Real Carbon Fiber!

Dingo

Yeah, I know it's not car related, but it's still badass. I'm having a hip replacement later this month. I'm going to have to use a cane for a month or two or three. I decided that the wooden shepherd's hook cane just wouldn't do. Check it out. Triple hand-wound carbon fiber. 14 oz. total. If I'm going to be the 34 year-old gimp, I'll do it in style. Thoughts?

DSC_5437.jpg

Yeah, I know it's not car related, but it's still badass. I'm having a hip replacement later this month. I'm going to have to use a cane for a month or two or three. I decided that the wooden shepherd's hook cane just wouldn't do. Check it out. Triple hand-wound carbon fiber. 14 oz. total. If I'm going to be the 34 year-old gimp, I'll do it in style. Thoughts?

DSC_5437.jpg

Looking pretty good!

Let's keep the mods to the Edge. ;) I will keep good thoughts for you. Take care of yourself, surgery is hard on your body. I have had a lot of them, three last year alone and have another coming up. My friend's husband had a high tech knee replacement right before Christmas and is doing very well. Behave yourself and get well fast. :)

Good luck with teh surgery and that cane is badass...but what did a 34yo do to need a new hip? Sounds like you might be more badass than that cane!

Well, it goes back to my days of wrestling Sumatran tigers...

Okay, fine. I got out of a chair. That's it. I've spent my whole life doing dangerous things just for the adrenaline rush, but I killed my leg getting out of a chair. I tore the labrum in the acetabulum. As it inflamed and peeled up, it cut off the blood supply to the femoral head, thus resulting in avascular necrosis of the femoral head. They put a tantalum rod inside my femur close to three years ago, but the damage is just too far gone. Check out the cool x-ray, though!

DSC_5421.jpg

Stop lying to people...I found this other x-ray of your arm. Why not just admit you're really Wolverine. Now that would be badass! Seriously though good luck with the surgery and hope you have a speedy recovery. I look forward to the multitude of pain killer induced posts.

LOL! We can rebuild him . . .

I like the cane! is it hollow? wink.gif

DSC_5446.jpg

Incidentally, I know that almost nobody contributed to my camera thread, but I'm happy, so I'd like to point out that I took that picture with my new lens that I got today. I have the perfect trifecta of zoom lenses now.

And thanks for the warm wishes, everyone!