LED's in side mirror puddle lamps

I am planning to put LED's in the side mirror puddle lamps but not sure what LED to go with. For those of you that have put LED's in the puddle lamps what LED's did you go with? I am looking for something very bright and white. I found some 35MM Festoon ones here: http://www.tmart.com/35mm-3021-DE3175-4-LED-Festoon-Dome-Car-Bulbs-12V-White_p92344.html but not sure if these will fit or not.

• Like 1

Buddy of mine was cool enough to grab me a set of puddle lamps from his work and even took the time to separate the lenses. Now I don't have to worry about screwing my originals up! After reading all the threads on this subject, I ordered a few off ebay that are 31mm. I'm sure it's gonna be a while before I get them but I'll be sure to post the results.

Buddy of mine was cool enough to grab me a set of puddle lamps from his work and even took the time to separate the lenses. Now I don't have to worry about screwing my originals up! After reading all the threads on this subject, I ordered a few off ebay that are 31mm. I'm sure it's gonna be a while before I get them but I'll be sure to post the results.

Ā 

That guy deserves a beer!

Got the 31mm 6 led festoons today and they fit perfect but not as bright as I wanted. Just ordered some 4 led smd 5050 31mm festoons. Not sure what smd 5050 means but I know the 5050's I put in my map lights are really bright. Let the waiting begin!!!!

Ā 

5050 SMD (surface mount) are great LEDs. I order them in strips from China for cabinet lighting. www.dealextreme.com -free shippng but it takes a month...

• 3 weeks later...

Just got the new 31mm SMD 50/50's today and gave them a quick test in a dark room. I compared them to the stock incan and the 1st festoons I ordered. They are a ton brighter then the 1st ones I ordered and are also much brighter then the stock incans by a good margin. Now I just gotta get the lamps sealed up and throw them in the mirrors.

• 1 month later...

I am a little confused.. With these 50/50 31 mm festoons do you have to cut the lamp and alter anything from stock or do they justfit right into place? Thanks in advance.

~Chase

Ā 

Ā 

The housing is a sealed unit so you need to open it up to get to the bulbs. Not very difficult and there are some posts on here on how to do it.

Got the 31mm 6 led festoons today and they fit perfect but not as bright as I wanted. Just ordered some 4 led smd 5050 31mm festoons. Not sure what smd 5050 means but I know the 5050's I put in my map lights are really bright. Let the waiting begin!!!!

Ā 

5050 is the size of the LED unit.

Ā 

It's metric: 5.0mm x 5.0mm

Ā 

and 3528s are 3.5mm x 2.8mm

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...