an update yet, but weve complained about all our problems all along, so theyve really been fixes in my opinion. Glad youre having good luck with that dealer, i tried speaking to them once a few years ago and thought they were terrible. I then bought a car from Verner Cadby, never again, my next was from Mahwah Ford, They sucked too. Now after we purchased a 2011 Edge Sport and Explorer from All American in Paramus, theyre starting to drop the customer service ball as well....

I have never had to pay for an update yet, but weve complained about all our problems all along, so theyve really been fixes in my opinion. Glad youre having good luck with that dealer, i tried speaking to them once a few years ago and thought they were terrible. I then bought a car from Verner Cadby, never again, my next was from Mahwah Ford, They sucked too. Now after we purchased a 2011 Edge Sport and Explorer from All American in Paramus, theyre starting to drop the customer service ball as well....

If you want to have some fun, spend 5 minutes at Quality Automall in Bergen County. I can throw a rock out my window and hit the building: I would have been willing to go there for service for the practical aspect. From the sales floor experience, which was borderline criminal, I won't be going there until the next ownership takes effect. lol

I think with Route 23, it all depends on who you talk to. I should note that I made the appointment via E-mail and dealt with only one guy in the actual garage.