Hid for 2012 ford edge sport awd

pakixswag

Starting in 2011 they went to a 9012 bulb which does low and high. So when you look for a kit you either need the 9012 or a 9006 bulb. Based on some people having some electrical issues I would highly recommend you also get a wiring harness just to take the load off the stock wiring.

Ok guys im trying to buy hid lights for my headlights and i dont know which one to buy could you help figure if its h11 or D3S or something else. Its an 2012 ford edge sport awd

I just bought and installed the retro-solutions kit 6000K kit for the edge. Haven't had any problems with it and they are really bright. Click this link to see my photo's of my lights. My Gallery

Ok that helps from both of guys thanx and great pics bro. But for the does that include all the wires or is it plug and play with out the wires. And retro are so expensove though

Yes, the Retro-Solutions kit includes everything you need for the installation - lamps, ballasts, wiring harness, control relay. The nice thing is that it fits and it works but if you do have any trouble, their support is quick and responsive.

They may be a bit pricier than other options, but I think you get what you pay for.

I used DDMTuning.com They have a 9005 5000K 55W or 35W kit and theyre $45. Ive used these kits for years with no problems ever to speak of. Hell, you can buy three of these kits for the price of 1 of some other brands. They go in easy, you dont have to modify anything, and they have great customer service and tech support if you need it. Search my posts and see my pics.

Edited by Edgieguy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just curious.....are these HID aftermarket kits legal? Again not being critical, just wondering.

I've had factory (legal) HID's on several cars in the past, and like the lighting. But didn't think it was that much better than stock lighting. Also think the stock lighting on our 2012 Edge is pretty good.

Am well aware of the advantages of aftermarket HID lighting, just wondering if making them legal takes away some of their brightness.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^Yes, this is true in all states, I believe it can be found in the federal register as well as all state motor vehicle laws. Here's the problem. When people retrofit lights into say...a 1982 Corolla the light is dispersed in 1000 different directions blinding drivers in the other direction. After HID retrofits became popular a few years ago I think it was the national transportation safety board and DOT got together and wrote that up. With that said, I think if its done responsibly it can be fine. By responsibly I mean lights like ours, or at least lights that can be aimed after installation. I had HID retrofits in both my 2008 Limited and mt new Sport, I adjusted both headlamps after installation and have no never had light bleeding out to blind on coming traffic. Of course, no one has time to look at all the different vehicles these can be applied to so they're illegal for all. I have issued tickets for HID lights, but i've given A LOT more warnings. Completely blue or pink colored HIDs, especially ones that blind from 1/4 mile away are clearly a hazard. Done responsibly, I have no problem with these and that seems to be the general consensus among my peers.

On a side note, while we have a 2013 Limited with HIDs on loan from Ford as a courtesy car, I compared my aftermarket HIDs with the Ford OEMs and they are set to the exact same height and spread as the stockers, albeit my 5000Ks are a bit whiter.