Custom Edges - 56k warning

I've been absolutely loving my Edge since I got it. Black/Clearcoat with Camel interior. I love the way the BAMR disappears on the black ones.

It's a pain to keep clean but is sooo nice looking.

So far I have tinted the front windows as dark as I legally could - 35% + the minor tint from the factory glass. Law is 32% here in GA.

I've had the H&R springs installed for a very nice lowering effect and an big change for the better in handling.

Got my "Prestige" plate today! Finally! It says SCOOP, which is my life long nickname. I bolted to Auto Zone and scored a black frame thingy with a nice semi-bulbous, tinted window/cover. Got some specialized screws and black screw covers. Looks GREAT! I'll take a pic or two tomorrow.

I'm waiting for an estimated Tuesday delivery of two replacement wheels for the two that got flat spotted somehow in shipping. Once installed I will have the 20' Wheels pictured below - black! - with 275/45R20 tires. Can't wait!

Here's a rim picture:

zinik_z20_blk_ci3_l.jpg

So, to the point of this thread.

I have been prowling the net looking for custom Edges for ideas and cuz they're just so cool! It's such a great looking car.

I have found several and finally started saving the pics from different places to try to put together a nice compilation.

Without further ado, I'd like to start a thread here for people to show us what they've all found on the Innerweb ;)

Let's start with a couple of pics of one we've all surely seen.

2007 H&R Ford Edge of the World from the SEMA Auto Show.

HR_SEMA1.jpgHR_SEMA2.jpg

There are tons of pictures of this bad boy.

If you haven't seen it before just Google "H&R Ford Edge"

This is an example of a 3DCarbon Edge.

Pretty damn sweet if ya ask me.

Ford-Edge-by-3DCarbon-lg.jpg

This is a version of the H&R Springs Edge.

If I'm not mistaken it is earlier than the first two pics of the H&R edge.

At a glance the wheels and front valence/lip/whatever are different.

Still nice. I like the black wheels!

fords-sema-2006-preview-20061025051.jpg

And this one!

I just stumbled across this pic in the blueovalforums. Direct link HERE

Credit to Blueblood for the pic.

I like, and have seen nothing of this one anywhere else. I love it! I'm Irish and dig green. Check that sweet probably powder-coated grill. AWESOME!

GreenEdge.jpg

Here's the semi-infamous Watertown Ford Edge.

Nice but kinda expensive...

WatertownEdge.jpg

I've definitely seen some other great looking edges, many of them belonging to members here.

I'll dig up a few more and post them.

Please, if you've seen a special Edge post it up! :D

Of course post up your own custom/WIP Edge too. I know jeffreybehr will be posting here.

I'll post my tag tomorrow and a couple of my Edge after I get the new wheels.

Edited by scoopo

Here's one I've seen but had to go Googling for.

Very nice black Edge with 22" wheels.

Owner is titled Gregory at cardomain.com

Link to page with lots of good pics HERE

cardomainBlk01.jpgcardomainBlk02.jpg

Another of same but with Chrome wheels

cardomainChrome.jpg

I like it a lot.

The top pics are a lot like what I'm going for... although I think my wheels will be nicer (as in "go with the car" - lines, etc) even though they're "only" 20" compared to these 22s ;)

Man I wish I could black out my front windows... but I don't think my heart could stand the pressure of being illegal.

• 4 weeks later...
There's another one of those hot painetd/powder-coated grills!

I want that!!

As long as we don't have to buy a new OEM spare for the supplier to make it, lol!!! I wonder, these things are made of PLASTIC, right? It feels like it to me. How expensive could they be?

For pimps or senior citizens...

Hey, that's my car I just brought home this Tuesday and not a pimp, grandma and they won't give me a senior discount card yet!!!

Got tired of driving something that said FORD on it and needed a little change and upgrade!

Love my Hot Rod Lincoln !!!!

Signed Baby Boomer !

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Some pix of an Edge they did at the dealership I work at.

3d carbon kit and 295/45R20 on Axis rims. Not to much but it looks good.

post-1570-1194452336_thumb.jpg

post-1570-1194452347_thumb.jpg

post-1570-1194452354_thumb.jpg

post-1570-1194452366_thumb.jpg

That's a Nice looking Edge! Is that the standard white or did you spray some pearl on it? That's the Nicest white that I've seen on a Ford product! It reminds me of GM's Diamond white (Cadillac) or Lexus' White pearl! Very Nice! :beerchug:

• 6 years later...

Over an inch wider, but everything else looks good if you have the room for the width. You are well within the recommended 3% difference.

Figures obtained through this site http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-Size-Calculator

Stock Tire Size 245/50R20 Imperial Metric Section Width: 9.65 in 245.00 mm Rim Diameter: 20 in 508 mm Rim Width Range: 7 - 8.5 in Overall Diameter: 29.65 in 753.00 mm Sidewall Height: 4.82 in 122.50 mm Radius: 14.82 in 376.50 mm Circumference: 93.13 in 2,365.62 mm Revs per Mile: 701.62/mi Actual Speed: 62.14 mph 100.00 kph Speed Variance: - Diameter Variance: - Tire Size 1 275/45R20 Imperial Metric Section Width: 10.83 in 275.00 mm Rim Diameter: 20 in 508 mm Rim Width Range: 8.5 - 10 in Overall Diameter: 29.74 in 755.50 mm Sidewall Height: 4.87 in 123.75 mm Radius: 14.87 in 377.75 mm Circumference: 93.44 in 2,373.47 mm Revs per Mile: 699.30/mi Actual Speed: 62.34 mph 100.33 kph Speed Variance: 0.33% too fast. Diameter Variance: 0.33%

Your "new" tire is 30 mm wider, so it has an overhang of 15 mm on either side compared to your stock tire. If the offset on the OEM 20" wheels was also 35mm, then your "new" tire is 15 mm closer to the strut, and 15 mm further outward compared to your stock tire. You might just be able to stay within the wheel well, but actual measurements on your Edge would be preferable.

Don't think this is an issue, but I'd keep an eye on tire wear with a wider tire, make sure it is properly inflated, no sags. Wider tires are better for summer driving conditions in general, but in challenging conditions, you want to "cut through" the rain/sleet/snow/ice, hence more weight/unit area (i.e., narrower tire) is preferable at that time.

HTH.