2012 Edge Sport, My impressions not very good so far.

Diesel350

Hello Robert,

Ā 

I was reading through this and it has made me a little discouraged. A month ago I was in an accident with my 2012 Ford Focus, its still in the shop hoping it will be done by early next week. But, I went and test drove a 2012 Ford Edge Sport AWD. Just on the small test drive it wasn't bad, the vehicle has 45k miles on it, and I put a holding deposit down while I wait for my Focus to be completed so that the dealer can take it as a trade-in. Once everything is all done with the transaction I will post back to see if I run in to any similar issues.

Hope you will LOVE the way your Edge drives! Don't settle for anything less.

I definitely don't like the way the Edge Drives. Explorer is much more comfy and drives smoother. Seats in the Edge are uncomfortable, rides rough but that's expected since it's got 22 inch wheels and sport suspension, and it's fairly noisy inside. My wife loves it for some reason though. Planning on keeping it until the new RX's come out then trading this lemon in.

Edited by Diesel350

• 5 months later...

The battery drain is probably caused by the bad shift to park sensor. It's easy to fix - just swap out the shifter assembly.

Ā 

If you put on new tires and the vibration persists, it's probably not the tires. Check the rotors for damage. It could also be the driveshaft.

Do you have the 22" wheels on your Sport, Diesel? I have heard that the firmer ride can provide additional feedback in the cabin, including vibration. If you have AWD, the driveshaft is a possibility as akirby said. In which case, I would take a look at PTU & RDU fluid levels & condition. Wheel bearings were pointed out earlier as a likely suspect, did you have a chance to verify them?

Ā 

As far as alignment goes, sometimes the subframe has to be adjusted a bit for that last bit of perfection.

Not just the wheel bearings but the fit of the wheel onto the hub. Factory wheels should be fine but you never know. Another option is to have them balance the wheels on the vehicle to account for the entire rotating mass including the rotor and hub.

Ā 

BTW - there is no such thing as a RWD Edge - only FWD or AWD. I assume you meant AWD. Even if the rear diff isn't engaged the driveshaft is still spinning and if it's out of balance you could get a vibration.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...