Rear Bumper Saver

It's in the general Edge accessory catalogue available at your dealer. There are also several better priced (and equally good, if not better) bumper guards on eBay.

I negotiated one with the sale of the car...honestly these should be standard. They're great.

Was looking at the aftermarket ones that were discussed. I have a 100# Golden Retriver who likes to launch himself .... both in and out ....

Don't like Evil-Bay .....

Edited by Jaak in TO

I have sold a few of these item to board members, please post your opinion of the product once you have installed it.

Have received mine March 13 and installed Mar 14. Fits and installs well, looks to be quite sturdy and covers the back bumper well and looks real good too. Comes with two strips of adhesive (longitudinal) as well as two vials of glue enhancer to ensure that it adheres well. Does not interfere with closure of the liftgate.post-2420-1205609729_thumb.jpg

Edited by lenko

Have received mine March 13 and installed Mar 14. Fits and installs well, looks to be quite sturdy and covers the back bumper well and looks real good too. Comes with two strips of adhesive (longitudinal) as well as two vials of glue enhancer to ensure that it adheres well. Does not interfere with closure of the liftgate.post-2420-1205609729_thumb.jpg

right on, more accessories!!!!!

where did you buy that lenko?

I WANT ONE!

At aslauto.com. It's talked about earlier in this thread. Email Josephine. Mine cost 34.95 (Raised prices I guess).

Lenko

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for supporting the "Bumper Saver". It has been a while since I have posted any updates, sorry, so here goes. I have had to raise the price to $34.95 due to the products raw materials being based with petroleum. The two tubes that I send along with the bumper savers are not adhesive. They are adhesion promoters for the 3M double faced tape, which makes the bumper saver near impossible to remove. We have been shipping the product via Fed Ex ground and it runs around $9.00 to a residential address. We have sold about 40 of these items and I thank everyone for their support.

Tony

At aslauto.com. It's talked about earlier in this thread. Email Josephine. Mine cost 34.95 (Raised prices I guess).

Lenko

Called her today and ordered one .... she needs to add more info here on contacts.

She does ship to Canada via USPS which is the prefered method ... no broker fees!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone who bought this bumper saver from Auto Sunroof of Larchmont experienced getting a faulty one? Mine has the top black layer cracking and flaking all over the place. I noticed it when I was going to install it with my husband. At first we thought it was just where it was folded in half in the box, but paying more close attention I found the whole thing was cracking and soon to be flaking too. It's weird. They told me to take a picture of it. I forgot to last night, but I will tonight. I hope if I get another that it won't be this way because I really like it. It's thick and sturdy looking.

Bumper Protector Info:

Thanks to this site I have sold hundreds of Edge/MKX bumper savers. Unfortunately I have taken the product temporarily off the market due to quality issues from my current supplier. I am currently shopping for a new supplier, but everyone I have contacted is giving me cost figures of more than double of what I was paying. If I am able to bring this product back to market the cost will be double of what I am charging now. Thanks for everyone's support and stay tuned!

Tony

Edited by tspad

Bumper Protector Info:

Thanks to this site I have sold hundreds of Edge/MKX bumper savers. Unfortunately I have taken the product temporarily off the market due to quality issues from my current supplier. I am currently shopping for a new supplier, but everyone I have contacted is giving me cost figures of more than double of what I was paying. If I am able to bring this product back to market the cost will be double of what I am charging now. Thanks for everyone's support and stay tuned!

Tony

Once again proving the old adage - you get what you pay for!

Bumper Protector Info:

Tony

I love mine.. and it seems fine (except for some pin hole air bubble spots that are no real big deal I saw from day one).

but my question is, what does this mean for those of us that have had one for many, many months? were those older ones from a different batch/supplier and so should be okay over their life and not affected, or are they all from the same supplier and we have a future of bumper savers falling apart on us to look forward to?

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone who bought this bumper saver from Auto Sunroof of Larchmont experienced getting a faulty one? Mine has the top black layer cracking and flaking all over the place. I noticed it when I was going to install it with my husband. At first we thought it was just where it was folded in half in the box, but paying more close attention I found the whole thing was cracking and soon to be flaking too. It's weird. They told me to take a picture of it. I forgot to last night, but I will tonight. I hope if I get another that it won't be this way because I really like it. It's thick and sturdy looking.

Something that thick (at least from the way it looked in the pictures) was folded in half in the box?

I was waiting to see how other people liked this bumper saver versus Ford's accessory bumper save. I guess I'm glad I didn't buy the non-Ford one.

I was waiting to see how other people liked this bumper saver versus Ford's accessory bumper save. I guess I'm glad I didn't buy the non-Ford one.

on the contrary... I love mine. I think if you follow this thread, you will see many people happy with theirs, it is no until this latest last batch that things went afoul for a few people.

anyway, there is also another not Ford model sold on eBay FWIW.

on the contrary... I love mine. I think if you follow this thread, you will see many people happy with theirs, it is no until this latest last batch that things went afoul for a few people.

anyway, there is also another not Ford model sold on eBay FWIW.

got link? Sucks I cant get one now, was looking forward to getting one.

yep.. that is the link I would have provided

BTW.. just a note on this I have thought off.. if this is very important for you to have, as it was me, until I saw the one that was made I had fully planned to buy one from another car maker. In looking around at this as I walk or road by cars, I see that the curve and design on these all are very similar. Point is, you might be able to put a little effort in find one by Acura, Subaru, Audi, blah blah that fits perfect and has no maker imprint on it. Like I said, I have, while riding by, looked at hundreds of these on cars and think it would be possible to find one by someone else that has a good fitting curve and design.

• 3 weeks later...

I am absolutely astonished that after 2 years, it is still impossible to find a QUALITY (the ford part ain't it) piece of rubber for our bumper tops.

Astonished...

I think I will write a letter to MacNeil. They are great with stuff like this. Who knows...

The one on my Explorer was VERY nice. Does anyone know if it will fit the edge bumper top? I don't remember if it had an explorer name in it or not though...

-Larry

• 10 months later...
yep.. that is the link I would have provided

BTW.. just a note on this I have thought off.. if this is very important for you to have, as it was me, until I saw the one that was made I had fully planned to buy one from another car maker. In looking around at this as I walk or road by cars, I see that the curve and design on these all are very similar. Point is, you might be able to put a little effort in find one by Acura, Subaru, Audi, blah blah that fits perfect and has no maker imprint on it. Like I said, I have, while riding by, looked at hundreds of these on cars and think it would be possible to find one by someone else that has a good fitting curve and design.

can anyone see if this nissan murano chrome bumper protector works. I like how it wraps down alittle on the front of the bumper and not just the top.

http://www.nissanusa.com/murano/accessories.html

I don't have access to a Murano to see and that thing is $$$ just to try out.

Edited by jscavo

I think the only thing you can do is take a sketch + measurements of the Edge bumper and keep them handy and when you see something like the Murano, measure it up and compare. I bet you can find one from another maker. It just may be a PITA to get done. But, so many cars have a similar style and curve rear.. something else has got to fit.