LED Switchback Turn Signal Install

Good find. I think the switchbacks that I have are 6,000k. I love that I have the type 1 version. When the turn signal is applied on Type 1, the LEDs alternate between white and amber. With Type 2, the switchbacks only display amber flashing LEDs and then go back to white when the signal is turned off. Thats the only reason I'm not going to get these 5,000k. Although they would compliment my 5,000k HIDs a little better.

• Like 1

Plan on doing this! I prefer the Type 2, I think it'd be easier to distinguish from amber and nothing during a turn.

Also, since I don't have the car yet, can someone lay out how the light combinations work? What light modes are there, and which ones are turned on when a certain option is selected?

Cellbine: Then, I will go that direction based on the picture.

PrinzII, When I go back and look at the pic I posted, I have to tell you that the camera fills a lot of space in with the light. The bulbs light pattern does not fill in the turn signal housing like it shows in the picture. You can get a better representation of how the look by watching the second video I posted on day and nighttime driving located on the first page of this thread.

Here: http://www.fordedgef...all/#entry77908

That being said, the LED color isn't an exact match with the HIDs, but I think the slight difference in color actually helps distinguish the turn signal a little bit more. Go with which ever color you gut feels is the right one to get. I just want you to make the best decision for your Edge.

Plan on doing this! I prefer the Type 2, I think it'd be easier to distinguish from amber and nothing during a turn.

Also, since I don't have the car yet, can someone lay out how the light combinations work? What light modes are there, and which ones are turned on when a certain option is selected?

Sure Skillz, here is the break down and I hope this answers your questions. Ill first tackle how the switchback works.

Short and simple, when your parking/headlights are on there is a constant current sent to your turn signals. This current is what tells the LEDs to display white. They will continue to display this color until you hit the turn signal or hazard lights. At that point in time, and additional current is sent to the LEDs which tell it to flash amber. Once the turn is complete, you turn off the turn signal, or turn the hazards off, the LEDs go back to displaying a constant whtie.

Second, there are two types, from the site I got mine from, that are available. Here is what I posted earlier on the subject:

When the turn signal is applied on Type 1, the LEDs alternate between white and amber. With Type 2, the switchbacks only display amber flashing LEDs and then go back to white when the signal is turned off.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a cheap set I purchased on E-bay and they are really bad. One of them stays orange with the parking lights on and blinks white!!!! They also cause the fast blink and the white leds do not shut off when the orange ones blink. Only out 8 bucks so not a big deal but just wanted to let everyone know that the cheap e-bay switchbacks are garbage.

I also just received a set from Ebay - I'll let you know how they work out

Please do Shantz. The ones I got were just under 9 bucks and they were cool enough to refund my Paypal because of the defective one. They didn't even ask me to send them back. Very curious to hear how yours work out.