Highest Mileage

autom8r

As the original owner, my '07 has just over 94k; put about 44k on it the first 3 years and then the next 50k of those were put on in the last 2 years (that's when I started a longer commute for a new job). No mechanical issues at all. I've had the occasional hard tranny shift, but never had it flashed. It's FWD so no AWD PTU issues. The rear spoiler was replaced under warranty due to the sagging gasket (it started sagging again after the warranty was out...I just pulled it off this time..) I had a rattle fixed that was related to the BAMR and headliner (I think there was a TSB or something but it was under warranty then as well).

Ā 

I did replace the battery around that 44k mark, brake pads at about 85k and I'm about to put on another set of tires (OEs then Toyo OC HT then the now Toyo Versado CUVs, and going back to the OC HTs). Yes, I eat tires for breakfast...

Ā 

It's been a great ride and I hope it stays that way for several more years!

Edited by carbonedge+

My previous Edge: http://www.autofind.com/dealer/details/160430.passenger/2FMDK36C88BA38242/

Ā 

carbonedge: I changed my stock Hankooks for H rated Goodyear Assurance FuelMax tires at 45K. Also changed brake pads twice (Had to get rid of the EBC pads I had), flushed Trans fluid at 80k and coolant at 90k.

Ā 

Bear in mind, I do live in PHX where it does get hotter than hell itself.

I've had my Limited AWD, new since 2008 and ran the first 3 years in Canada and the past year in Finland, total 72k (km) (temperature range +30.C to -40.C). In Canada it would be warmer in the summer and for longer :yup: than Finland but here in Finland, no salt used in winter :cold:

Ā 

Basic service around twice per year (prior to winter and end of winter, aprox 8 to 10k)

Ā 

2010 - Changed the front pads and rotors (52k)

2011 - Changed battery, tested OK but gave up one time so changed before it went a second time.

2012 - Changed spark pugs during general service and rear brake pads (72k) inspected front pads which had about 8mm remaining

2012 - Body work repair on left rear fender as paint bubbled 4 inch section of tire arch due to paint peel from inside wheel well, bloody salt!

Ā 

Thinking to do the trans oil soon but its still a nice red colour, never pulled any trailers even though I have the trailer package. Maybe this helps keep the trans oil cool and last longer?

• 6 months later...

I know this is an older topic, but figured I'd chime in too. My '07 SEL FWD is about to turn 100k here soon.... at 99,700 something now. Now given I haven't had it that long, I just bought it beginning of November with 97k, I work as a Ford dealer tech, and I bought it from the dealer that I work at, so I can run any history on it that was done at our dealer, as well as the OASIS report to see the full warranty history. According to that, the only warranty repair it's ever had was in July '09 at 34k miles.... burnt out turn signal bulb, hahah. I still have to make an RO on it sometime and see if it's had anything else done at our shop since the warranty ran out. It was obviously well cared for as it was like brand new condition inside and out, and runs and drives like brand new, smooth and quiet as can be, no rattles or other noises whatsoever, trans shifts beautifully, and everything is dry as a bone underneath with no leaks whatsoever. And not a spec of rust anywhere either (love NC for no rust!). Looks like it's had brakes done front and rear, and a battery... nothing else that I can tell. I've only had it a short while but have had zero mechanical issues, just done some maintenance stuff just so I know where everything is at.... flushed brake fluid, flushed P/S fluid, changed cabin air filter (naaasssty), changed trans fluid (drain & fill several times.... will now do every 5k miles at every oil change), and put some new NGK plugs in last week (had originals in it), balanced tires, cleaned and lubed the vista roof tracks and weather strip, lubed all door weatherstrips and door latches, lubed rubber hood stops and latch. Gonna do an oil change here at 100k and switch to Mobil 1, and prob flush the coolant as well. I reflashed the PCM to the latest calibration when I bought it, no problems just wanted to get it to the latest updates. The drivers heated seat doesn't work (needs the heater element) and right rear speaker is kinda distorted, that's the only things wrong with it and it was that way when I bought it, which I knew about (used it to get the price down a lil bit, lol)..... gonna replace the speakers with a set of aftermarkets anyways so that was no big deal. I'll pick up a new seat heater here one of these days... it's not super cold here in NC so it's not that big of a deal to me anyways.

Ā 

Still looks, runs, and drives like brand new.... I plan to keep it for a good long while, so I'll update if I have any probs out of it (for reference, my 2 other vehicles have 251k miles [sportbike... '04 Honda CBR 600 F4i] and 434k ['89 Honda Accord], both still run beautifully.... so I keep stuff for awhile, lol)

Ā 

So far though.... I love this thing! As she sits right now....

Ā 

6B2A6FDB-B5D7-4852-A61C-66DF54E34488-443

Edited by thirdgenlxi
  • Like 1

Thirdgenlxi, Are you able to get these OASIS reports for other edges? I would like to know what mine has been in for. Other than the dealership, is there another way to tell if the software is up to date? Congratulations on your new 'whip'!

Ā 

Yup.... I can run any Ford/Lincoln/Mercury VIN as long as it's within the last 10 years. Either post or shoot me a PM with your VIN and I can run it no prob :) And without plugging it up to the IDS there's really no way of telling if it's been updated or not or if a new one is available

• Like 1

changed trans fluid (drain & fill several times.... will now do every 5k miles at every oil change

Ā 

I am also a believer in changing the oil and filter every 5000 miles, but are you really planning on doing the trans fluid every 5000 miles also? Sounds like serious overkill to me. i plan on every 30000 miles on my 2013 Edge. My 2003 F150 I did at 100000 miles, and it was still shifting like new when I traded it in with 180000 miles.

changed trans fluid (drain & fill several times.... will now do every 5k miles at every oil change

Ā 

I am also a believer in changing the oil and filter every 5000 miles, but are you really planning on doing the trans fluid every 5000 miles also? Sounds like serious overkill to me. i plan on every 30000 miles on my 2013 Edge. My 2003 F150 I did at 100000 miles, and it was still shifting like new when I traded it in with 180000 miles.

Ā 

I'm not gonna do it 3 times like the manual states to do (drain, refill, run for 3 mins, repeat 2 more times), just drain and refill once each time. It's exactly 5 quarts that drains out, so ~$20 for fluid.... overkill it may be, but I like keeping my fluids good and clean at all times, especially trans. I'm really not a fan of auto transmissions at all anyways, so I def don't want any problems out of it. Kinda one of those "rather be safe than sorry" kind of things, lol. We'll see once I get it good and clean I may end up going to every other oil change, we'll see. But the fluid I drained out the last time was fairly brown, so I want to be sure and get all that out of there. I tend to keep my stuff for a long time (see siggy), so I tend to maintain the crap out of it. And I never have any problems out of my other stuff (and combined they total almost 687k miles between the two)

Edited by thirdgenlxi

thirdgenlxi: Your OASIS offer is extremely generous and kind!

Ā 

I once ran a Google search of an Edge VIN and found a free updated Car Fax report that was posted to the Web by a used car lot that had earlier offered the Edge for sale.

Ā 

The report listed Dealer Warranty Service actions, as well as Car Fax's other categories of information.

Ā 

A simple Google search of the VIN may reveal some of a vehicle's history.

Ā 

Good luck!

I've had the car for about 5000 miles, second owner. It's been sideswiped, but other than going in for alignment, dent repair, and painting after the wreck, the carfax revealed nothing. At 74k, I've seen TMPS light come on and off as it wishes. Not a huge deal to me. I upgraded the battery shortly after I got it when I put in the sub stage.

• 2 months later...

Well I've put about 6000 miles on mine now since I bought it, up to just over 103k and haven't had a single issue whatsoever.... running and driving like brand new :) I've taken it on a couple little trips here and there (nothing major, couple hundred miles each) and I'm getting about 23 MPG on the highway ~72-75 MPH or so, not too bad I don't believe for being here in the mountains where it's constant up and down, up and down

Ā 

I did do the cooling system corrosion recall.... flushed it out real good, replaced the water pump inlet tube, and converted to the specialty green coolant. Wasn't having any trouble with the heat at all, I just wanted to do it before it got to that point of being a problem, as it would make it that much harder to flush out. More a preventative thing more than anything..... and I needed a coolant flush anyways, so not only got one for free, but got paid to do it too, hahah.... WIN!!

Ā 

Still very happy with my purchase....

Ā 

493F9CD7-0425-4E21-A388-BA73E369981D-641

Ā 

Ā 

And Piggy likes it too, just a little higher than she can jump up into, so she gets the front up then waits for me to help with the rear, haha (she had hip surgery back in late 2011 and currently only has 1 conventional physical hip joint, the other is a false joint where the bone is fused directly to the muscle tissue and the ball & socket joint completely removed). Taken tonight on our way to obedience class...

Ā 

476BE648-1A39-4429-82FC-9735D025F588-641

Jared, would you mind posting up that cooling system corrosion TSB/recall? I looked up owner.ford.com for recalls for my 07 and don't see anything listed there. Does that mean the recall work was completed?

Ā 

EDIT: Nevermind about the TSB/recall info, I found it on your post here http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/4264-heater-core-corrosion-letter/page-4

Ā 

Still would like to figure out about whether the recall to see at least if the water pump inlet tube has been replaced :)

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Jared, would you mind posting up that cooling system corrosion TSB/recall? I looked up owner.ford.com for recalls for my 07 and don't see anything listed there. Does that mean the recall work was completed?

Ā 

EDIT: Nevermind about the TSB/recall info, I found it on your post here http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/4264-heater-core-corrosion-letter/page-4

Ā 

Still would like to figure out about whether the recall to see at least if the water pump inlet tube has been replaced :)

Ā 

Yea man... shoot me your VIN and I can tell ya right quick

Approaching 60,000 on my 2011 SEL the only real issue I've had is the drivers door ajar warning that I reported few official complaints about.(See my other posts)

Ā 

Got it at 28K in Feb 12 and the dealer threw a new set of front pads. Other than that its just been oil changes and tire rotations. I have to say I'm extremely surprised that the original Michelins are still safe at 57,XXX miles (well for another few months).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just turned 111k. Spark plug replacement at 101k. Radiator fan control module is acting up now. Radiator fan in high all the time. Replacing the module is easy, replacing the entire fan assembly will be an adventure.

Ā 

Everything else is operating at specification [or so it seems...]