FWD Question

Cruiser64

Ok guys I have never had or driven a FWD car until I bought my Edge in mid Jan. My question is, Is it common for the car to try and change lanes when you hammer the gas. I have only done this twice and both times it has pulled extremely hard to the right and it was very surprising and almost scary, mainly because I wasn't expecting it to do that. Is this common with FWD or should I have the dealer look at the car. My Edge is a 2013 SE w/3.5

Thanks Cruiser

My current vehicle is FWD and it too does that.

(I borrowed my dad's GMC sierra while my car was in the shop, its FWD too and I also managed to accelerate too fast and jerk it to the right but during the rain so it was a little scary)

-_-

However, in my car, I mainly do that coming from a left turn and I accelerate too fast I guess, and it'll try to jerk to the right.

Mine will also do it when accelerating on the freeway on ramp to get up to speed but not very often, my car is older and when getting on the freeway mostly its slow to respond so mine will just jerk forward because of it. (185 horsepower I believe maybe 165. I forget what these torrents have). Its the only annoying thing my FWD does.

^_^

I have only driven FWD cars as i live in SoCal and we don't get snow or a lot of icy roads.

:)

Roxy, the Sierra is NOT FWD, nor has it ever been. Aside from the Honda Ridgeline (and maybe it's more of a front wheel drive-based 4WD), no pickups are front wheel drive. Well that and maybe some weird Volkswagen things and the Dodge Rampage from the 80s.

Edited by Limited59

Roxy, the Sierra is NOT FWD, nor has it ever been. Aside from the Honda Ridgeline (and maybe it's more of a front wheel drive-based 4WD), no pickups are front wheel drive. Well that and maybe some weird Volkswagen things and the Dodge Rampage from the 80s.

My bad... The Sierra is a rear wheel drive. And it doesn't jerk, I pushed it a little harder than I should have and rode on water. I don't drive it a lot, only when I have to and it's much heavier than I'm used to so I thought I didn't push it to go hard enough.

However, my mom's 2012 equniox is FWD but hers won't jerk to the right like my car does as I believe it's hydrolic steering... Something like that, it keeps it from jerking. My torrent has torque(?) steering which causes it to pull to the right sometimes while accelerating.

Anyways, sorry I don't know much about what's under the hood, I'm more of what's on the inside and how the car looks on the out. I'm hoping to get an Edge soon, just need to wait to hear on this job. But I figured if I can get the Edge I would like to do/know more things about it from under the hood.

But I'm trying to learn what I can right now. I like to keep my cars looking and running like new. :). By May it'll be 7 years that I've had the torrent other than a few rock dings, it still looks great and the inside still looks pretty new. And other than the fuel injector sticking because i dont drive it too much (43,000 miles on it), it runs like new.

Akirby---

No I really meant Sierra. My dad is a truck man. He hates the Acadia, which I was originally going for until I found the Edge. We don't buy AWD vehicles as we don't need them. :)