Fog Lights anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

mtbalser,

One of the definitive criteria I am looking at for my driving/fog lights is that they are HID. As previously stated, driving in AZ presents its own set of challenges.

a) I-17 from Camp Verde to Flagstaff: Pitch black, mountainous, and no guard rails at some points. It does snow at higher altitudes.

B) AZ 87 from Chandler to Coolidge: Pitch black....period

c) I-10 between Casa Grande and Tucson: Pitch black....period

d) Severe thunderstorms during monsoon season sometimes preceeded by....

e) Dust Storms sometimes like the one from this July pictured below...

600036_3947296913956_1242929093_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! That's one way to prep your car for paint ...

Do they make clear full body wraps similar to those stick-on invisible bras? If not, I would estimate hav ing to buy about 50 bras to cover an entire Edge. That would keep the paint from wearing off in sand storms.

• 2 months later...

Tecknoguy, I did not remove the grill, I just cut out (with dremel tool) the grill were needed to place the fogs. If you do a search there are directions available on how to remove the grill and bumber. Not a big job from what I've read.

Hope this helps, if not let me know.

I drive 1200Km over the Rocky Mountains every month. I prefer to drive all night and deal with professional truck drivers with deadlines to keep and not during the day when all the looky loos are out enjoying the views instead of whats ahead of them on the road. iI find the projection headlight pattern to be inadequate at best. I too have tried to find an aftermarket light that would not take away from the stock look of the sport. I choose the http://www.rigidindustries.com/v/rigidcatalog/obj/pageflipdata/pages/print/SR-Series20inch.pdf

post-25938-0-21392600-1362585210_thumb.pngpost-25938-0-15425400-1362585750_thumb.jpegpost-25938-0-42151400-1362585765_thumb.jpeg

***As soon as I can figure out how to take a night shot that works I'll repost them***

Edited by 2Close2TheEdge

Those look sick.

I think I'd get pulled over driving around with that in New York tho =( haha

In PA, I'm fairly sure that you can only have 'two' active light sources. So with headlights and 'fogs' (not really fogs), the 'lightbar' would make 'three'. A ticket might be issued. Also, I don't think a center mounted light is allowed. :-(

I drive 1200Km over the Rocky Mountains every month. I prefer to drive all night and deal with professional truck drivers with deadlines to keep and not during the day when all the looky loos are out enjoying the views instead of whats ahead of them on the road. iI find the projection headlight pattern to be inadequate at best. I too have tried to find an aftermarket light that would not take away from the stock look of the sport. I choose the http://www.rigidindustries.com/v/rigidcatalog/obj/pageflipdata/pages/print/SR-Series20inch.pdf

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-03-06 at 8.04.07 AM.png

attachicon.gifRigid led light bar1.pngattachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage2.jpeg

***As soon as I can figure out how to take a night shot that works I'll repost them***

When I went to the NHRA event in Phoenix, I found an off-road shop that would install something similar. I am planning to check that out.