Trans fluid change 2011 AWD?

fxcarden

Hey guys, I have a 2011 AWD with 32k miles. I was trying to find out if I need a trans fluid change now ?.

Most of my driving is of the normal variety. I have never towed anything, nor do I expect to. I do sit in bumper-to-bumper traffic quite a bit.

Looked in the manual, could not (maybe I missed it) find anything specific to AWD intervals.

Thanks!

There should be a section in the back of the manual, for recomended serving. I've always had trans fluid/filter changed every 60,000 miles on my previous cars (Explorers). Sold my first Explorer ( a 1995 ) to friends for their daughter with 150K on it, she kept it for another 7 years, had well over 200,000K on it, with original engine/trans, etc. Just follow recomendations in the manual.

• 1 month later...

Rolling along at just 50K on my 2011 LTD. The owner of the shop I use is a veteran of Ford. He thinks it is wise to swap fluid before schedule shown in the book on these transmissions. I will do so here next month at my 24th month with this vehicle along with coolant. It was explained to me that the OEM MerconLX fluid is the best choice. I remember LX but somebody help me with this please.

• 4 months later...

I just had my oil changed at a local Ford dealer and it was recommended that I have the transmission fluid changed every 25-30,000 miles. I've got 28,000 on my vehicle now. The service department wants $270.00, which would include "performance fluid" and they would flush the system of all impurities. I could do this at home, except for flushing the system of all impurities. And what do you suppose they are using for performance fluid?