Anybody used Scotch guard on their floor mats?

Just bought a new 2011 edge, it has the light stone carpet and floor mats. Would like to know if anyone has used or knows if you can use scotch guard automotive upholstery and carpet protector? Years ago I used it on one of my new car and it worked very well. But times and materials have changed. Just trying to keep the light colored floor mats looking good.

Thanks for any info on this subject.

Just bought a new 2011 edge, it has the light stone carpet and floor mats. Would like to know if anyone has used or knows if you can use scotch guard automotive upholstery and carpet protector? Years ago I used it on one of my new car and it worked very well. But times and materials have changed. Just trying to keep the light colored floor mats looking good.

Thanks for any info on this subject.

I don't see why not.

Not to long ago I did some online research to find out what the best product is to protect seats and carpet. 303 fabric guard seemed to get the best reviews for many reasons. I have not gotten around to spraying my 11 yet but it's on the list. I've been very happy using 303 protectant for over 12 years for interiors and tires so I'm gonna give their Fabric Guard a shot.

• 1 month later...

Just got around to getting this done. Sprayed the seats, carpet and mats with the 303 fabric guard product in my 2011. One bottle got the job done but it took a really long time to dry in my very cold garage. Tested the waterproofing ability by putting a floor mat under the sink and the results are great. Stain and salt fighting ability remains to be seen. I have that really light sand colored carpet so it should be a good test for this product.