Intercooler - Sport

Nick Halstead

Nick we cannot disclose that information to the public yet, sorry.

​however i can report that they did pulls on the same day with an unleashed tune on the stock and CPE FMIC and these are the results:

​Stock: Begin temp 70F / end temp 180F

CPE: begin temp 72F / end temp 87F and +38hp

That is all we are able to disclose at this time, sorry again

Dyno sheet?

​however i can report that they did pulls on the same day with an unleashed tune on the stock and CPE FMIC and these are the results:

Wow, so just catching up on the thread, what is the cost, is this still a special order.

Great numbers, awesome results :yahoo: . Had no idea that the stock IC was so overwhelmed . I can feel the power loss when things heat up, but 38HP at the wheels! Wow thats a lot. Put me on the list to get one when available :2thumbs: ​ .

So lets combine this with the super restricting cold side pipe and I could easily see a 45whp gain!

• Like 2

So lets combine this with the super restricting cold side pipe and I could easily see a 45whp gain!

Truly amazing, a bolt in kit with hot and cold pipes will sell like hot cakes with numbers like that! And besides the huge HP gains, this is one mod that can actually help with engine life and reliability, especially if you live in a hot climate and drive hard like I do on occasion. I am saving my Ducats now in anticipation.

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 2

Truly amazing, a bolt in kit with hot and cold pipes will sell like hot cakes with numbers like that! And besides the huge HP gains, this is one mod that can actually help with engine life and reliability, especially if you live in a hot climate and drive hard like I do on occasion. I am saving my Ducats now in anticipation.

Sadly no hotside pipes, just coldside. from what I can see the hot side seems to be okay. these two mods will greatly help longevity, keeping those intake temps down is key!

• Like 2

When are you guys going to run this intercooler on an Edge to see how bad the stock intercooler is vs. CPE?

I think they did, or at least thats what it sounds like in this post:

When are you guys going to run this intercooler on an Edge to see how bad the stock intercooler is vs. CPE?

Correction...

No, we have not tested the CPe IC on the Edge yet due 2 Fusion tests R still N process.

Hopefully Edge testing will start some time N March.

BTW, we will peruse hi flow down pipes soon after we develop the modified plug & play Turbos which will follow the CPe Edge IC fitment & testing.

"Patience, MY ASS I'm gonna kill something!"

• Like 2

Correction...

No, we have not tested the CPe IC on the Edge yet due 2 Fusion tests R still N process.

Hopefully Edge testing will start some time N March.

BTW, we will peruse hi flow down pipes soon after we develop the modified plug & play Turbos which will follow the CPe Edge IC fitment & testing.

"Patience, MY ASS I'm gonna kill something!"

Gains on the DP for this platform are BIG, but so is the fabrication work, so I expect that to be around $1k-$1.3k.

You figure with E30, DP, Intercooler you are looking at a Mid 12 SUV. Pretty impressive.

• Like 1

Unknown exactly, however our rep at CP-e said ours is a fair bit smaller.

Just got the measurements on the core -

Approx 25.75'' Long / 2.5'' Wide / 6'' High

Comparing to the stock Edge -

Approx 25.875'' Long / 2.5'' Wide / 6 1/8'' High

I think it is most likely the same core.

• Like 1

Just got the measurements on the core -

Approx 25.75'' Long / 2.5'' Wide / 6'' High

Comparing to the stock Edge -

Approx 25.875'' Long / 2.5'' Wide / 6 1/8'' High

See this is why I like the community, correct me when I am wrong :-) thanks for digging into it GT500R!

Edited by Special_K
  • Like 2

I agree, I just looked up the part numbers.
The Edge IC is F2G2 -6K775-A
The Fusion is G3G7- 6K775-A

Both are 6K775-A intercoolers. They have the same dimensions and I believe they are the same IC. Identical but for the prefix.

mos

I agree, I just looked up the part numbers.
The Edge IC is F2G2 -6K775-A
The Fusion is G3G7- 6K775-A

Both are 6K775-A intercoolers. They have the same dimensions and I believe they are the same IC. Identical but for the prefix.

most likely the biggest difference is the end tank, ours is a single inlet, fusion is dual inlet. Small hurdle, but it will work.

Btw if you guys didn't see it, check out the post I made in the turbo thread, exciting news!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...