6 months with my HIDs

2011 SEL. Back in July I installed a set of DDM 35/5000 HIDs. I built a custom harness and waterproofed everything. I drive a ton on rural roads at night and have been thrilled to death with their performance and durability. They really are an awesome lighting upgrade for the 2011 and up Edges. They are so inexpensive that I'm gonna go ahead and order another 35/5000 DDM kit just incase they ever bite the dust.

I've installed lots of auxillary lighting in many trucks over my many years of life. One thing I've learned is that the wiring is the most important part of having a trouble free and durable aftermarket lighting setup. I've also read many horror stories over on Hidplanet about trying to get away with using factory wiring or cheap harnesses with HID kits. Our Edges factory wiring seems to work just fine with 35 watt kits but could be getting damaged over time. The reason I built my own harness was I wanted 14 gauge wires cut to the proper length along with a waterproof fuse and relay. Could be overkill but it's easy to do and durability was my number one concern. Sorry, I didn't take an pics during the install and everything is out of sight now.

I know lots of others on here have been using HIDs a lot longer then me. How's everyone else's holding up these days?????

• 4 weeks later...

Im ru

Noob question here... you guys use the 9006 or 9005 kits? any additional harness? I've read a bit on here about flickering and what not

9006 55w kit and no harness here for about a year. No problems. Only thing i did change was the bulb. The 5000k bulb I had were a bit too blue for my liking. I now have morimotos 5000k bulbs. Best investment yet my .02 cents.