Plasti Dip my Grille

cjd3

I am waiting to make a video on removing the bumper until my new headlights get here. So might be another month before I make one. But do a search for bumper or removing front bumper...something like that in the forums. There is a lot of information here.

I think it's time we had a HOW TO/STICKY section so this type of info is easy to find. I'd start a HOW TO thread, then add posts with links to each HOW TO topic, along with a short blurb on the contents/subject of the HOW TO. That would bring this kind of information under one roof.

I think we tried that with the LEDs no?

Maybe Akirby can get a how-to specific forum started? Not sure if "disclaimers" are required, but perhaps a "mod at your own risk" forum could be helpful.

You've got my vote...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Great thread. I just went on a whim and bought 2 black cans tonight. Ended up doing all my back badges and leaving the ford emblem as is. Super Happy with how things turned out, also sprayed my chrome edged plate holder to pull in all the matte black. Thinking of wheels but I know that they can get dirty quick... Was thinking of a stripe as well. Black on silver may be a bit much thinking of trying the gun metal gray color. offset just like Cellbine, we shall see, Cellbine have you redone yours since first application? debating grill but don't have time to take it off, and from what I hear masking it is a pain in the :runaway:

Cellbine have you redone yours since first application? debating grill but don't have time to take it off, and from what I hear masking it is a pain in the :runaway:

I have not redone my wheels or my grill. I did hit a few holidays on my grill and need to do my wheels too. I just ran out of PD, that's why I didn't get total coverage. Grill looks just like the day I dipped it. The wheels have some brake dust on the, but better on the PD then on the chrome.

The masking can be a pain, but the more you put into prep work the better your end result will be. It can be a pain to take the inserts out if you decide to take the grill off. I like the total coverage I got on the inserts when I took mine out though. Whichever way you decide to accomplish the task, you will be pleased with the results. Good luck and post some pics!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It held up for a couple weeks. I eventually took it off because one corner started to roll back. I did work well though. I now just roll around with no case or cover. I like the phone a lot and love it in it's natural form. The plastic back is scratched up a bit, but I don't think that will be expensive to replace. So I don't really care what happens to it.