I'm buying a 2013 AWD SEL !

SEL13AWD

I went to the local Ford dealership yesterday to look and test drive a 2011 SEL AWD, just under 24k miles on it, 200A package i guess, and the best they could do on the price was $24,500. I also looked at a 2012 SEL AWD with 30k miles, also the 200A, and it was about $25,300. I started to think about buying new, and had them price a 2013 SEL AWD 200A with the X-Plan pricing and a $750 Private Cash coupon and all the available cash incentives, and that came in at $28,100. So I said get me one in the Deep Impact Metallic Blue! The only SEL AWD 200A in that color has to be brought up from CT, I'm in Mass, so i'll see it in a couple of days!

What do you guys think?

thanks, I think so too, all I see on the road are red, black and white and some silver's. most definately will post pic's, i've truely never seen the blue, even mine, ha ha! i'm hoping someone here can confirm i have a good deal with the price.

Edited by SEL13AWD

SEL13AWD: Congratulations on your impending purchase!

See document downloadable here for a thorough explanation of your new Edge's systems & features.

I searched Edges in your area - 2013 SEL AWD 200A only - and found one that likely matches your MSRP, $33,855.

Ford employee (A/Z) pricing would be about $28,477 after applying $2,500 of incentives.

And the $750 Private Cash coupon you have cannot be used for A/Z Plan purchases.

Your purchase price is a very good deal, thanks to that coupon.

Good luck!

Haz, thanks for your reply and the link to the 2013 Edge Source Book, now I know why I havent seen any Deep Impact Blues, it's a new color for 2013!

Great work, you got the correct MSRP of $33,855, (I believe Dealer Invoice and destination is $31,625, maybe you can confirm, or does that really matter to me?) This is my first new car purchase, so I truely had no experience working with a new car salesman, I really went in to look at a couple of late model used. In my case the dealer applyed $3,500 of incentives and then my $750 Private Cash, bringing my price to $28,083, so i guess the X-Plan took $1,522 off the MSRP.

I'll check my notes and itemize the incentives, The one for taking out the Ford motor credit loan was applied like the others, i was told that I had to make at least 4 payments then I can refi, otherwise the dealership would be charged back for it.

Unfortunately, I just got a call from the saleman and the Deep Impact Blue SEL AWD in CT was sold, it was available in the system when we discussed it Friday, but inventory does not update i guess until it's paid for and driven off the lot. So, I just asked him to look and see if there's another with maybe one more feature (eg. remote start?) so we don't have to decide on another color, my wife was really into the blue as was I, so I don't have to pay for them to expand the search area and bring one in from further. I don't even know what that would cost, but i would rather have something extra then just throw money away to get the blue.

Here's an update on what I can get in blue...

1. from Southern CT/NY border for an additional $275 delivery fee

2. from PA with the Medium Light Stone interior (we wanted the Charcoal Black) and Back Light Door Sill Accessory ?? for $263 plus $413 delivery fee ( i might have that backwards), total additional $676

3. from NY with Roof rails and Tow Package for $524 plus $352 delivery fee, total additional $876

4. from ?? with All Weather Mats, Roof rails and Tow Package for $581, plus $330 delivery fee, total additional $911

5. order it and wait 8 weeks

6. pick a different color and let the search begin again.

Ugh, I have a headache

Here's an update on what I can get in blue...

2. from PA with the Medium Light Stone interior (we wanted the Charcoal Black) and Back Light Door Sill Accessory ?? for $263 plus $413 delivery fee ( i might have that backwards), total additional $676

3. from NY with Roof rails and Tow Package for $524 plus $352 delivery fee, total additional $876

4. from ?? with All Weather Mats, Roof rails and Tow Package for $581, plus $330 delivery fee, total additional $911

Ugh, I have a headache

You can go to the Ford website and put in what you are looking for including the color. It will locate matching cars in dealer stock (I believe you set what distance or zip code you want to search). You can even view the window sticker of each one you are interested in. Depending on your relationship with the dealer you are working with, or how far you might want to travel, you could always contact the dealer with any you find and work out a deal over the phone, by email, or by driving and doing it in person.

I have never paid to have a dealer do a dealer trade, that's part of the business. The farthest one dealer went for me to pick up what I wanted was a little over 250 miles each way.

I have never paid to have a dealer do a dealer trade, that's part of the business. The farthest one dealer went for me to pick up what I wanted was a little over 250 miles each way.

Salesman tells me it's a firm cost per mile trip, nothing they can do, two guys, one to drive back my car and I have to pay for the milage round trip. Should I call Ford directly? who would that be?

Edited by SEL13AWD

ving my choices Here's an update on what I can get in blue...

Option 2 is out, as is option 3 as I would have bought the All Weather Mats anyway,

might as aell take away 5 and 6, while I'm at it

Leaving my decision at....

Do you know the incentives they gave you?

I'll check my notes and itemize the incentives, The one for taking out the Ford motor credit loan was applied like the others, i was told that I had to make at least 4 payments then I can refi, otherwise the dealership would be charged back for it.

Mark94 and all...

Available Incentives, $3,500

Retail Customer Cash
Program #12254, Amount: $-500, Offer Valid: 2013-01-03-2013-04-01
Program #12254:Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 04/01/2013. Not all Edge models may qualify. See dealer for residency restrictions and complete details

Ford Credit Retail Bonus Customer Cash
Program #12256, Amount: $-1,000, Offer Valid: 2013-01-03-2013-04-01
Program #12256: $1,000.00 Ford Credit Bonus cash requires Ford Credit financing. Not all buyers will qualify. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by

04/01/2013. Not all Edge models may qualify. See dealer for residency restrictions, qualifications and complete details.

3 Payments On Us Special Retail Customer Cash
Program #12266, Amount: $-1,500, Offer Valid: 2013-01-03-2013-02-04
Program #12266:Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 02/04/2013. Not all Edge models may

qualify. See dealer for residency restrictions and complete details.

"Auto Show" Special Retail Customer Cash
Program #12286, Amount: $-500, Offer Valid: 2013-01-16-2013-02-04
Program #12286:Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 02/04/2013. Not all Edge models may
qualify. See dealer for residency restrictions and complete details.

Is this the tow package:

Class II receiver hitch; Larger radiator; Upgraded cooling fans; Wiring harness with 4-pin connector; Increases tow capacity to 3500 lbs

A worthwhile addition, IMHO. Not so sure on the roof rails, but living where you are, having some AW mats is definitely a good idea.

If otherwise the ?? vehicle has everything you want, no reason not to take delivery. Helps with long-term ownership satisfaction :)

Thanks, I come up with $3500 in incentives as well but I'm just trying to figure out if the $1500 3 payments is that they pay the first three months for you or if they are giving you an additional $1500 to put towards your down payment. It's confusing and doesn't really state what the incentive actually is.

I'm trying to figure out if I will be proceeding with the incentives I'm grandfather in with when we placed our Edge order or if the new ones will be better in the long run.

Thanks!

Mark

Thanks, I come up with $3500 in incentives as well but I'm just trying to figure out if the $1500 3 payments is that they pay the first three months for you or if they are giving you an additional $1500 to put towards your down payment. It's confusing and doesn't really state what the incentive actually is.

I'm trying to figure out if I will be proceeding with the incentives I'm grandfather in with when we placed our Edge order or if the new ones will be better in the long run.

Thanks!

Mark

it's a credit to the purchase price for using Ford financing

Is this the tow package:

Class II receiver hitch; Larger radiator; Upgraded cooling fans; Wiring harness with 4-pin connector; Increases tow capacity to 3500 lbs

A worthwhile addition, IMHO. Not so sure on the roof rails, but living where you are, having some AW mats is definitely a good idea.

If otherwise the ?? vehicle has everything you want, no reason not to take delivery. Helps with long-term ownership satisfaction :)

that is the tow package, i would have added a hitch for a bike rack at some point anyway, the other stuff is overkill for me, i'm sure radiator and fans are sized right stock, it's just the $330 to get it from the other dealer that gets me

The fee is what it is, you can't get around it because they have to do paperwork to get the car from the other dealership and pay their folks to pick it up and get it for you. If the Edge is the one you want I wouldn't have an issue paying $330 to get the vehicle I want and I don't think you want to get pigeon-holed into a color you aren't happy with and may regret for the years you own it...

Another option is just taking a road trip to the dealership that has it and do business directly with them.

Final option is what we did. We couldn't find an Edge that had everything we wanted (the rear DVD players don't seem to be a popular option) so we had to order it from the factory. We got every single option we wanted within the class (bought an SEL but only thing I would have added is the driver's entry which isn't available on SEL). We were told 8-12 weeks and were just called yesterday that it came in. Only took 7 weeks for it to be built and arrive even though we had the holidays mixed in so you can get them fast if you have the luxury of being able to wait. Best of all, you can lock into the incentives at the time you ordered and if they get better when your car arrives, you can take advantage of the new incentives and drop the old which is a nice program.

Thanks for the clarification on the incentive and best of luck with your decision.

AZX Plan rule on additions to vehicle purchase price:

• The dealership may charge any price negotiated (at or above dealer cost) between the dealer and the customer for undercoating, dealer installed options, extended service contracts and other items or services that add value to the vehicle, provided such items are priced separately and listed individually on the retail buyer's order and the AZXD-Plan Pricing Agreement.

As long as the dealer discloses the cause for the additional charge, in this case, transportation from the holding dealership to your local dealership, then the price increase is allowable under AZX Plan rules.

As others have mentioned, the alternative course is to drive to the holding dealer and purchase the vehicle there, as long as incentives available at the more distant dealer location are acceptable to you, if they are not identical to your local dealer.

If you must travel outside your home state to buy, be aware of sales tax collection policies and title processing implications between your home state and the selling dealership's state.

I traveled two hours away from home to buy my MKX in my home state. The availability of Incentives and my MKX's installed options -- including Trailer Tow -- influenced my decision, which I do not regret.

My local Ford dealer has been happy to perform the small bit of warranty service my MKX has required.

If you're considering Ford ESP coverage, Anderson and Koch was nearly $1,000 cheaper than Ford ESP Headquarters' call-in quote and about $500 cheaper than the local Ford dealer's price for zero deductable, 7 year, 125k miles, 1st day/upgraded rental.

Good luck!

Edited by Haz

Haz, Mark94, thanks, I'm going forward with it, dropping off a $1,000 deposit check tonight and will sit down with the finance guy to go over the final numbers. Car should arrive from Utica NY to MA on Thursday, that's about a 275 mile trip. And will be ready to pickup Friday afternoon. I will shop for the ESP after I get through all this.

Edited by SEL13AWD

Deposit made!

finance guy at the dealership offered me the 7 year 75,000 miles ESP for $1,795 if I buy it when I close on Friday. I asked him how much it would be if i bought in a few weeks, when I would have more funds available, and he said he had no idea (ha!) but it would be much higher and i should do it now. What do you guys think?

edit: this is for the Premuum Care with the $100 Deductible, the only one Ford now offers (?)

Edited by SEL13AWD

If you're considering Ford ESP coverage, Anderson and Koch was nearly $1,000 cheaper than Ford ESP Headquarters' call-in quote and about $500 cheaper than the local Ford dealer's price for zero deductable, 7 year, 125k miles, 1st day/upgraded rental.

Haz, wow!

Anderson and Koch .....

STEP 5 / 6

Please review to see if you have all information correct

Vehicle Make Ford Vehicle Model Edge AWD Vehicle Model Year 2013 Vehicle Mileage 300 miles Snowplow No Supercharger No Plan ExtraCARE Ambulance, shuttle, tow truck No Covered Years 7 years Deductible $100 Deductible Add First-day Rental Protection No Covered Miles 75000 miles Enhanced Rental Option Yes Commercial Use No

Price: $910

Additional Costs: $90

<< Final Price: $1000 >>

oops! above is Extra Care

here is Premium

STEP 5 / 6

Please review to see if you have all information correct

Vehicle Make Ford Vehicle Model Edge AWD Vehicle Model Year 2013 Vehicle Mileage 300 miles Snowplow No Supercharger No Plan PremiumCARE Ambulance, shuttle, tow truck No Covered Years 7 years Deductible $100 Deductible Add First-day Rental Protection No Covered Miles 75000 miles Enhanced Rental Option Yes Commercial Use No

Price: $1170
Additional Costs: $90

<< Final Price: $1260 >>

edit: this is for the Premuum Care with the $100 Deductible, the only one Ford now offe

Not sure where you came up with this? According to the Ford site and the Anderson and Koch site, you can still get the $0.00 deductible. Pricing my 2013 Limited with a 7 year, 100000 mile, $0.00 deductible the cost was around $1550.00. Well worth the $0.00 deductible extra cost of about $455.00 or so versus getting the $100.00 deductible with the same years and mileage. I know I would have more than 4 service visits within 7 years or 100000 miles, and I would hate to have to pay $100.00 each time. Mine is 2WD.

Your AWD on Anderson and Koch with $0.00 deductible, 100000 miles, Premium Care (best there is) is $1750. Right there you picked up 25000 more miles and a zero deductible compared to what you are paying the same price for with your dealer. The first day rental and extended rental would be extra cost.

Please take the advice given by other members and check the prices yourself on line. You usually don't pay sales tax either if you buy on line from out of state! The policy is issued by Ford and is good at ALL Ford dealerships! Don't let your dealer tell you otherwise!