Bra for your Edge?

Penna Edge

Has anyone thought of putting a bra on your Edge to try and minimize the # dings and paint chips on the front end? From past experience, the heavier leather bras tend to make the paint fade if you don't take them off and dry them periodically.

I'm seeing some clear bras on EBay for ~$25 that I may try out...just wondered if anyone has been there/done that. Thanks

I have no idea about the stuff they are selling on E-bay, but I can only guess it's not worth buying.

I was qouted $500.00 to get a clear bra put on the front of my Mustang.

Now that does cover the enitre front and about the first third of the hood.

I'm a believer in you get what you pay for, so if you want to protect your Edge get a good one professionally installed.

I almost forgot, all of my vehicles have been girls, riding around in a dude would make me feel funny. :finger:

Edited by AK-Kayaker

Bras just scream 80's. Besides, Bras can actually cause more damage than they prevent. If water gets under the bra and sits, it can cause the clearcoat to cloud. Also, fine grains of sand and dust get beneath the bra a rub fine scratches into the paint after time. Rock chips are gonna happen. It the cost of driving on the road.

I have no idea about the stuff they are selling on E-bay, but I can only guess it's not worth buying.

I'm a believer in you get what you pay for, so if you want to protect your Edge get a good one professionally installed.

I almost forgot, all of my vehicles have been girls, riding around in a dude would make me feel funny. :finger:

OW OW OW OW

....the visual....

A real pain to clean them. Bugs stick like glue. In time the paint will fade and not match what the bra covered when removed. Don't use these magnet stickers either or same thing will happen. What about a hood deflector to keep the bugs and small rocks off the windshield? Dings are inevitable. Buy touch up paint and use very thin coats.

Get the bra when the headlights start to sag below the grill.

3M Paint Protection System

Us county folk that live over yonder in dem der hills, AKA BFE, we still call it wax.

Edited by rehtaf

• 3 weeks later...
A real pain to clean them. Bugs stick like glue. In time the paint will fade and not match what the bra covered when removed. Don't use these magnet stickers either or same thing will happen. What about a hood deflector to keep the bugs and small rocks off the windshield? Dings are inevitable. Buy touch up paint and use very thin coats.

Get the bra when the headlights start to sag below the grill.

Us county folk that live over yonder in dem der hills, AKA BFE, we still call it wax.

WAX ON WAX OFF! DO THE DANCE ITS MUCH BETTER AND HELPS WITH THE BUFFING :shades:

Where I had my windows tinted, they also did the clear 3M Paint Protection System which covers the entire painted front end, the leading edges of the frt fenders, 12''-18'' of the hood (your choice) and both side view mirrors for a total of $600.00.

$600 WOW!! I think you got ripped off..... I bought my clear 3M coat protector on eBay for $40.00 got it fitted by a guy that does window tinting, and it looks great....or should I say, you can't even see it on. The whole "story" cost me $60 for fenders, hood, mirrors, leading edges the works, not $600.

$600 WOW!! I think you got ripped off..... I bought my clear 3M coat protector on eBay for $40.00 got it fitted by a guy that does window tinting, and it looks great....or should I say, you can't even see it on. The whole "story" cost me $60 for fenders, hood, mirrors, leading edges the works, not $600.

you misunderstood me......I didn't get it done!

• 4 weeks later...

hahahaha riding in a dude :banghead: