Edge Limited Adjusting The Angle Of The Headrest

Okay, I have extensively researched this today. To be honest, I don't care about the new ones, as I like the old ones, but I don't like being told that something can't be done.

Here are the dirty facts...

1. All 2012s built prior to the end of October get the old ones. From there on, they'll be the new ones.

2. They're $160-180 each from Ford (depending on your dealership and your relationship.)

3. Here's the one that sucks: You can't buy them for the Sport. If you have a Sport and want them, you have to buy them in some other color and then pay an additional $100-ish each for the leather cover that matches the Sport.

That's the high points. Any other questions, and I'll answer if I have the info.

I wonder if you could smooth talk someone at your dealership.

I had ratcheting headrest in an old Toyota. They were very handy. My friend was able to be more flexible with her hair-dos.

You could rent a 2012 from a rental company for a couple days (just make sure it's the same interior and has the ratcheting headrests)....

I checked the Ford Parts site (WWW.FORDPARTS.COM) and the headrest change happened with vehicles built after 10/24/2011 since the parts are listed there. What you may need to do is find a 2012 model built after that date with your interior color and do a parts lookup with that cars serial number. I also noticed a seat back part change a bit earlier but I'm not sure why.

Add To Cart

Headrest Mechanism

Ford Series ; Charcoal Black Interior, Howell (B-C); (EW), Cover Only, RH/LH (Front)

Call

Select a dealer for prices & availability

Vehicle Build Date after: 10/24/2011

Edited by blankster