"NEW" DRL's for 2011-2013 edge ?

I know Kc300 makes these lights and I long ago thought about buying a set of them, but I had always hoped that those lights could double as turn signals, but that was

never an option.

So recently while perusing Ebay I ran across these.... Does anyone have further information on these lights ?? or have any experience with them ??

Thanks all....

I am wondering about the brightness of these units, it says 10w 70-90LM and I am not sure how that compares to the Phillips ones.

http://www.ebay.com/...d2dc44c&vxp=mtr

EBAY AUCTION... FOR DRL LIGHTS

post-24361-0-43228400-1354067515_thumb.jpg

Hi guys. I saw these recently as well. Do me a favor (and yourself) and hold off on buying these. I will have a manufactured retail unit available very soon that will out perform and looks much better than this light. As most of you know, I am very big on retaining the OEM look of my lights. My new one is as close to OEM as I could get. I am hoping to have samples completed in the next week to 10 days that are made from the actual production tooling. We may need to make changes, so I don't want to post any photos right now.

Here are a few details about the light that I'm prepared to go public with. Unlike the ebay unit you mentioned above, we designed and tooled the light housing and lens to be identical to the current OEM light. The housing and lens on the ebay unit does not appear to be very robust. We figured that the Ford design has been proven on the road for a couple of years now, so why screw with a totally new design.

The layout of the light is very close to my OFFSET light pipe option and includes a switchback function using the offset light pipe as an amber colored turn indicator. Not very impressed with how the ebay light looks when it isn't powered on. The light looks pretty much like a bare circuit board with 10 LEDs mounted to it and with them mounted so close to the lens, it is especially noticeable. The only thing that looks OEM about it is that the clear lens is shaped to fit in the bumper opening.

By the way, I'm getting ready to launch two other car specific DRLs. One is for another Ford model and the other a Chevrolet. Not ready to talk about these yet though. I have 4 other concept designs that I'm hoping to finalize soon. These won't be ready until final drawings are completed, prototypes made and production tooling finished, so at least 10 to 14 weeks.

As I mentioned, if you can hold off for a bit, I'm certain you will be glad you did. It has been really hard not being able to tell my FordedgeForum brothers and sisters about my new light. I have been biting my tongue for quite a while now, but Robb's post forced me out of the closet sooner than I wanted. I'm just glad that I am so close to getting these on the street. Would have hated to miss out on the sales this light would have gotten. I'll let you know when I can release the photos and specs for my new light.

Edited by kc300c

Im pretty sur KC has already prototyped these out but ultimately decided not to go with them. They are most likely not as bright as DTBL's version. You will be sacrificing brightness for the functionality of the "switchback" effect. Im on my phone right now, but I think it stated 70-90L (correct me if Im wrong). DTBLs put out over 400L each. You will be much more satisfied if you go with DTBLs than with these and you get service and quickly. These are also coming from China, so consider the time involved in shipping these as well.

As one of the first adopters (well, Cellbine might have snuck his order in first) I have not been happier.

I doubt I got them before you lol. I was probably first 6 or so. I am sporting about 90% of the mods and walkthroughs KC has given the forums. They are just so dang practical and, well, awesome. I love love love my rear puddle lights.

wow - I hadn't checked this forum in a couple of days... and 10 replies, nice.

I had spoke with Dan S. on this about a month or so ago, but he had stated it was well over $1000.00 to incorporate a amber turn into the accent lighting. So thats why I was reluctant to pull the trigger back then.

Then i saw these and they looked very nice, and for the money...dirt cheap. I would love an option from Dan but I also can't justify dumping 500.00 - 600.00 plus in 2 lights just to get the turn signal incorporated.

So are we saying the 70-90L per led is dim ?? are Dan's 440L per LED, or in total ??

I may wait - as I do love the DTBL lights... but I am anxious for the Amber... And I would like the Amber LED switchback's blinker rather than just an amber (1) led light pipe.

We will see.....

Ok, I finally was able to look at the website from my computer and I pulled this from the Ebay link:

-LED Qty: Ultra Bright LED

-POWER:10w

-Intensity: High Intensity 70-90LM Light Source

-Color: White 6000-6700k

-Package Weigh: 1.2KG

70-90L light source could me two things.

1) Total output is 90L for each side.

2) Total output is 90L for each LED.

Either way its not very specific. My opinion is that the lights probably will not put out as much light as it looks like in the pictures. Cameras can do wonders these days. The final product looks like it could have used some more work. The pictures they have of the product installed in an Edge don't look that great. They had to take the pictures with the lights facing the dark and they weren't that bright. These lights will probably only look decent at night time. KC's lights look great all the time.

I am totally stoked about the new lights KC is coming out with. Hope to be first in line ordering them!

Hey guys look again at the pics from the auction. Specifically the headlights of the test vehical (be sure to scroll down to the last 2 pics), Im liking the clear side corners (where we currently have orange reflector).

Anyone know where to get those? Also if its available for the sport models, as the sport model headlights are smoked.

Only bad side is it looks like the entire headlight unit needs to be replaced so it may get costly.

Here is the link to the auction:

http://www.ebay.com/...d=p5197.c0.m619

Edited by Naverino

• 2 months later...
I know Kc300 makes these lights and I long ago thought about buying a set of them, but I had always hoped that those lights could double as turn signals, but that wasnever an option.So recently while perusing Ebay I ran across these.... Does anyone have further information on these lights ?? or have any experience with them ??Thanks all....I am wondering about the brightness of these units, it says 10w 70-90LM and I am not sure how that compares to the Phillips ones.http://www.ebay.com/...d2dc44c&vxp=mtrEBAY AUCTION... FOR DRL LIGHTS

If anyone is interested in these the seller contacted me and said he'd do a group buy for $99/pair if we got together at least 10 people. I guess PM me if you'd be interested.

Hey guys look again at the pics from the auction. Specifically the headlights of the test vehical (be sure to scroll down to the last 2 pics), Im liking the clear side corners (where we currently have orange reflector).

Anyone know where to get those? Also if its available for the sport models, as the sport model headlights are smoked.

Only bad side is it looks like the entire headlight unit needs to be replaced so it may get costly.

Here is the link to the auction:

http://www.ebay.com/...d=p5197.c0.m619

Noticed that too. Looks like they have an amber side marker in the fender since the amber signal isn't in the headlight housing.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, you all keep showing my hand before I place my bet!!!!! First, I had to prematurely acknowledge the existence of my new vertical switchback DRL and now you are coaxing me into telling you that I have an LED taillight in the works. Like the new vertical switchback DRL, it is not a retrofit but a true aftermarket product that is being tooled and manufactured from scratch. We have a working prototype and is being tested on an Edge as we speak. I don't want to post photos yet and I wouldn't do it on this thread any way. I know this is a public forum and you can reply with questions if you like, but I would appreciate it if we keep my new tails hush-hush for now. I am hoping to have the lights finished and ready to ship in April and will start playing them up as the launch date approaches.

Now, back to the thread topic. We are so close to being able to make the official launch. We are still finishing up the wire harnesses and tweaking the amber LEDs. I have been driving around with a set of beta production lights and I am loving them. I'll see if I can get some photos posted here in the next few days. Stay tuned.