Which rim would you think looks better?

jdconn01

Here's how my 2007 Edge looks now:

5504577925_993e1cba0f_z.jpg

At the moment I'm away on deployment till June, the plan is to order a wheel package from Tire Rack a month out from me returning home. In the mean time I'm trying to decide which rims would look best on my Edge. Here's the two:

Lorenzo 20" WL27 -$389 a rim and weighing in at 35.4 pounds.

Then there's the American Racing Mainline 20" costing only $234 a rim and weighing slightly less at 34.6.

I'm not too concerned with the price difference between the two, I could really use the help on which one would closest match the Edge's style and color. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide!

Edited by jdconn01

At the moment I'm away on deployment till June, the plan is to order a wheel package from Tire Rack a month out from me returning home. In the mean time I'm trying to decide which rims would look best on my Edge. Here's the two:

Then there's the American Racing Mainline 20" costing only $234 a rim and weighing slightly less at 34.6.

I'm not too concerned with the price difference between the two, I could really use the help on which one would closest match the Edge's style and color. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide!

The second one for two reasons: 1) Color match ffom your trime (Chrome & Black) 2) Easier to keep clean!

Sorry for the sloppy typing on my first post but wanted to add, thank you for protecting our country!!!! :worship:

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone, as it stands three people say go for the Lorenzo while four say the American Racing is the better choice. I still have time till I order them, about 2 months really. I'll make sure to keep checking the thread for any new feedback and let you all know which ones I ordered once May comes around. Thanks for the kind military comments, its been hard on the family with me going on deployments every other year, but hopefully there's going to be less of those if DoD keeps with its plan on Afghanistan.

I think that the Lorenzo's are really a sharp looking wheel, and in my opinion, the A/R's look more like the 22's that are on the Sport. It's all up to what kind of look that you are looking for. The A/R's will be easier to keep clean. I have the 20" chrome on my MKX, they look sharp, but being a 15 spoke wheel, they are a pain to keep clean, and I bathe him weekly.

Edited by JOEHIO

Have to apologize if I'm not commenting as often as I would like too, but at least I keep checking in on this thread to see what the general opinion is for the two choices. Interesting enough it's looking like the general choice is for the American Racing wheel package. Like I mentioned earlier I'll post which one I purchase in May and get some pictures up in June once I get home and put them all on.

I would go with the American Racing. I love the look of 5 spoke, I forgot about those rims I was looking at them last year too.

I have the Lorenzo's but in a 22" I really like the luxury look they give, even thought I'm selling mine. The AR are kinda simple.

Heres what the Black and polish look on a black Edge ( they are clear coated so its easier to clean but it is work getting into the riviots)

IMG_20110405_150618-1.jpg

Holy Dam those look nice! I am currently ordering a set of 22's also. Well in the process of trying to decide what to get, I love the look of black and chrome together though. A couple of questions for you though. What size of rubber are you 22's and what's your rim width if you don't mind me asking?

These are the ones I'm currently wanting. I'm a sucker for more of the simplistic 5 spoke myself.post-20411-0-43132500-1331247682_thumb.jpg

Edited by sprsnake_wishin

I would go with the American Racing. I love the look of 5 spoke, I forgot about those rims I was looking at them last year too.

Holy Dam those look nice! I am currently ordering a set of 22's also. Well in the process of trying to decide what to get, I love the look of black and chrome together though. A couple of questions for you though. What size of rubber are you 22's and what's your rim width if you don't mind me asking?

These are the ones I'm currently wanting. I'm a sucker for more of the simplistic 5 spoke myself.post-20411-0-43132500-1331247682_thumb.jpg

They are 22x8.5, I roll on Hankook RH06 265/35/22.

• 1 month later...

Been awhile, just wanted to post a update on the wheels. I went with the American Racing 20" wheel package, had them ordered last month and is waiting in the garage for me once I get home. Still got till June till I get back, once I get them on and everything looking nice expect another update with better pictures.

Here's a couple pics my wife took. Granted she isn't to keen in getting the best angle, this is what she took after I emailed her to get a good front view of the wheel.

http://imgur.com/a/wlbGO

Hey JD, thanks again for your service! I've spent awhile in Iraq myself.

But I'm glad you went with the American Racing package. Like a lot of the other members here, I like the 5 spoke style too. Great choice! I look forward to seeing some pics when you get back into town.

Keep your head down out there!

• 1 month later...

After getting back and settled I went about getting these 20's on the Edge, here's a few pictures-

New wheels On Edge 2

New wheels On Edge 3

New wheels On Edge 1

Somethings I found interesting after the install-

• The TPMS didn't require a reset, the tires had the bands installed prior to shipping along with a reset tool. Regardless I'm keeping the reset tool in the glove box in case it ever comes on on the dashboard.
  • The Edge took 20's with no issues, I was expecting some new road noise but it's a quite ride.
  • The speedometer is still accurate. Still don't quite get this, but I tested it with a GPS tracking my speed and it matched perfectly with the Edge's own readings.

That's it for now, I want to get some good video up at some point. That and more pics, but not for this thread since it's pretty much complete. Thanks again for the kind comments and guidance, really enjoying the new fuller look in the tirewells and overall style added to my Edge.

Glad you went with the second option. They look MUCH better than the first. IMO, Never get a rim with a lip unless you have low profile tires. Otherwise, it will look bad.

The AR wheels look good on your edge, they are sporty, 5 spoke wheels w/o a lip so they suit well.