MFT report your successful installations or problems

Update on my situation.

Ā 

Dealership ordered the apin module on Monday, and my car was done Tuesday afternoon. They put the update on the new apin as they have to load the software on it anyway.

Ā 

I pick my car up and immediately notice some strange things. I no longer have the following:

Ā 

• heated seat controls
  • backup camera
  • seek/voice command (steering wheel controls)
  • sirius radio

Ā 

Called the dealership and they are working with the technology team at Ford to figure out why some settings aren't showing up.

Ā 

Other than that the new system is much faster and the general screen layout/buttons look nicer.

I updated mine a week ago. It took about 40-45 minutes on my drive home. The operation using the seek button on the steering wheel to scroll through the radio presets is now opposite. It used to be down to go from preset 1 to 2, but now it is up.

Ā 

Also, right after I started my Edge yesterday, it started playing the radio, which is where it was when I had previously turned it off, and switched to the iPod a couple of seconds later without me doing anything. It had done this a few times before the upgrade, so it doesn't look like they fixed that yet.

Edited by jrunde

well, still don't have my package from the mail, but i did get a nav SD card today!

Ā 

i called about 10 dealers a couple days ago, and one of them said to call back today to see if they have any......and they did!

Ā 

They were a little confused at the fact that i already have the update installed, as they didn't know you could download it from syncmyride, but they took my vin and gave me a A3 sd card.

Ā 

Now what to do with my package when it arrives?

Update applied in New Jersey. MKX with 2.11 upgraded today in 45 minutes. New Nav card installed as well. One problem I hoped was fixed may be a phone problem. I have a Windows 7.5 phone and I wanted to use addresses in the phonebook as a destination in naviagtion. When I open the phonebook, the address is shown. I hit options, select as destination and I am told it cannot use the address Has anyone had sucess with this feature?.

Update applied in New Jersey. MKX with 2.11 upgraded today in 45 minutes. New Nav card installed as well. One problem I hoped was fixed may be a phone problem. I have a Windows 7.5 phone and I wanted to use addresses in the phonebook as a destination in naviagtion. When I open the phonebook, the address is shown. I hit options, select as destination and I am told it cannot use the address Has anyone had sucess with this feature?.

Works fine on mine.

I called my local dealer which is 25 miles south of Boston on Monday to see if the update had arrived and they said no but would call me as soon as one arrived. I received a call today(left work early) and installation took roughly one hour. My Blackberry Curve 9330 paired with no problem. So far so good.... My advice is to call your local dealer if you do not want to wait for the update via mail.

I've been tracking Edge/MKX MFT upgrade posts because the activity on this topic in the Focus Forum has been minimal. Finally received my upgrade package today and did the installation - there was drama but ultimately (two hours later...) success. If you would like to read my Focus Forum post about what transpired, here's the link. MFT Upgrade in Focus Forum. Perhaps this was for the best. At least now I feel better prepared to do the upgrade in my father's '11 MKX tomorrow. I wouldn't have wanted him to have had to try and deal with similar issues on his own.

I've been tracking Edge/MKX MFT upgrade posts because the activity on this topic in the Focus Forum has been minimal. Finally received my upgrade package today and did the installation - there was drama but ultimately (two hours later...) success. If you would like to read my Focus Forum post about what transpired, here's the link. MFT Upgrade in Focus Forum. Perhaps this was for the best. At least now I feel better prepared to do the upgrade in my father's '11 MKX tomorrow. I wouldn't have wanted him to have had to try and deal with similar issues on his own.

I wonder why you had so many problems with the update. Did mine thursday on my MKX, took 40 minutes. Yes, before I started, I read the instructions carefully, and I did delete (unpaired) our phones before starting. Wish you luck with dads MKX tomorrow.

I wonder why you had so many problems with the update. Did mine thursday on my MKX, took 40 minutes. Yes, before I started, I read the instructions carefully, and I did delete (unpaired) our phones before starting. Wish you luck with dads MKX tomorrow.

Unknown. I also read all the instructions and unpaired my phone in advance of the upgrade. Curious to see how other Focus owners have fared but as yet have found no posts other than one who had difficulty pairing a phone post-upgrade.

Edited by mrgdr57

Mine finally came yesterday also. Doing now in the driveway. They may have shipped the first batch overseas :(

Ā 

OK Got 'r done. Seems to be working fine with no glitches.

Does anyone with an iPhone 4s get the addresses in the address book to set as destination??. Before I didn't get the addresses and now I do see them. Unfortunately I can't use them to set my navigation.

Thanks

Edited by tpm419419

MKX MLT upgraded without a hitch.

I'm thinking on doing the update tonight on my 2012 edge with nav that i got a bit over two weeks ago. Is there any other reason aside for the SD map data to have my dealer do the update? I currently have v2.11.

Ā 

I have a 2012 Edge Ltd with Nav and I did the update in my driveway in 50 minutes with no issues. You must leave the car idling for the full time. A waste of gas but it beats tying up your time at a dealership. No issues with my phone or the system updates.

I have a 2012 Edge Ltd with Nav and I did the update in my driveway in 50 minutes with no issues. You must leave the car idling for the full time. A waste of gas but it beats tying up your time at a dealership. No issues with my phone or the system updates.

Ā 

Thanks. It's running right now (10:10pm) with keys in the ignition outside my driveway. kind of scary thinking someone will notice it and drive away with my new ride. :(

Edited by jRE

Thanks. It's running right now (10:10pm) with keys in the ignition outside my driveway. kind of scary thinking someone will notice it and drive away with my new ride. :(

Ā 

Yikes! don't leave you wheels outside, running at night unattended! Take your keys with your and lock your doors. That's what I did and didn't have any issues. Even if someone broke a window and attempted driving away it wouldn't work as it would give you the key not detected warning, but idling is just fine.

Edited by motzilla

Yikes! don't leave you wheels outside, running at night unattended! Take your keys with your and lock your doors. That's what I did and didn't have any issues. Even if someone broke a window and attempted driving away it wouldn't work as it would give you the key not detected warning, but idling is just fine.

3.02 now installed and I still have my Edge :). I dont have push start so keys had to be in the car and its the only time i have to do it with all the things i have to do during day-time.

Ā 

I'm pleased with it's snappy performance compared to 2.11, it's designed to be user-friendly with all the needed settings and important info easily accesed and viewed which is a requirement especially while driving. Can't wait for tomorrow to contact some Ford dealers to get the SD card because I am not even sure i will get it in the mail since i signed the papers the day Ford dealers got their 3.11 copies and this Edge like the rest on their lot is supposed to be their responsibility upgrading.

Ā 

I would rather have a usable and functional MFT for driving conditions than complaining that it lacks non-essential eye-candy stuff.