Vista Roof Production Delay???

Our dealer relayed to us that our order with the Panoramic Vista roof option will not go into production until JANUARY!!!

Is this true? Is there an assembly line retooling for units without the vista roof?

Also, why does Ford build units to sit on dealership floors BEFORE building customer pre-orders??? Can't understand why our dealer is getting 3-5 random units before our order is ever built...

Our dealer relayed to us that our order with the Panoramic Vista roof option will not go into production until JANUARY!!!

Is this true? Is there an assembly line retooling for units without the vista roof?

Also, why does Ford build units to sit on dealership floors BEFORE building customer pre-orders??? Can't understand why our dealer is getting 3-5 random units before our order is ever built...

You don't mention when you ordered your vehicle.

You're making an assumption, that there is a production delay as well may be your dealer.

Dealers are getting some random units in their 1st delivery and your's may be among them depending on when you placed your order.

They are producing the Edge with the vista roof right now.

According to DanOAC: post # 14 under title......"OK guys.....when will Ford start shipping???!!!"

"Word in the plant from leadership is that we are currently building all pre-order customer vehicles. We are currently running 2 10hr production shifts in trim/chassis with a 2:1 build ratio."

Sorry.... forgot to mention that our pre-order was placed back in August. I could understand this if our order was after the advertising launch on Oct 16th, however, that's not the case here.

You are correct that dealer will get some Vista roof units. According to dealer, however, pre-orders with the Vista roof will not be manufactured until start of 2007.

Anyone else having this problem?

Many many of them are here at OAC with the vista roof. They all work and well and absolutely no leaks in the rain. Don't worry yours is on the way.

My salesperson checked today and said that my order (SEL Plus with Vista) is on schedule and is to be built this week.

I don't know what's up with your dealer. Sorry, but I have a hard time believing them. I don't know...Smells fishy...

I've seen many Edges with vista roofs around here (Dearborn).

You probably saw FEU Vehicles, I think Webasto is having major quality issues. I don't know if the BAMR (Vista Roof) has even been PPAP'ed...I think all BAMR's shipped were shipped in on ALERT?

So as far as I know, there are delays on units with the Vista Roof aka the BAMR (Big Ass Moon Roof)

You probably saw FEU Vehicles, I think Webasto is having major quality issues. I don't know if the BAMR (Vista Roof) has even been PPAP'ed...I think all BAMR's shipped were shipped in on ALERT?

So as far as I know, there are delays on units with the Vista Roof aka the BAMR (Big Ass Moon Roof)

Stop talking out of your ass, everything is fine.

Stop talking out of your ass, everything is fine.

"Stop talking out of your ass, everything is fine."

WTf??????

"everything is fine."???!!

That means "shit to a tree" to us who are not as informed as you!!!!!

"Everything is fine"....is the reason people get divorced!!!!

What are you saying??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Stop talking out of your ass, everything is fine."

WTf??????

"everything is fine."???!!

That means "shit to a tree" to us who are not as informed as you!!!!!

"Everything is fine"....is the reason people get divorced!!!!

What are you saying??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:nonono:

foxrun, you're a tool :finger:

If everything was fine, then Ford would have started selling Edge models on the dealer floor back on Oct 16th.

The reality is that no one has their order filled, and Ford can't commit to a ship date.

Yup that would be a good way to discribe me at Ford, but all jobs are done better and easier with the right tool.

The delays are for all the right reasons. Ford is serious about the product and if you look at thier resent quality record with new product (Fusion, MKZ, Milan, 500, Mondeo, Freestyle) you would know there were delays and there were zero recalls.

Oh ya, got a shipping date, but I'll let you sweat it.

Yup that would be a good way to discribe me at Ford, but all jobs are done better and easier with the right tool.

The delays are for all the right reasons. Ford is serious about the product and if you look at thier resent quality record with new product (Fusion, MKZ, Milan, 500, Mondeo, Freestyle) you would know there were delays and there were zero recalls.

Oh ya, got a shipping date, but I'll let you sweat it.

Hey, Foxrun can you let me know when your ship date is because I can't get a solid date from ford

Is there a solid date? :wacko:

NO.

The plant has to run for 5 consecutive days problem free for the vehicles to be signed off and released to the public. Everytime there is a problem ( Such as the paintshop fans catching on fire, Stampings comming in from Buffalo not to spec etc ) the counter is reset. So there is no date set in stone

Mark Fields is arriving today to see just WTF is going on. Franky G is putting on his tap shoes right about now.

There are plenty of cars with BAMRS ( Big Ass Moon Roofs ) in the parking lot ready to ship.

I must say. The delay aside. These are very very nice vehicles.. The ones that have Sirius radio seem to have it presubbed. The people that buy this vehicle are going to be very happy with it.

To "Frank IdontKnow"

since I ordered an Edge without the Vista roof, is it possible my order would show up in the first shipments (in the Boston area) by mid December??

I know it's possible, but with the vista roof delay i was wondering....

My dealer has little substantive info.

He's changed the delivery date 3 times already!

I know my dealer ordered fully loaded vehicles, (with the Vista roof) but since "the panoramic roof is on hold"................

I'm thinking, since my Edge, which was an original dealer order he reconfigured for me to include, no Vista roof, 18" painted wheels, towing package, storage bins and leather....I might get mine in the first shipment, since I ordered mine in mid August??!!

4 months is getting to be annoying, to wait for a new car!

Your thoughts?

VB

I hope Fields gets a haircut before arriving at the plant. It's tough to respect the long hair pretty boy look. :rockon:

Who cares if Mark Fields gets a haircut! Just as long as he fixes what the hold up is. Frankly, I think this should have been done more then a month ago by Mark Fields! Ford says this is supposed to be the most important launch of 2006 and by the sounds of it, I won't be getting my vechile this year. Good one Ford :sos::censored::cry:

P.S. Sorry guys I have to vent somewhere

To "Frank IdontKnow"

since I ordered an Edge without the Vista roof, is it possible my order would show up in the first shipments (in the Boston area) by mid December??

I know it's possible, but with the vista roof delay i was wondering....

My dealer has little substantive info.

He's changed the delivery date 3 times already!

I know my dealer ordered fully loaded vehicles, (with the Vista roof) but since "the panoramic roof is on hold"................

I'm thinking, since my Edge, which was an original dealer order he reconfigured for me to include, no Vista roof, 18" painted wheels, towing package, storage bins and leather....I might get mine in the first shipment, since I ordered mine in mid August??!!

4 months is getting to be annoying, to wait for a new car!

Your thoughts?

VB

If your Dealer is changing dates on you its becuase Ford Motor Company is changing dates on him.

Your vehicle is very likley built and sitting in a staging area somewhere waiting to be signed off.

I would say your chances are very good that you will recieve your vehicle in December IF they are signed off by then.

Please note that these delays are very common with new vehicles be it Ford or Toyota.

The same thing happened with the Fusion and to this day, there are no recalls with the vehicles.. Toyota cant say the same for their new vehicles.

If your Dealer is changing dates on you its becuase Ford Motor Company is changing dates on him.

Your vehicle is very likley built and sitting in a staging area somewhere waiting to be signed off.

I would say your chances are very good that you will recieve your vehicle in December IF they are signed off by then.

Please note that these delays are very common with new vehicles be it Ford or Toyota.

The same thing happened with the Fusion and to this day, there are no recalls with the vehicles.. Toyota cant say the same for their new vehicles.

Thanks Frank, I hope you're right.

I agree with Frank. I was highly skeptical of the Ford Fusion's delays, however, it has not suffered from any recalls though ;)

It's hard to continue waiting week after week for a vehicle that many have depended on being in their driveway already. On the other hand, I don't think anyone wants to take a new vehicle back for recalls right after they get it. Moreover, Ford can no longer afford to operate with the "let the dealer fix it" mindset.

There are some people that are pissed off because they have not received their Edge yet and that's not good no matter how you word it. But, we should all happy that Ford is changing they way they do business. :rockon:

I agree with Frank. I was highly skeptical of the Ford Fusion's delays, however, it has not suffered from any recalls though ;)

It's hard to continue waiting week after week for a vehicle that many have depended on being in their driveway already. On the other hand, I don't think anyone wants to take a new vehicle back for recalls right after they get it. Moreover, Ford can no longer afford to operate with the "let the dealer fix it" mindset.

There are some people that are pissed off because they have not received their Edge yet and that's not good no matter how you word it. But, we should all happy that Ford is changing they way they do business. :rockon:

Short term pain for long term gain.