HELP WITH THE TRAC CONTROL BUTTON

HI ALL I JUST GOT A NEW 07 EDGE BUILT ON 08 13 07 I GOT IT IN THE SAGE COLOR AND FOR ALL THOSE WHO SAY THERE IS NO GREEN I DO KINDA AGREE BUT THERE ACTULLY IS GREEN IN THE COLOR AND ON A NICE CLOUDY RAINEY DAY LIKE TODAY YOU CAN REALLY SEE IT BUT ANYWAY IM WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME HOW THE TRAC CONTROL BUTTON WORKS WHEN I PRESS IT NOTHING SEEMS TO CHANGS OR LITE UP OR ANYTHING I HAVE A BUTTON THE SAYS TRAC CONTROL OFF BUT IT DOES NOTHING

HI ALL I JUST GOT A NEW 07 EDGE BUILT ON 08 13 07 I GOT IT IN THE SAGE COLOR AND FOR ALL THOSE WHO SAY THERE IS NO GREEN I DO KINDA AGREE BUT THERE ACTULLY IS GREEN IN THE COLOR AND ON A NICE CLOUDY RAINEY DAY LIKE TODAY YOU CAN REALLY SEE IT BUT ANYWAY IM WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME HOW THE TRAC CONTROL BUTTON WORKS WHEN I PRESS IT NOTHING SEEMS TO CHANGS OR LITE UP OR ANYTHING I HAVE A BUTTON THE SAYS TRAC CONTROL OFF BUT IT DOES NOTHING

Hmmm....wonder if that's in the owner's manual....???

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE IT SOMETHING IS TYPED IN ALL CAPS? YOU CAN STILL UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY ARE ASKING. FOR SOME OF US, IT IS A LOT EASIER TO READ CAPITAL LETTERS THAN LOWER CASE LETTERS.

NOT ONE BIT OF DIFFERENCE OF YOU HAVE BI-FOCALS.

Edited by 07 MKX

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE IT SOMETHING IS TYPED IN ALL CAPS? YOU CAN STILL UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY ARE ASKING. FOR SOME OF US, IT IS A LOT EASIER TO READ CAPITAL LETTERS THAN LOWER CASE LETTERS.

It is a long established forum/chat room etiquette, that typing in all caps is like YELLING, so hence it is considered rude. :finger:

• 2 months later...

I had Trac Control on my mustang that had a lot more power then the edge. Trac Control or TRACTION control all it does is takes power from the wheels when they loose traction like if you wheels were spinning on ice. So pretty much its for idiots who dont know to take your foot off the gas when your wheels are spinning and not goin anywhere. I actually hated it on the mustang. It was the first thing i pushed when i turned on my car to turn traction control off. I dont know how much you'd need it in this vehicle. I guess i will find out in the winter.

I had Trac Control on my mustang that had a lot more power then the edge. Trac Control or TRACTION control all it does is takes power from the wheels when they loose traction like if you wheels were spinning on ice. So pretty much its for idiots who dont know to take your foot off the gas when your wheels are spinning and not goin anywhere. I actually hated it on the mustang. It was the first thing i pushed when i turned on my car to turn traction control off. I dont know how much you'd need it in this vehicle. I guess i will find out in the winter.

Wrong. It doesn't just remove power - it does something you can't do: it applies the brakes to ONE spinning wheel which in turn sends power to the other wheel. e.g. if you drop one wheel off into some mud or ice that one wheel will spin and all the torque will be directed to it (without TC). With TC the brake would be applied, shifting the torque to the other wheel allowing you to move again.

Ok lets answer this person's question and try and make them feel welcome. You should not push the Traction Control Button and speeds above ? I don't have the owners manual right in front of me, however this info is in there. Your best bet is to leave it activated and let the Computer do the work for you. It might save you an accident. I know it states in the manual not to activate or deactivate at speeds above ?

My understanding is that it applies the brake to the slipping wheel and transfers the torque to the other wheel or wheels depending on FWD or AWD.

Pretty slick option in my opinion. No pun intended.

Also welcome to the forum and enjoy your new Edge.

SRE

Ok lets answer this person's question and try and make them feel welcome. You should not push the Traction Control Button and speeds above ? I don't have the owners manual right in front of me, however this info is in there. Your best bet is to leave it activated and let the Computer do the work for you. It might save you an accident. I know it states in the manual not to activate or deactivate at speeds above ?

My understanding is that it applies the brake to the slipping wheel and transfers the torque to the other wheel or wheels depending on FWD or AWD.

Pretty slick option in my opinion. No pun intended.

Also welcome to the forum and enjoy your new Edge.

SRE

I agree with the responses above except, I would turn it off if you ever get it stuck. It will prevent wheel spin with it on and sometimes wheelspeed is a good thing if stuck to improve momentum!

We recently had our first significant snow here in Western Canada. I'm actually very suprised how sideways you can get the Edge with traction control on. I've driven a few cars with ESP and this is one of the only ones that will let you get stupid if you so choose with it on. It's not as reactive as I thought it would be but the AWD is sweet in steep climbs and snowy roads!!

...yes, I played with it in a parking lot yesterday! :yup:

And yes, caplock is a no no on forums but some of you need to relax just slightly... :doh:

Edited by blu by u

Since the day I picked up my Edge the Trac light is on, but it says "off" . Should I have that light on? PS. I live in Buffalo, NY (snow)

As tpm mentioned above, the traction control light...

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t92/tpm...tioncontrol.jpg

will only alluminate when the system is off. There isn't an "off" light on the Edge so I'm not really sure what you're looking at?

By defaut, the light should remain off and ONLY come on when you push the button. In a situation where you are stuck is the only reason why I could see you wanting to do this...or maybe just burn some donuts in an empty parking lot... :shift:

Steve