Highest Mileage

autom8r

Just turned 111k. Spark plug replacement at 101k. Radiator fan control module is acting up now. Radiator fan in high all the time. Replacing the module is easy, replacing the entire fan assembly will be an adventure.

Everything else is operating at specification [or so it seems...]

The whole fan is crazy easy to replace..... seriously maybe 15 mins doing it the slow way with hand tools, lol. And don't drain the coolant like the manual tells you to, don't need to.... bungee cord the wiring harness and upper rad hose back out of the way, take the little bracket off the drivers side that the bolt for the airbox goes into (take airbox out too, of course), and you've got plenty of room, fan will pull right out no problem ;)

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Just thought I would keep this going, I was curious how many miles people had on their edge so I joined the forums. I currently have an 07 SEL AWD, with 282,808miles and still going strong! Knock on wood! Bought it in 3/09 with 36,000 miles on it. Just bought my 4th set of tires, just had to replace my brake booster last week, lower control arm on front right 3 weeks ago, and over the last 4 years, just a battery, brakes, speed sensor, 1 wheel bearing and hub, and oil changes. Still on factory spark plugs, and still getting 23mpg, did have some tranny slipping earlier this spring,I added some lucas tranny fix, it continued to slip for 15,000 miles and has been fine ever since.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's an old topic but we have 180k on our 07 SEL plus that we bought in 2011 with 150k. WeWe are second owners and the prior owner had all of the work performed at the dealer we purchased it from so the records are great otherwise we would not have bought it. I've put front pads on it and and just replaced the battery. it needs new tires and developed a torque converter shutter shortly after we bought it, otherwise no problems until last week. My wife was driving it home and experienced all the symptoms others have described associated with a P0720 output shaft speed sensor malfunction. So I've been looking to see how many miles owners have reached before needing their trans worked on or remanufactured? I say remanufactured because of the miles we have and plan on puting on it. The only things we have done is a steeds strutt tower brace, ss front brake lines, and 3M 30% ceramic all around and crystalline 70% on the windshield and vista roof.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would keep this going, I was curious how many miles people had on their edge so I joined the forums. I currently have an 07 SEL AWD, with 282,808miles and still going strong! Knock on wood! Bought it in 3/09 with 36,000 miles on it. Just bought my 4th set of tires, just had to replace my brake booster last week, lower control arm on front right 3 weeks ago, and over the last 4 years, just a battery, brakes, speed sensor, 1 wheel bearing and hub, and oil changes. Still on factory spark plugs, and still getting 23mpg, did have some tranny slipping earlier this spring,I added some lucas tranny fix, it continued to slip for 15,000 miles and has been fine ever since.

Glad to hear another person is in the 200k area. You have a year head start on me, but I think I can get to the 280's by next christmas. I plan on making this Edge go for as long as I can barring Tranny Failure or Engine failure. The rest can usually be repaired economically enough and better than buying a new car.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have an 2008 ford edge with 126,000 miles on it. Had a transmission lock out at 125.5k miles, just pulled PCM fuse to basically reset it. works fine now. Still original battery. 5th set of tires though. I have continentals on there now. Been on since 68k and still have like 75% tread left. Had a coolant leak at 120k this was a clamp that rusted out. Have a bad valve or lifter tick right now. stll runs and drives great though. On the original brakes as well. (90% of my driving is highway)

I have a K&N intake on it now and Magnaflow Cat-Back exhaust.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just let me or fifthranger know where the keys are and we can take turns with it for ya!!! LOL

You guys make me feel like I am neglecting my Edge! I'm still struggling to breach the 8,000 mile mark on mine after nearly two years of ownership.

Someone could probably steal the thing out of our garage and it could take me a week or more to realize it!

• 3 months later...

I bought my 2007 Edge SEL FWD from a private seller in '09 with 10k miles - black with black leather and panoramic roof, Nav and (stock Pioneer?)stereo with sub. I have 94k on it now with no major problems, in fact my wife and I agree that it's the best car we've ever owned. The brakes were not the greatest when we got it, low pedal, long stops times but I took in to Ford under warranty and they bled the system and it was better. Also on the brakes, I replaced the original with EBC green pads (new front rotors) and was very disappointed. They were dirty and responsiveness was mediocre. At 75k I repalced them with Hawk pads all around, new rotors in back, cut original front rotors. What a difference! Not a lot of dust and great stopping feel. Every couple years I clean the roof tracks and re grease them, and dont park under a tree with the roof open. Rear bulbs go every couple years, mositure gets in there. Replaced rear hatch struts at 80k when it sagged and I hit my head! about $60. Funny how you push the negatives out of your mind, but I developed a tranny leak in the cooler on the radiator and didn't have time to do it myself so that was $600. Repalced Tires at 90K with 4 Continental Eco plus 20 245/60R18 and I am really enjoying the ride and quiet. I use Motorcraft semi synthetic every 6000k mostly highway driving. Tranny clunks a little but seems better since I had fluid replaced when cooler was replaced. Great Road trip car, NY to Bar Harbor,ME and Wisconsin through UP of Michigan. I saw that in Consumer Reports the 2007 has had better reliability than the newer models so I guess I got lucky.

• Like 3