Adding a push button start with key fob?

To clear it up a bit. I just wanted to add the push button start and I fiqured it came with the key fobs. I also have a mustang and I know with that aftermarket push button start you still have to turn the key to the on position and then push the button to start it. I dont want that. Im thinking the answer is it would be very costly because I would have to replace the ignition system. Oh well guess I have to live with a key...

To clear it up a bit. I just wanted to add the push button start and I fiqured it came with the key fobs. I also have a mustang and I know with that aftermarket push button start you still have to turn the key to the on position and then push the button to start it. I dont want that. Im thinking the answer is it would be very costly because I would have to replace the ignition system. Oh well guess I have to live with a key...

Ā 

Well you certainly fooled me. It would be very costly and difficult to replace the ignition key with the push button. It's a lot easier to just add a push button for the starter but then you still have to put in the key.

• 2 weeks later...

This brings up another question - why is it that Ford offers push-button start on the SEL in Canada but not in the US? When I started looking at the Edge last year I really loved the Mediterranean Blue color, but the fact that it wasn't available in Limited and you couldn't add push-button start on the SEL made it a deal breaker.

This brings up another question - why is it that Ford offers push-button start on the SEL in Canada but not in the US? When I started looking at the Edge last year I really loved the Mediterranean Blue color, but the fact that it wasn't available in Limited and you couldn't add push-button start on the SEL made it a deal breaker.

Ā 

Because it's a different market. Canada usually gets cloth seats as an option on higher end models also. Ford offers the options that most buyers want in each market. Or what they think they can sell the best.

• 1 year later...