Rear Bumper Saver

I found a great product for the Edge and MKX rear bumper. This item is called a Bumper Saver. It is made of a black rubberized compound, looks like the bumper pad found on a Explorer, is easy to install and only cost me $29.95. This item is so nice that I am considering distributing the item. If anyone is interested shoot me an email and I will forward a photo. If you are interested please call my office (914) 633-1550 and ask for Josephine.

post-1728-1191516110_thumb.jpg

Edited by tspad

I found a great product for the Edge and MKX rear bumper. This item is called a Bumper Saver. It is made of a black rubberized compound, looks like the bumper pad found on a Explorer, is easy to install and only cost me $29.95. This item is so nice that I am considering distributing the item. If anyone is interested shoot me an email and I will forward a photo.

Is it like the ones in THIS thread?

I really like this thing and will be getting one soon.

I just want it installed in a professional manner as I would probably screw it up if I tried it myself :rolleyes:

I found a great product for the Edge and MKX rear bumper. This item is called a Bumper Saver. It is made of a black rubberized compound, looks like the bumper pad found on a Explorer, is easy to install and only cost me $29.95. This item is so nice that I am considering distributing the item. If anyone is interested shoot me an email and I will forward a photo.

:yup: ... Yep...I'd like to see the item.....Can you post a picture here?....Distributor?...Web-site?.........Happy.... :shift: ....Sr...

:yup: ... Yep...I'd like to see the item.....Can you post a picture here?....Distributor?...Web-site?.........Happy.... :shift: ....Sr...

This item is a very nice piece. It is made in the USA of a black rubber material and came with 3M tape and adhesion promoter.

I will post a pic by tomorrow morning.

Edited by tspad

tspad:.... :reading: .....So are you going to distribute this product?? ... worked out a Sales Site?? ... Price structure/ shipping options?? ... From the picture, it looks like I'm seeing the back of a "white" EDGE ...perhaps a 2008....with no license plate frame??... From a photo shoot?? ... Excuse me...IF...I sound a little skeptical.... :shades: ..Just lookin' out for my k-noggin.........Sr...

tspad:.... :reading: .....So are you going to distribute this product?? ... worked out a Sales Site?? ... Price structure/ shipping options?? ... From the picture, it looks like I'm seeing the back of a "white" EDGE ...perhaps a 2008....with no license plate frame??... From a photo shoot?? ... Excuse me...IF...I sound a little skeptical.... :shades: ..Just lookin' out for my k-noggin.........Sr...

I have recieved 15 inquires over the past week and have decided to distribute the item. I took the picture on the back of a new Edge yesterday( I am NO PRO :hysterical: ) I will be selling the item for $29.95 plus shipping. Check out my website (aslauto.com) and let the orders roll :happy feet:

Went to your website and couldn't find the item or picture. Post the url where this item is.

I have recieved 15 inquires over the past week and have decided to distribute the item. I took the picture on the back of a new Edge yesterday( I am NO PRO :hysterical: ) I will be selling the item for $29.95 plus shipping. Check out my website (aslauto.com) and let the orders roll :happy feet:

Went to your website and couldn't find the item or picture. Post the url where this item is.

This item is taking off faster than I can get it on my site :rockon: . Please give me another day. My site is not capable of accepting orders for this item, yet! If you are interested please call my office (914) 633-1550 and ask for Josephine.

• 2 weeks later...
Negotiated for this at close of sale. My Explorer had Chrome/Composite bumpers and could take (and did!) just about anything. Not these bumpers. I'll be happy to have it installed. Until it's installed and the cargo mat comes in, my dog can't go ;)

I have sold a few of these item to board members, please post your opinion of the product once you have installed it.

http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/fas/b2...p;extmodel=Edge

click on 'exterior' , then 'covers/protectors', then 'rear bumper protector'....I got one, took all of 5 minutes to install, looks great!!

Rear Bumper Protector

Part Number: 7T4Z-17B807-AA

MSRP: $55.00

Affix this scuff-resistant vinyl applique to the top of your vehicle’s rear bumper in order to help protect the upper surface from paint damage that can occur during the loading and unloading of cargo.

Fits:

Ford Edge 2008 2007

Without any disrespect to Ford Motor Company or ClubwagonXLT-- But that item is a joke compaired to mine. It is more expensive and half the quality of mine. Take a good look at my photos and decide for yourself along with more than 20 board members :hyper:

20 board members have bought this from you?

I bought one and received it a week later. I just put it on my edge and i think it looks great! I like it better than the Ford one because it is thicker and looks more rugged (im not sure thats the word i mean to use, but its not coming to mind). The ford product simply looks like a thin decal that wouldnt offer as much protection. To each his own though. You cant go wrong either way, though my preference is obvious.

post-1115-1192580261_thumb.jpg

post-1115-1192580241_thumb.jpg

For those that bought the bumper protector from aslauto - any issues with the rear hatch coming in contact with the protector? Body gaps just aren't what they used to be... :shades:

For those that bought the protector from Ford - any issues with durability/scuffing?

The ASL bumper protector does NOT have any issues with the rear hatch.

Thank you for your positive feedback.

For those that bought the bumper protector from aslauto - any issues with the rear hatch coming in contact with the protector? Body gaps just aren't what they used to be... :shades:

For those that bought the protector from Ford - any issues with durability/scuffing?

I bought the OEM bumber protector. No issues with durability or scuffing. It should be a standard item. You don't even notice it, but it was a PITA making sure that the bumper didn't get a scratch or scuff before I got it.

• 2 months later...

The bumper protectors that are shown here do nothing more than protect the top side of the bumper. The real area that gets scratched is the edge of the first angle at the top of the bumper, it angles down at about 30 degrees. I am looking for a protector that extends past the flat surface at the top of the bumper.

Anyone come up with anything yet?

The bumper protectors that are shown here do nothing more than protect the top side of the bumper. The real area that gets scratched is the edge of the first angle at the top of the bumper, it angles down at about 30 degrees. I am looking for a protector that extends past the flat surface at the top of the bumper.

Anyone come up with anything yet?

You can find out quite a bit about this issue from page 1 of this thread. I bought the OEM protector and while I'm not dissatisfied, it really is little more than an appliqué. Here is a link that shows one which is considerably thicker and more what most SUVs come with. http://aslauto.com/bumper.htm It still only protects the top surface but it might do what you want. See what you think.

Edited by rcrose

You can find out quite a bit about this issue from page 1 of this thread. I bought the OEM protector and while I'm not dissatisfied, it really is little more than an appliqué. Here is a link that shows one which is considerably thicker and more what most SUVs come with. http://aslauto.com/bumper.htm It still only protects the top surface but it might do what you want. See what you think.

:hyper: Anyone know the price as I did not see it on the web? and no answer on the weekend.

:hyper: Anyone know the price as I did not see it on the web? and no answer on the weekend.

From an October post by TSPAD:

I found a great product for the Edge and MKX rear bumper. This item is called a Bumper Saver. It is made of a black rubberized compound, looks like the bumper pad found on a Explorer, is easy to install and only cost me $29.95. This item is so nice that I am considering distributing the item. If anyone is interested shoot me an email and I will forward a photo. If you are interested please call my office (914) 633-1550 and ask for Josephine.