New Owner

Manish R. Patel

Hello everyone. As of January 29, 2013, I am the pround owner of a new 2013 Ford Edge SEL AWD (White Suede). I have made a couple of after-market accessory additions and I will post pictures in the appropriate topic areas. In the meantime, here is a picture of my ride that I took today.

post-25824-0-92842700-1362876911_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone. As of January 29, 2013, I am the pround owner of a new 2013 Ford Edge SEL AWD (White Suede). I have made a couple of after-market accessory additions and I will post pictures in the appropriate topic areas. In the meantime, here is a picture of my ride that I took today.

Love the color, congrats!

• 1 month later...

I think my steering rack is shot, and it only has 3k miles. Basically when i make a left or right turn, there is this weird tapping/vibrating sound that I hear, its pretty pronounced, especially when the car is cold. Its annoying, but I guess its time for a dealer trip in the near future.

I posted about this some where on here... The new body style is siiiiiick. I actually called the bank to see how much I owed when I seen it haha.

I would never trade in for anything less than the SRT model. Just isn't worth it when you compare what you get to what you've got in the Edge Sport. But the SRT model with everything I want is an $80,000 truck... So it's not happening lol.

Even when you look at the Edge Sport and the SRT8 model, there is a lot you don't get. Really only for the horsepower.

I went to check it out and drive it yesterday but they didnt have the 2014 SRT out. We talked pricing and its 64k otd with every option if I order it. I dont want to wait 3 months so I'll drive one of my other cars after the Edge Sport comes back from the dealer and they fix my car.

• 4 weeks later...

New driver of the 2013 Ford Edge Sel with Select Appearance Package... Love the wheels on the 20's... More black exposed then on the Sport 22's....White Platinum Tri Coat.... MFT, and Navigation.. Had Thule Racks installed at RackSolid in Santa Monica for surfing [i did find dealer not knowledgeable about rack systems and I live in CA where it is hard to see a vehicle on the road without some sort of rack system]......... 600 plus miles driven.... One free fill up with delivery of vehicle, One Premium fill up.. and now burning 89.. Averaging 15.5 mpg [mostly city driving] Overall I am very happy We have driven BMWs for over 15 years.. [5 Series, Z4, 7 Series, X5 and last vehicle was a 535 xi Sports Wagon]...Burning premium gasoline was killing me and the mpg was lower on each vehicle then what I am already getting in the Edge. Adjustment from BMW to Ford so far I am fine... BIggest complaint is Ford's "Fit and Trim" work... Definitely not BMW. But I am really stoked on the interior look.. I call it my Industrial look.

Wife drives the new MKZ [Galpin Lincoln] with the ecoboost .. her mpg not as good as mine... But WE are having patience with this...

DEALERSHIP: Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood... Far better deal then what Galpin Ford was offering... but wife got a super deal on her MKZ at Galpin Ford/Lincoln.