2012 ford edge

miguel2012

I do not see a question or request for opinions from miguel2012 on his new Edge wheels, so I won't comment on them. I am reading into Opusnbill7's reply of "why?" that he does not seem to be a big fan of he look. Everyone has some tastes that differ from others, which is the way it should be. It would be an awfully dull world if we all liked the same things. My mantra when it comes to customizing your car, if you like the look of a certain mod on your car, you should do it. You're opinion is the only one that matters. I used to criticize cars that did not appeal to me, but as I became more wise through the years, This attitude began to change when the Pontiac Aztek came out. Everybody hated the look and the jokes were flying. I didn't care for the design either, but at least GM pushed the envelope attempting to bring back some creativity that had been missing for years prior. Yes it wasn't successful, but it did help to jump start other car makers to push their design limits as well. Before this epiphany of mine, I would joke and shake my head when seeing a kid's 10 year old Honda Civic he picked up for $1,800 now scraping up the pavement with his 22 inch spinners rubbing against his ears. The kid also chose to graft a decommissioned F-15 starboard wing flap onto his trunk lid. There's still times when I see a tricked out car and giggle a bit, but then I go on to think about how much fun that kid and his friends must have had installing the accessories and how proud he is of HIS own unique ride. I began noticing the driver's faces as they drove by, they all had the same grin I had when i would tweak my car's look. I don't know about you, but I'd rather see a smiling kid driving a blinged outrageously modded car, than a tight-@ss grumpy dude frowning down the road in a plain Jane, uninteresting, uninspiring, me-to stock sedan. Go ahead, be creative and do what makes you feel good!

Uh HELLO What part of the Op's "what you think" didn't you understand. Now take a chill pill and relax.

I do not see a question or request for opinions from miguel2012 on his new Edge wheels, so I won't comment on them. I am reading into Opusnbill7's reply of "why?" that he does not seem to be a big fan of he look. Everyone has some tastes that differ from others, which is the way it should be. It would be an awfully dull world if we all liked the same things. My mantra when it comes to customizing your car, if you like the look of a certain mod on your car, you should do it. You're opinion is the only one that matters. I used to criticize cars that did not appeal to me, but as I became more wise through the years, This attitude began to change when the Pontiac Aztek came out. Everybody hated the look and the jokes were flying. I didn't care for the design either, but at least GM pushed the envelope attempting to bring back some creativity that had been missing for years prior. Yes it wasn't successful, but it did help to jump start other car makers to push their design limits as well. Before this epiphany of mine, I would joke and shake my head when seeing a kid's 10 year old Honda Civic he picked up for $1,800 now scraping up the pavement with his 22 inch spinners rubbing against his ears. The kid also chose to graft a decommissioned F-15 starboard wing flap onto his trunk lid. There's still times when I see a tricked out car and giggle a bit, but then I go on to think about how much fun that kid and his friends must have had installing the accessories and how proud he is of HIS own unique ride. I began noticing the driver's faces as they drove by, they all had the same grin I had when i would tweak my car's look. I don't know about you, but I'd rather see a smiling kid driving a blinged outrageously modded car, than a tight-@ss grumpy dude frowning down the road in a plain Jane, uninteresting, uninspiring, me-to stock sedan. Go ahead, be creative and do what makes you feel good!

Ā 

Ā 

Hi kc300c. :D As others have mentioned but you must have missed: The title of this thread by miguel2012 (the OP) states "2012 ford edge what you think". Also, miguel2012 asked "what you think" about this video clip in a similar thread (double-posted) which you also must not have seen. Some replied in both threads (and quite politely for the Internet, I would add :hysterical: ). So he did solicit opinions.

Ā 

Hope this makes the sequence of events clearer.

Ā 

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Exactly. The OP specifically asked for opinions so that's what he/she got.

Ā 

Ā 

If you are asking what we or me think of the wheels-rims I can't say they look good, what are the tires elastic bands? the ride must be awful. Hit one big pot hole and a bent rim might occur. Just my opinion, its your vehicle. Enjoy...and no flaming please...

How much would that setup have cost? I ask because I've never felt the need to put aftermarket wheels on a vehicle... I guess I'd rather buy a higher trim level and get more 'goodies" for me (i.e. MFT, pano roof, leather upholstery, etc.) than buy an SE and put thousands into a set of wheels and tires to make it appear 'different'. I don't really care what the neighbours think of my cars I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

i just ask for ur opinion and really enjoy everyone thought....it not to argue it just a car and ill get another one in a few year when i get bore..i like to do things that are different..i understand what chu mean about the trim but at the end of the day they are thousand of then out there i bet that if i stand next to any sport model or sel i know that i would get the most attention...saying that i mean i would stand out more dont like been like everyone else..but i dont wnt u gys to argue over something so small..like i said i respect everyone opinion once again thank...