Disable Seatbelt Chime

• 1 month later...

Hahaha. I do wear my seatbelt. It's for those quick "around-the-block" cruises to drop something off, or to drive from parking to my dorm without ever leaving campus. It's a 1 minutes ride with lots of loud, quick chimes.

Thanks for looking out for my safety, though!

• 1 year later...

In the 2013, the easy way to disarm the alarm, is to buckle the seatbelt BEFORE starting the engine.

Other than that, the procedure above is correct. I would suggest that you exit the vehicle prior to tunning the ignition switch to the on position. Then follow the procedure after the warning indicator goes off.

BTW, the sensor is tied to weight on the seat, not a seatbelt interconnect. (Probably done this way to prevent the belt cheater to work. Believe they switched to this method after they tied the airbags to the system).

If you need it, you can download a copy of your owners manual here: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/13edgom4e.pdf

Edited by enigma-2

BTW, the sensor is tied to weight on the seat, not a seatbelt interconnect. (Probably done this way to prevent the belt cheater to work. Believe they switched to this method after they tied the airbags to the system).

The extender works with the belt checker. If there's weight on the seat it checks to see if there's a belt connection, if there is, no chime. If there isn't, chime. With the extender in, no chime.

I've suggested that multiple times but jeffcarl doesn't seem to want to do that. He would rather disable the speaker instead.

Dude you are too much. Did I say I want to disable the speaker? No, I said I want to either:

1. disable the initial seatbelt chime

2. reduce the volume of the chime

3. change the chime sound

Do you really need to be someone's dad and reprimand them for not following your great advice?

Gee Mr Cleaver, don't get sore. Wally, The Beaver & I just wanted it a little quieter. Honest, we didn't mean any harm.

Edited by jeffcarl

It's not "my advice" - it's the absolute most simple solution to your problem - it doesn't require purchasing anything or any work whatsoever - just change the order of two tasks when you get in the car.

I'm all about problem-solving and when people are given the simplest solution yet ignore it then I get a little peeved. Like the guy on the Fusion forum who complained about the chime when the engine is on and the door is open. Turns out he was leaving the door open to vent the hot air in the summer after it had sat in the parking lot. The simple solution was to roll down all the windows and open the moonroof and even better - use the global open to do this before you even get to the car. But he wanted to leave the door open and jump through hoops to disable the chime. I just don't get it.

BTW - the belt extender will also disable the regular seatbelt warning if you actually do forget to buckle up.

It's not "my advice" - it's the absolute most simple solution to your problem - it doesn't require purchasing anything or any work whatsoever - just change the order of two tasks when you get in the car.

I'm all about problem-solving and when people are given the simplest solution yet ignore it then I get a little peeved. Like the guy on the Fusion forum who complained about the chime when the engine is on and the door is open. Turns out he was leaving the door open to vent the hot air in the summer after it had sat in the parking lot. The simple solution was to roll down all the windows and open the moonroof and even better - use the global open to do this before you even get to the car. But he wanted to leave the door open and jump through hoops to disable the chime. I just don't get it.

BTW - the belt extender will also disable the regular seatbelt warning if you actually do forget to buckle up.

No, actually it is your "advice". In fact you offered your "advice" on this subject in your own words "multiple times". Your solution to any given problem is fine for you, and I appreciate your willingness to offer it, but you don't have the right to get "peeved" when someone doesn't think the same way you do. Offer your opinion once & let it go,

In this case: Its sub zero or single digits, I go out to the car & start it without actually getting in because I have mounds of snow or thick ice to remove. Maybe even shovel the area in front of the car that the plow didn't get. Now I suppose I could do all this stuff first, and then get into my icebox car & set off on my trip, but I'd rather warm it up first. Now the chime has a peculiar sound that annoys me. Maybe it doesn't bother you, but it does me. I don't mind the chalkboard screetch but some people go nuts over it......we're all different. Anyway I have to hear that sound day after frozen day & it's unpleasant to me (especially first thing in the morning). So while some folks will jump to the conclusion that I'm totally careless for not wanting to wear my seatbelt, or that I have some other stupid or nefarious thing going on, as you may now perhaps see I have a logical reason for wanting it off.

Having said all that, why does my reason matter to anyone responding to the post? I simply asked if there is a way to do such & so. If someone has an answer, great, if not I don't see why it's necessary for lectures from anyone about how I should wear my seat belt, or perform my start sequence in a certain order.

Respectfully submitted

jeff