New Edge Owner Help with LEDS!!!

I have a brand new 2013 Edge Sport picked her up 5/21, and I want to do a a full LED conversion, I've been reading through the forums and found a lot of great info so far but need a little bit of help. This is what i have put together so far:

DAYTIMEbrightLites:

-EDGE 2 Next Gen DRL's

-LED Puddle-Lights with License Plate LED

-LED Interior Lights (Map/Dome and Cargo Area)

9006: Morimoto Elite HID System

5Five (50w)

3Five

Heavy Duty Relay

The trouble I'm running into is i can't find the Switchback LED's for the front that Cellbine has, seems all the links return a 404 Error, and I'm not sure which set replaces them if there no longer available. I think I want the Type 1's white/amber from what i read on here, because i just want plug and play and not have to install resisters. I emailed VLEDS a few days back and have yet to hear from them.

I'm also not sure what bulbs I need for the tail lights to completely switch them over to LED's (reverse lights/Brake/Turn signals) I think i wanna stick with VLEDS all around and probably 5000k to keep everything consistant.

And do guys think its worth it to do the visor lights?

I apologize in advance if I missed something I always try to search before posting a question but I'm having Knee surgery June 6th and hope to get everything done before.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions or if Im forgetting any bulbs I would really appreciate the input.

Thanks

Are you in the states or in England? Being that your name says Simmons and your picture looks like someone I know. Anyway as far as switchbacks are concerned I highly doubt you will find type 1s unless someone is selling there's off. I have seen where someone on here did do the visor lights and it was a big difference bit I guess that is up to each individual.

Are you in the states or in England? Being that your name says Simmons and your picture looks like someone I know. Anyway as far as switchbacks are concerned I highly doubt you will find type 1s unless someone is selling there's off. I have seen where someone on here did do the visor lights and it was a big difference bit I guess that is up to each individual.

Im in the States, Ohio to be exact. I think your right about the switchbacks, last night I got an email back from VLEDS see below

"The type 1 bulb was discontinued. We only sell the type 2 now. There is an known issue with the new Ford Edge and F150 in that it has stray voltage flowing on the turn signal circuit (even when the turn signals are off). This does not allow the white to come on. Unfortunately we do not have an good option for you at this time. We are working on integrating the fix into our new V3 system. We hope to have a solution for new Ford owners in the next few months."

Guess I'm gonna have to wait to on them for now.

Trying these out from ebay. 60 LED, Type 1, 3157/3457, but no information on lumen output.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170944568756?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:BIN&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2650

Should get them next week. They are longer than the original ones Cellbine uses, but with no tech specs who knows how they will work.

Very interested in the Daytimebrightlites Edge 2 since the price is much more economical but I'll wait on some reports before I plunk down 2 bills.

Trying these out from ebay. 60 LED, Type 1, 3157/3457, but no information on lumen output.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170944568756?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:BIN&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2650

Should get them next week. They are longer than the original ones Cellbine uses, but with no tech specs who knows how they will work.

Let me know how they turn out and if they need resistors. There is plenty of room for my Type 1s, so the ones you ordered should have no problem fitting in. Tried to get a good shot of the available space for you:

20130530_190427_zps5398933e.jpg

Cellbine, not seeing any halos in that photo. Just saying... :)

LOL. Trust me, EVERYONE will know when I get them in. They are in the mail! My folks are coming to visit us here in Germany next week. Hoping to install them with my Dad and also make the video for removing the front bumper for 2011+ models.

Very interested in the Daytimebrightlites Edge 2 since the price is much more economical but I'll wait on some reports before I plunk down 2 bills.

Please Let us know how they turn out, I saved the link but gonna hold off till I hear some feed back.

Edited by SXSimmons

• 3 months later...

No. Standard wiring.

Thanks Candurin.

Why I asked, I bought a pair of switchback from Ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/251343493088?item=251343493088&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr) and it stated it was standard wiring. I installed them and cannot get the white light to turn on, only the amber lights worked. I tested them separately, using a cordless drill battery pack and got both the white and amber lights to work. I should have just paid the money for the VLED lights.

Mel

• 3 weeks later...