turn signal

• 3 months later...

I've replaced, I think, at least 3 brake/turn signal light bulbs in my '07. the plug definitely looks like it has over-heated. I've never had it looked at. Seen others on here post similar issue so figured it must be 'normal'

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I had my wifes 2008 in the shop approx 2 mos ago. i asked them to check the rear bulbs and wiring as i have replaced several bulbs also. was told that there is a revised bulb 3157 with some special prefix behind it but the cost is almost $10.00 a bulb! no thank you i will just keep sylvania's or other name brand in glove box. i dont see any difference in the bulbs when compared to regular bulb. Has re-flash on the transmisson done .

I had my wifes 2008 in the shop approx 2 mos ago. i asked them to check the rear bulbs and wiring as i have replaced several bulbs also. was told that there is a revised bulb 3157 with some special prefix behind it but the cost is almost $10.00 a bulb! no thank you i will just keep sylvania's or other name brand in glove box. i dont see any difference in the bulbs when compared to regular bulb. Has re-flash on the transmisson done .

Ā 

You can get 3157LL . LL stands for Long Life.

I have a 2008 Edge and both rear bulbs burned out within the last few months. When each bulb burned out I could smell something burning in my car and later realized it was the rear light bulb. When opening the back to change the bulb noticed burned housing/part so took it to the dealer. They changed the bulb for me and took the burned bulb out in pieces and had to scrape out burned charcoal residue in the housing. Dealer told me everything is ok and couldn't do anything because I wasn't under warranty and this wouldn't be covered anyway. Wrote to Ford and customer service called me today and said this was my responsibility. I am concerned about a possible fire if this electrical system gets this hot and burns the housing. Has anyone replaced the part/housing and how much does it cost? I was hoping Ford would do a recall on this and take responsibility. This is my 5th Ford because I buy American but I am so disappointed today with the response.

• Like 1

Got the same problem with my EDGE 2008 limited, changed some bulbs but it came back, brought it to the dealer and they replaced the sockets till now everything is fine.

I thought it maybe had to do with the volt regulator or something ....

Ā 

Also i was thinking ot change it to led but i don't know where and which types i need (any one a suggestion)

Got the same problem with my EDGE 2008 limited, changed some bulbs but it came back, brought it to the dealer and they replaced the sockets till now everything is fine.

I thought it maybe had to do with the volt regulator or something ....

Ā 

Also i was thinking ot change it to led but i don't know where and which types i need (any one a suggestion)

My wife and I own a 2007 Edge, and I think that I replaced both rear turn signals twice -- mainly when the vehicle was new and leased. Knock-on-wood ours has been fine for a couple years now, and we even bought out our lease. Our wiring does look a little burnt, but it has never smelled like a fire. We never had anything replaced concerning the wiring. I don't know what an advantage over an LL bulb vs. a standard one, and Sylvania is the brand I typically use. Also, those bulbs are known by different names and stock numbers -- our manual says that the proper bulb is a 4157, but functionality it is the same as a 3157, which is the same as a 3157A or a 3157LL, etc. It is a very common auto bulb, and in fact is the same one my Ranger uses for it's rear turn signals. I'm not a fan of L.E.D. lights, and I think that a little research online might answer some questions. It seems that driver's have either a love or hate relationship with them.

I'm considering buying stock in Sylvania...I just replaced one of mine again last weekend; I've lost count on how many I have changed, but I know it's at least 4 since I bought it new in '07. They have the same charred look but I've never smelt anything in the car.

If it was at least 4 less than 2 weeks ago, it's at least five now. I just had to replace the other one today. I think I will now look for some LEDs...

I Got the ones from v-LEDs.com that have 90-ish LEDs. They work great.

Ā 

Ken Cook and his glorious mustache said it was coming straight for me. We had about 3 minutes of wide open wind and rain, but there seems to be no damage anywhere near here. How bout there?

Ā 

Ken Cook and his glorious mustache said it was coming straight for me. We had about 3 minutes of wide open wind and rain, but there seems to be no damage anywhere near here. How bout there?

Cool, thanks!

Ā 

Good to hear. I think it weakened after crossing 400. We had the sirens going off so we spent about an hour in the basement, but the worst of it was just south of us. Mostly rain here, not really much wind. A friend in Kennesaw had some siding removed from his house.

Ā 

Ā 

Same here. I don't think it touched down over here but we were also in the basement. That's as close as I can remember here the last 17 years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I have replaced turn signal lights at least every 6 months. and harness on each side 3 times. Ford tries to tell me its the way I drive, that I have my foot on the brake too long. Strange none of my other cars have done this. I was considering buying another edge, but after all the transmission issues and such, I don't think so.