MFT Overhaul Press Release

We told you so........

Ā 

Ā 

This looks like an excellent upgrade and much simpler to understand.

I don't want to get too excited...as others have mentioned it looked like the original MFT functioned prior to release but I do believe Ford has too much riding on this to not make a big improvement. One thing that does make me nervous is changing too many of the screens. There is a bit of a steep learning curve which isn't great to do while your driving to begin with...couple that with my wife's issues with technology and this could take us some time to get used to. I just hope it is as intuitive as they think it is.

As a new owner who is just getting used to the existing GUI, this looks like a cleaner design, and the response speed improvement will be welcomed. One gripe... It looks like they're taking away the outside temperature readout. I'm not seeing it on any of the screen shots. IMO, it would me greatly missed.

As a new owner who is just getting used to the existing GUI, this looks like a cleaner design, and the response speed improvement will be welcomed. One gripe... It looks like they're taking away the outside temperature readout. I'm not seeing it on any of the screen shots. IMO, it would me greatly missed.

I'm sure it will be in the 4" screen by the speedo. May even be an option to have it by the main screen. I wouldn't worry about it yet

Well it's possible you don't see the outside temp readout because the new Escape doesn't have that sensor, or they just haven't implemented it yet because this is still Alpha software we're seeing (I just spoke to someone at Ford last week who had seen this version -- it's still considered Alpha).

Ā 

Regardless, I'm glad to see Ford finally publicly announce what we've been hearing for so long -- we'll all get this major update (total rewrite) in early 2012. And, they'll be mailing out USB key drives to the 300,000 of us who already suffer with the current version of MyFord Touch, so we won't have to waste a Saturday morning at the dealership.

Well it's possible you don't see the outside temp readout because the new Escape doesn't have that sensor, or they just haven't implemented it yet because this is still Alpha software we're seeing (I just spoke to someone at Ford last week who had seen this version -- it's still considered Alpha).

Ā 

Regardless, I'm glad to see Ford finally publicly announce what we've been hearing for so long -- we'll all get this major update (total rewrite) in early 2012. And, they'll be mailing out USB key drives to the 300,000 of us who already suffer with the current version of MyFord Touch, so we won't have to waste a Saturday morning at the dealership.

Ā 

That is fantastic news. I hope it's no later than February

Anyway you look at this, this is FANTASTIC news!!! Ford has listened and they appear to at least be trying to fix the issues with MFT. No one knows for sure if they have succeeded until we receive the upgrade, but for all of those that have complaints about MFT and Ford not responding, you can no longer say that at all!! Yay Ford!

Anyway you look at this, this is FANTASTIC news!!! Ford has listened and they appear to at least be trying to fix the issues with MFT. No one knows for sure if they have succeeded until we receive the upgrade, but for all of those that have complaints about MFT and Ford not responding, you can no longer say that at all!! Yay Ford!

Ā 

They haven't been able to say that (truthfully) at any time in the last year. Ford has put out at least 4 and maybe as many as 7 new software releases in the last 12 months attempting to stabilize the current system. Anybody who says they weren't trying is either ignorant or trolling.

They haven't been able to say that (truthfully) at any time in the last year. Ford has put out at least 4 and maybe as many as 7 new software releases in the last 12 months attempting to stabilize the current system. Anybody who says they weren't trying is either ignorant or trolling.

Ā 

Oh I agree with you, but this puts the proverbial nail in the coffin to any of those people.

Very good news indeed...especially that part about giving free updates to existing customers on the map data too. The maps are not the best, so any improvement will help.

Ā 

I read it will have "further map detail" like better 3D and better routing. Does this also mean it will update the maps from 2010? Will roads that were built since 2010 be shown?

This statement from the press release is very interesting...

...A survey of 2011 Ford Edge owners shows that four of the top seven purchase reasons were elements of the MyFord Touch system: the touch-screen, steering wheel controls, voice recognition and interior styling...

I can tell you that I was led to purchase the edge initially by the press releases about My Ford Touch. I hope the next generation lives up to the hype.

I'm not getting too excited until it actually drops.