New Owner

Manish R. Patel

looks really good man. I just got my Edge though not a Sport but I'm satisfied with it. I will say that the rear factory tint isn't dark at all. After debating for a week I pulled the plug and went and got 35% all the way around and the rear is so much nicer now with the 35% on top of the factory tint. The factory tint in my Magnum was sooooo much darker. I will say that the dark tint on the white suede paint looks amazing!

Edited by Nick Halstead

The factory rear on mine metered to 18%.

I don't know if it's a package difference or what, but mine was relatively dark.

Mine are pretty dark from factory. I figured that I'd just run 35% even though they wanted to slap 20% on there. I try to avoid the keen eye of the local law establishment, they get trigger happy sometimes with tint tickets.

looks really good man. I just got my Edge though not a Sport but I'm satisfied with it. I will say that the rear factory tint isn't dark at all. After debating for a week I pulled the plug and went and got 35% all the way around and the rear is so much nicer now with the 35% on top of the factory tint. The factory tint in my Magnum was sooooo much darker. I will say that the dark tint on the white suede paint looks amazing!

Thanks!

When I took my sport to my buddies place they said that they were gonna do 20% on the front windows as it was the closest match to what I had on there, but I figured 35% is probably better only because its not too dark but still offers privacy and some sun block. They look great tinted, especially in white! I really wanted the white but got a deal I couldnt refuse, I'm happy with black though, I never realized how metallic the paint really was.

So today I've just been piecing together my mini-list of things I need to get or have done.

1. HID kit (ordered)

2. Vinyl for front chrome strip (ordered)

3. Accel coilpacks (ordered)

4. GoodRidge brake lines

5. Hawk FR/RR pads

6. ATE DOT4 superblue

7. Need to find a powdercoater to do something with the faux chrome on the wheels

Goodridge only has lines for the front, and even then, because they haven't approved the 2nd-gen Edges yet, they will not warranty them. Give me a week or two. I'm already on it.

My Hawk HPS pads will be here by the end of the week, with some other stuff.

Great brake fluid. Just make sure to use a pressure bleeder to put it in. Do NOT just drain and try to refill.

It's not faux chrome. It's clear powdercoated polished aluminum.

Goodridge only has lines for the front, and even then, because they haven't approved the 2nd-gen Edges yet, they will not warranty them. Give me a week or two. I'm already on it.

My Hawk HPS pads will be here by the end of the week, with some other stuff.

Great brake fluid. Just make sure to use a pressure bleeder to put it in. Do NOT just drain and try to refill.

It's not faux chrome. It's clear powdercoated polished aluminum.

Alright, so I'll wait on the lines. The pads, I had them on my 08 Xterra, awesome and definitely stopped shorter than stock, cant go wrong with those.

I'm an avid fan of Superblue and Superyellow, awesome stuff, I dont know if I have a car that hasnt had it, plus when it comes time to bleed, alternating between the 2 helps big time. I'll definitely make note of that, I dont want to have issues.

So its a clear powdercoated polished aluminum, thats a mouthful. I need to check out some colors etc... I dont want it to be too different but I'm not really feeling the color, its just odd.

So when you sharing the wealth?

Awesome, thanks a lot, I'll jump on those ASAP!

You wouldnt happen to know the model # or give me a heads up on the details?

So what was the model number. I checked out Gorilla's website... the 'guide' just states 1/2 lugs. When I search on Amazon, the Vechile Guides says NOPE will not fit. :-(

71683NBC ???

Thanks

So today went 50/50. So good news, the black chrome lugs went on, those look great, they blend in perfectly with the black centers on the wheels, love the way it looks, should have come like that from the factory. Bad news, the 9006 35watt 4300k DDM HID kit, even with one of the tabs trimmed properly, didn't fit. We also tried a 9005 bulb after Dingo's recommendation, also didnt fit. Couldnt figure out why, even had Dingo from down in GA on the phone with my mechanic friend. So, it looks like I'm gonna end up getting the same set Dingo got from TRS, the Morimoto and see how that goes. Kind of frustrated with it. Oh well. But just an update.

Edited by Manish R. Patel

Love the photos Manish.

Sorry to hear about the problems with the HID you got from DDM. Not sure why they won't fit in your Edge though. Might be a bad set of bulbs (poorly molded plastic tabs). The seems that the DDMs always take a bit more time to get lined up in the socket than some other brands. The first bulb on the first set of DDMs I put in took me about 15 minutes to finally get it in. (a lot of skinned up knuckles too). I got lucky on the second bulb and it slipped right in.

(While I have you, I wanted to see if you had any questions about my LED Puddle Lights and interior LED pack that I gave you pricing on. Would love to get you setup with them.)

Love the photos Manish.

Sorry to hear about the problems with the HID you got from DDM. Not sure why they won't fit in your Edge though. Might be a bad set of bulbs (poorly molded plastic tabs). The seems that the DDMs always take a bit more time to get lined up in the socket than some other brands. The first bulb on the first set of DDMs I put in took me about 15 minutes to finally get it in. (a lot of skinned up knuckles too). I got lucky on the second bulb and it slipped right in.

(While I have you, I wanted to see if you had any questions about my LED Puddle Lights and interior LED pack that I gave you pricing on. Would love to get you setup with them.)

Thanks, the photos are one of those things that when I have the time or the stars kinda line up I take some. As far as the HID's, Dingo made a great point about those to me in a conversation he and I had, I did attempt to have someone else install them but didnt try them myself, so I'm gonna do that next before I purchase the Morimoto's. Then we'll see where it goes, but its definitely annoying to have to spend more time than the 20 minutes they usually take to install.

As far as the LED lighting, I've not really thought about anything since, I'm one of those types where i gotta get this HID thing going before I move on to the next mini-project. I'll hit you up though at some point in the near future about those. I appreciate your time replying to my email. Thanks.

Try a little grease on the o-ring but make sure you don't get any on the bulb. So many of us are using the 9006 DDM's it's hard to believe ya can't get them to work. Did you compare the DDM bulbs to the factory bulbs??? Should be really easy to see if there is a difference between the mounting bases/tabs.

Try a little grease on the o-ring but make sure you don't get any on the bulb. So many of us are using the 9006 DDM's it's hard to believe ya can't get them to work. Did you compare the DDM bulbs to the factory bulbs??? Should be really easy to see if there is a difference between the mounting bases/tabs.

I tried explaining about how many people are using them to my buddy and he tried and tried for an hour or so, but it didn't work. Not sure why, he is a really competent guy and has done hundreds if not thousands of kits. I lined them both up, another guy at the shop even measured the neck of both with a caliper device, you name it, no issues or that which I could see, I just got frustrated with it and told him, forget it. Weird shit. Now I need to find someone semi-local who's done them so they can help me with it because I know the kit cant be bad, perhaps I just need to have someone who's done them before do it for me, or something.

Edited by Manish R. Patel