MFT upgrade overview

Oh my!

What's that warm feeling coming over me.....?

Did this guy imply that the older the car, the longer the install? That tells me there has been hardware updates. over the past year.

Didn't catch that what time marker? But I wouldn't be surprised since many say their update took 40 minutes as expected but man others like me it took a solid hour.

Went back and listened again...not sure what to think. He did say 45 min to an hour based on how old AND what version software they are on. Could have just been a slip and he didn't mean that but who knows.

I do know the update from 2.8 to 2.11 took at least an hour, not sure of the exact time but I think ours was made in 3/11.

Did this guy imply that the older the car, the longer the install? That tells me there has been hardware updates. over the past year.

I think he was covering for people that haven't upgraded to 2.11 - he says the old the car and the old the version on the car. I have already had it confirmed that I will have to take my car to a dealer to have it installed because I never did that upgrade to 2.3 or whatever it was you had to do to be able to upgrade on your own. So I would guess it will take longer to upgrade from 2.8 then from 2.11.

Wow, Ford has discovered the hardware has a dedicated graphics controller they can make use of and they have even "borrowed the concept of beta testing". Things are definitely looking up.

I was thinking the same, how do you go oops we did not know we had a GPU.

Oh my!

What's that warm feeling coming over me.....?

The warm feeling coming over you is probably because you wet you pants (sorry, couldn't resist that)

In the grand scheme of things, using the GPU as a general processor is actually a pretty new idea, so don't fault them for not realizing it sooner.

Amiga was doing this in the 80's. They off-loaded the graphics and sound to the Denise and Paula chips respectively. This is hardly a new idea.

Is it just me or did those guys appear to have been separated at birth?

If they are still in beta testing I'd say no, but I wouldn't sweat it. The upgrade process will be easy and DIY. If they have the final code it will, as at the time of our build, ours had newer software before it was released to the dealers. Just depends on where they are at in testing but since Ford said a 1st quarter release I'd guess they are still testing.