MFT Overhaul Press Release

Did they actually say that, or just not mention the USB? What about the SD for the NAV update? If they told you that, its another dump on us in the North. I still find it hard to believe the Edge and MKX are built 100km from me and I can't use all of its features in my Country. I think this pisses me off more then the MFT issues. It's just the principle of it all.

When did you get your Edge? If similar to your join date, then I've had mine for close to a year longer (Sept 2010) and I still haven't received any notification on the updates.

I'm with the bunch that liked 2.8 better. I've had more issues with 2.11 then any other release. Sure its faster and has a few visual issues sorted out, but it reboots and locks up, more then even my 1.8 did. Once a week, my radio locks up that I can't turn it off with the button, only with voice commands. This gets fixed on the next reboot, again that seems to be at least once a week. I've also had to pull 29 more since 2.11 then the rest of the time I had the MFT.

Here's the text of the email: (hilighting by me)

"We believe that MyFord Touch* technology helps make your Ford driving experience more rewarding. And we are continually researching and testing new ways to make it even better.

With that in mind, a no-charge software upgrade will be available at your local Ford Store early in 2012. This software upgrade will help enhance your experience with simplified menus, larger type and icons, and an overall crisper and cleaner look. No vehicle modification will be required. The upgrade will work with your vehicle's current controls and displays.

In the meantime, please feel free to explore what the upgrades will mean to your drive. When the upgrade becomes available, you will be the first to know. "

Edited by seabee78

I don't think you can mail software from the U.S. to Canada or any other country - that may be part of the reason.

That may be the case as I know there are some strange licensing laws around that, but the easy fix is just distribute it from Ford Canada. I'm not too worried about the memory key, I have 10+ of them, a download is fine. I just want to ensure we're getting the SD card and don't have to go to the dealer. That's a PITA! Don't get me wrong, I actually like my service dept, I just see them more then some of my family, so I don't want to go anymore then I have to.

That may be the case as I know there are some strange licensing laws around that, but the easy fix is just distribute it from Ford Canada. I'm not too worried about the memory key, I have 10+ of them, a download is fine. I just want to ensure we're getting the SD card and don't have to go to the dealer. That's a PITA! Don't get me wrong, I actually like my service dept, I just see them more then some of my family, so I don't want to go anymore then I have to.

The old nav card won't work with the new software, so you can be sure you'll get a new one.

• 2 months later...