MFT upgrade overview

Rec'd the same notice a couple weeks back; didn't saying anything about a new nav SD card though?! Anyhoo, as mine 2.11 is working fine, I'm a bit reticent to upgrade at all (I'm a firm believer in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" LOL, at least in my own specific case ;) )...maybe I'll hold off and see how it goes for everyone else first.

Guys,

Let's set the record straight; Microsoft DID NOT write the app called My Ford Touch or MFT. A company called BSquare and Ford wrte the MFT app. Microsoft wrote the OS. MFT runs on top of the OS. I do understand based upon conversations on this site Microsoft's helping do the rewrite. You can search the site for more detailed info because we discussed ad nauseum last fal, summer, spring and previous winter.

I do not work for MIcrosoft, but anoither big software company.

Edited by rwolson

why on earth would you do the upgrade yourself?!?!

you go out and buy these super nice vehicles, spend in excess of 25k, and have a flawed product because microsoft forgot to add a refresh cycler into the programming. EFF THAT MESS! Take it to the dealer! no matter what your milage it will be covered under warranty and no charge to you!

TAKE IT TO THE DEALER!

Rather than have the post edited and it's content modified, it's been deleted.

Edited by dr.edge
removed inflammatory remarks

Why would I do the upgrade myself? Because I want it done correctly! (capitalization not added as no additional emphasis needed)

Microsoft wrote the OS, BSquared/Ford wrote the app.

all we care about is doing everything we can to get it fixed for you and making sure you're happy, and doing that is always at a pretty big personal expense. Even though we may have your vehicle in excess of a couple of hours, we only get paid for about .7 hours of that.

all i'm trying to do is let you all know that if you don't want to fool with the update yourselves your dealer will do it free of charge.

Edited by akirby
removed inflammatory remarks

No need to get wound up over semantics. Let it go.

i can understand removing the more heated parts of my reply and no hard feelings on my end about that, but i wish you would have left the rest of my reply. It really erks me when people have an attitude and perception as skewed as his. i made no derrogatory comments toward his profession and yet i get slandered because i don't elaborate every single word for the .01% of people on this forum who thrive on their Napolean syndrome because they have "insider information" on design and production of single system on a vehicle that has more than 1,000 functioning systems.

i joined this forum for two reasons, 1.) to learn more 2.) to help others.

now, i've been on many forums in the past and i know that people like him are always present, but i suppose i get a sick thrill from a heated debate with the ones who feel superior because they have they know SOOO much about a single system....lol

sorry for the rant, but i put alot of thought into my previous reply...i apologize for the foul words, but not the basis of my response

• Like 1

i can understand removing the more heated parts of my reply and no hard feelings on my end about that, but i wish you would have left the rest of my reply. It really erks me when people have an attitude and perception as skewed as his. i made no derrogatory comments toward his profession and yet i get slandered because i don't elaborate every single word for the .01% of people on this forum who thrive on their Napolean syndrome because they have "insider information" on design and production of single system on a vehicle that has more than 1,000 functioning systems.

now, i've been on many forums in the past and i know that people like him are always present, but i suppose i get a sick thrill from a heated debate with the ones who feel superior because they have they know SOOO much about a single system....lol

sorry for the rant, but i put alot of thought into my previous reply...i apologize for the foul words, but not the basis of my response

Careful dude, the mod doesn't like it when people get too wound up. You'll earn yourself a time-out.

• Like 1

I completely understand but we don't need personal attacks and that's where this was headed, regardless of how much you might enjoy it.

If you want to carry on that type of discussion do it via PMs.

• Like 2

Rec'd the same notice a couple weeks back; didn't saying anything about a new nav SD card though?! Anyhoo, as mine 2.11 is working fine, I'm a bit reticent to upgrade at all (I'm a firm believer in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" LOL, at least in my own specific case ;) )...maybe I'll hold off and see how it goes for everyone else first.

Your thinking is much like mine. I haven't upgraded from 2.7 because my system is generally working very well. The reason I am going with the update that everyone is talking about is to hopefully get a fix for my clock (which is no big deal, since it works when set manually) and I suppose a simplified screen and maybe a bit faster system. What I am looking forward to most is an update to the Nav Maps, again this is a small problem considering what quite a few of the forum members are experiencing. I'm pretty sure we'll get the SD card as well.

Your thinking is much like mine. I haven't upgraded from 2.7 because my system is generally working very well. The reason I am going with the update that everyone is talking about is to hopefully get a fix for my clock (which is no big deal, since it works when set manually) and I suppose a simplified screen and maybe a bit faster system. What I am looking forward to most is an update to the Nav Maps, again this is a small problem considering what quite a few of the forum members are experiencing. I'm pretty sure we'll get the SD card as well.

And I am still on 1.8 for that reason. I will give everyone a few months of testing it out before I update to the new system. I can deal with having to disco my battery twice in 18 months.

I just read a thread on the Ford Explorer forum which mentioned you cna download a tutorial showing screenshots of the new MFT. You'll need an iPhone or iPad. http://itunes.apple.com/app/mft-guide/id501961889?mt=8

Note, click on a function then the ? near the time. Samantha (I read Ford engineering named her Samantha) or the Sync lady appears providing details.

I just read a thread on the Ford Explorer forum which mentioned you cna download a tutorial showing screenshots of the new MFT. You'll need an iPhone or iPad. http://itunes.apple....d501961889?mt=8

Note, click on a function then the ? near the time. Samantha (I read Ford engineering named her Samantha) or the Sync lady appears providing details.

These are all steps in the right direction. Now if they would only get the updated software out to us sooner than later. I'm starting to think they've learned how to speak like politicians with their definition of soon!

These are all steps in the right direction. Now if they would only get the updated software out to us sooner than later. I'm starting to think they've learned how to speak like politicians with their definition of soon!

It was obviously ready a couple of months ago considering they gave it to employees to beta test. The only conclusion is they're finding and fixing bugs found during beta testing and while it's frustrating for those having problems today I think it's the right choice given what happened before. Better for it to be a month or two late and be right than be early and have continued problems. I hope the problems are minor though - I'd hate to think they did a rewrite only to have more huge issues.

i went to CIAS [canadian international autoshow ] yesterday and checked up on this new mft on several of ford vehicles. i did noticed its a bit quicker than present one , little difference in layout but believe me or not its still unfinished business [ sorry this may break some hearts]. i found it laggy in few of their 2013 models [ahem... escape] .it may be one off case , idont know but i wasn't really impressed . my reason to go to autoshow was to test it and i spent nearly an hour on different fords and mkx.[ maybe the mkx wasn't updates as i didn't get chance to check its firmware].

i went to CIAS [canadian international autoshow ] yesterday and checked up on this new mft on several of ford vehicles. i did noticed its a bit quicker than present one , little difference in layout but believe me or not its still unfinished business [ sorry this may break some hearts]. i found it laggy in few of their 2013 models [ahem... escape] .it may be one off case , idont know but i wasn't really impressed . my reason to go to autoshow was to test it and i spent nearly an hour on different fords and mkx.[ maybe the mkx wasn't updates as i didn't get chance to check its firmware].

Hmmm... the 2013 Escapes at Chicago did NOT have the update. The only Ford at the Chicago show I could find with the new version of MFT was a 2013 Fusion all lettered up as a demo car to show off MFT technology.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, went to my Ford dealer yesterday to get an oil change. The main service head told me that the new update is slick and light years faster than the current system. They had a 2013 SHO and they were test driving it. The system responded quicker, recognized your voice better, and the system overall was way smoother. I asked him when I shouls except to see the new Nav SD Card and the USB for the update. He told me that Ford told him in 2-3 weeks, which means by the end of March. I have to see it to believe it, but let's hope it is true, both the rumor date and the better MyTouch.