SCT Custom Tunes for '12-'13 Sport 3.7L

dark sport

Theres been some talk on this forum about a quality tuner & tunes for our '12-'13 Edge Sport 3.7L & 3.5L. Being an SCT dealer with my Mustang & Hemi CAI business, I've talked to SCT directly. They have no "canned" tunes for the '12-'13 Sport 3.7L or 3.5L at this time, not enough demand.

But, there are individual SCT dealer performance shops that have custom tunes for your Sport, SE, SEL, or Limited "if" they've tuned an Edge 3.7L or 3.5L V6 with the same PCM (computer) code & fuel/air/timing perimeters as yours.

One is MPT Performance, Longwood, FL. I emailed Mike about my '13 Edge Sport along with a photo of my PCM code/info. He has custom tuned a '12 Edge Sport 3.7L with my '13's PCM #HGW3 & perimeters. Being little, if anything has changed between the two years engines, drivetrain, computer fuel/air/timing perimeters, he said, "I'm good to go." Check with him if your interested, maybe he can help you out as well. A very helpful, fast replying guy!

You can buy the SCT X3 tuner loaded with tunes, or just the tunes if you have an "unlocked" SCT X3 tuner you can load/use.

http://www.morepowertuning.com/edge

These tunes will work with either stock intake or K&N CAI (which is similar size & air flow as stock). NOTE: Your PCM can adjust on it's own 10% +/- air flow. Hence how it runs well in either hot thin/less summer air and cold dense/more winter air. Better actually in winter because more air equals more hp & torque.

If you know of any other SCT performance shop w/tunes let us know :)

Edited by dark sport

• 1 year later...

I'd recommend Torrie at http://unleashedtuning.com/. He's got years of experience writing custom tunes for Fords. Everything from a GT40 to Mustangs, Taurus SHO, Sport Trac, Focus, Edge, etc. I bought a SCT X3 w/custom tunes from him years ago for my '04 Sport Trac Adrenalin. His customer service is outstanding. He responds to emails very promptly, and if you need changes/tweaks to the tunes after buying the tuner, he'll do it for free for life and just email the new tunes to you. An X4 w/custom tunes from him for my Edge is on the mod list.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Received the x4 from Torrie @ unleashed yesterday, he built 2 tunes... an 87 & 91 octane. I haven't tuned the car yet, trying to find out if anyone else has used this tuner and tunes from torrie for the 2013 ford edge sport??? I know there are a ton of user options once you install the tune but I have no clue which ones I should change or just leave it alone??

anyone have any experience with this???

thanks,

Best to leave the options alone, don't fine tune the tune. That's what you paid Torrie for. Once you have loaded the tune, it has flashed the PCM, so it will take a little bit for the PCM to relearn. After that, you can create some datalogs for Torrie to look at if you want. Torrie can check to see if there is room for improvement and/or address any specific issues you discover.

• Like 1