13' Silver Edge AWD w NAV, 205a,appearance pkg...$32,503

jsjs1

Hi folks! I've been a member here for a year or so while considering the edge. A year ago I was drooling over the edge sport but realized the gas mileage and $40,000 price tag was a bit much. Then Ford introduces the SEL appearance pkg and I'm hooked. Its the perfect vehicle for me. I do wish they had the body molding on the bottom of the vehicle like the sport but that is what sets the sport apart.

So here is the deal I've agreed to for an AWD, Silver 2013 Edge w/ Appearance Pkg., Nav.,205a. There is no power liftgate, no tow pkg., no roof rails and no vista roof.

MSRP $38,145 Invoice price is $36003. If I finance through Ford(and then refinance) I can get $3500 in rebates. The salesman offered $500 over the invoice price before the rebates so that worked out to $36,500 - $3500 = $33,003. I said I'd like to see him come down $1000. He says he can only come down to Invoice(-$500) price so I asked him to put in an astrostart which they agreed to. So....we agreed to $36,003 - $3500 in incentives for a total around $32,503 plus a top of the line autostart. I feel like I could applied a bit more pressure to come down but I'm a lover not a fighter. Any thoughts on this deal? Does it all add up? I hate to get screwed. This deal is going down in Grand Forks, ND (my home town) but there are a ton of Ford dealers in the Minneapolis area where I live so there are other options of course. I've talked to a couple but this vehicle in Grand Forks has exactly the options I wanted and none of what I didn't so I'm not paying for things i don't want.

Something that put me off was the finance guy. I'm currently in ND and 2 weeks ago I asked Ford for a brochure hoping there would be a $750 cash coupon inside sitting at my house in MPLS. He says,"Oh, don't worry about that. We've already applied all the discounts that we can. This is a pretty thin deal for us here but because your a friend of (person that works there) were giving you the best price possible." Now I don't get that! If Ford gives a coupon and wants to pay a portion then so be it. Who knows....maybe they have their own cash coupon they're using and mine couldn't be applied. Shit, I might not even have on sitting at home for all I know. Can it be applied after the sale...like 2 days?

Thats enough rambling from me. I'm picking this vehicle up Monday afternoon and am thoroughly stoked!

Edited by jsjs1

do you work for any of the companies on this page?

http://sheehyfordofrichmond.com/Ford-X-Plan/

you maybe able to get x-plan pricing

and based off the current incentives (im not sure if youre eligible for all)

the total should be $4500 not $3500

$1,000

Ford Credit Retail Bonus Customer Cash 1

and $500

Retail Bonus Customer Cash 2

and $2,000

Retail Customer Cash 3

and $1,000

Competitive Lease Conquest 4

also i believe the rebates might change on 4/1... hopefully in the buyers favor

Edited by spicaly

Spicaly,

That last $1000 incentive is for peeps who have just given back or terminated a lease from a competing car company within 30 days of recieving a new ford......That's not me. So I only get the $3500 but still pretty good. Also I don't work for any of those companies but did just learn that the x plan pricing is available to friends and family. The girl I know at the dealership told me its only for family after she offered to let me use one of her pins. Either her boss told her wrong or were not that good of friends, lol.

I do wish they had the body molding on the bottom of the vehicle like the sport but that is what sets the sport apart.
That's one of the things I liked about our Ecoboost (I wanted a Sport too); the moulded rocker panels - another guy on here had them fitted to his limited (http://www.fordedgeforum.com/gallery/image/2733-edge-08/) and they look much better, lowering the whole car - if yours doesn't have these I'd recommend them

Enjoy when you get it!

Edited by BeDevil79

So I don't know if this will make you feel better or make me look like a sucker - but here goes. On 02/09/2013, I ordered an SEL Ecoboost with the 205A, voice activated nav, SEL appearance pkg., vision pkg., liftgate & roof rack (not vista roof) with x-plan pricing got a price of @ $35901 then they offered $2500 rebate & I have the $750 private Ford coupon which will bring it down to $32651. I am not using Ford financing. The coupon states a few car selection exemptions the only Edge exempt from offer is the Edge SE AWD. The coupon does mention that it is not eligible with A/Z/D Plan pricing but does not mention X-Plan. They gave me a copy of the invoice and I have the sticker. Should be delivered this week! YEA!

Hope I didn't over pay, but I hate to haggle.

Edited by dfais

Don't know if I should start my owne thread for this question... just tell me and I will.

I am following this and a few other threads re pricing/discounts, as I am very close to making a decision on a new Edge (vs a new JeepGC). Ford sent me a brochure with $750 private cash voucher, end of last year, but I cannot find it. Called Ford Marketing this AM, and asked for confirmation that they show it in their records. She told me that offer exoired, and presently there are no offers, other than the 0% financing OR the TV ad discount incentives.

I have a Freightliner Corp control number which will get me -1% below invoice on Jeep/Chrysler products, plus any other incentives that are available, but nothing that Ford recognized (e.g. Apple Corp shareholder, but not employee; Winnebago "Owner/customer-for-life", but not employee). Can't seem to find anything that will get me close to the deal I can get on a Jeep.

Edited by Will S.

Will S: I am uncertain if you can access the Forum Personal Messenger system due to your current number of posts, but I have messaged you some information.

Good luck!

Haz, I was able to see your personal messenger text, but only after typing a lengthy reply, I found out I cannot send messages do to not having 20 posts. I saved my reply to you, and will try to send it via email, if that is possible..