What did you pay for your 2008 Edge?

gfhii

I just emailed all my dealers and on a loaded AWD Limited, $38-39k MSRP, I'm hearing back $4k-5k off sticker ($500-$1000 below invoice) from pretty much all dealers. This is without doing more than filling out the request a quote on ford.com.

Can I get them down any further? I figured I could, but after reading this forum it seems like I'm getting good deals out the gate. I'd really like to be in the $30-31k which I can definitely do with some option cutting.

The fuel economy is the only concern I have at this point.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds better than an X-Plan which gets you a couple hundred below invoice. I just picked up an 08 Limited AWD, White Sand, Med. Stone leather, Vista, Cargo MGMT, Weather Mats, 18" Chrome Clads for 33K. MSRP 35K. With trade and rebates 27.7K.

Your target should be able to be met if you cut out some of the frills, Nav, Power lift, Cheap Ass cargo cover, 20"s. Oval

I just emailed all my dealers and on a loaded AWD Limited, $38-39k MSRP, I'm hearing back $4k-5k off sticker ($500-$1000 below invoice) from pretty much all dealers. This is without doing more than filling out the request a quote on ford.com.

Can I get them down any further? I figured I could, but after reading this forum it seems like I'm getting good deals out the gate. I'd really like to be in the $30-31k which I can definitely do with some option cutting.

The fuel economy is the only concern I have at this point.

Hi U235. :D Unfortunately you are quoting very general numbers: $38-39K MSRP, 4-5K off sticker, $500-$1,000 below Invoice. There is a lot of play in those numbers ($2,500 worth of play).

How much Incentive money is involved in that pricing? At this point, do you have any idea how much in extra fees and charges the Dealer will tack onto the Final Purchase Contract (which they rarely reveal until you sit down to sign the papers)?

If you really want to know whether you are getting a good deal, you should do the following: Go to FordDirect.com and click on the "Search Inventory" button. Follow the prompts to find an Edge that is just like, or close to what you are looking for. For the best comparison, try to find one optioned exactly like the one you were quoted a price for.

When you find one (in your ZIP Code, or any other ZIP Code), come back here and post the VIN and model type (SE, Limited, etc), along with the name and ZIP Code of the Dealership.

Once you have done that, we can find out the exact pricing, available Incentives in your area, etc etc, and give you an accurate answer to your question.

Let us know when you have that information.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Well yeah I'm "assuming" this is with no additional fees besides the typical license, docs, dest charge, docs, etc. I'm also in Texas where the Ford dealers are FREAKING HUGE and everywhere. I think they're more aggressive as when I lived in Los Angeles, the Ford dealer felt a lot like an import dealer.

Ford

Edge

Limited

$38240

-$4482

$33758

That's the last deal I got in email. It's not on a specific car, but for the first email EVER from a dealer it's not bad. Dealers never give their best rate out at first contact.

The Edge we want would be:

AWD, Limited

+ Nav

+ Lift Gate

+ Moonroof

+ Tow Hitch

I think that's it; we don't want rear entertainment, 20s or the special two-tone leather. I think stickers comes to $39xxx.

Well yeah I'm "assuming" this is with no additional fees besides the typical license, docs, dest charge, docs, etc. I'm also in Texas where the Ford dealers are FREAKING HUGE and everywhere. I think they're more aggressive as when I lived in Los Angeles, the Ford dealer felt a lot like an import dealer.

Ford

Edge

Limited

$38240

-$4482

$33758

That's the last deal I got in email. It's not on a specific car, but for the first email EVER from a dealer it's not bad. Dealers never give their best rate out at first contact.

The Edge we want would be:

AWD, Limited

+ Nav

+ Lift Gate

+ Moonroof

+ Tow Hitch

I think that's it; we don't want rear entertainment, 20s or the special two-tone leather. I think stickers comes to $39xxx.

Hi U235. :D Let me first say that I hope you understand I am giving you this information to inform and assist you, not to aggravate you.

Having stated that, here is where the problems begin. You state that "I'm 'assuming' this is with no additional fees besides the typical license, docs, dest charge, docs, etc.

Paying most of those fees and charges on top of the agreed upon price is not "typical". What good is an "agreed upon price" that seems good, if they then pack a load of fees and charges onto it.

Most of those fees and charges you mention are profit packers that Dealers tack onto the sale price of unsuspecting customers. So right off the bat, if you think those fees and charges are "typical", you are ripe to be ripped off.

First of all, any Destination Charge is already included in the MSRP and should not be added by a Dealer. Additionally, the only fees you should "expect" to pay are your State Tax, State Title and State Registration. Everything else is basically bogus charges. No other way to describe it. Don't mean to sound harsh, but you need to understand this from the beginning.

Next, I offered you a specific set of directions (go to FordDirect.com etc etc) you could follow to allow us to get you a specific price on a specific vehicle, but you did not follow them. That is the only way you can get an accurate answer. Otherwise, you will get a bunch of guesses that may be accurate, or may not be. Either way, they are still just guesses, so how do you know which may be accurate and which are not?

You need to go to FordDirect and find an appropriate vehicle, then post the requested information here. Then instead of wild guesses, we can give you accurate information.

Edited by bbf2530

And I've just begun my search and am not going to string dealers on until I've decided I want an Edge. I was just surprised with the deals being quoted over email without any haggle; that was my only observation.

I appreciate your advice, and when push comes to shove, an agreed upon price is an agreed upon price, like I mentioned there are some fees that are unavoidable here like sales tax, registration, safety inspection, etc. Besides tax, the rest of the fees total like $100.

And I've just begun my search and am not going to string dealers on until I've decided I want an Edge. I was just surprised with the deals being quoted over email without any haggle; that was my only observation.

I appreciate your advice, and when push comes to shove, an agreed upon price is an agreed upon price, like I mentioned there are some fees that are unavoidable here like sales tax, registration, safety inspection, etc. Besides tax, the rest of the fees total like $100.

Hi U235. :D Unfortunately, either my directions were not clear, or you misread them, as they do not include contacting any Dealers or "stringing them along". It was only asking you to do 5-10 minutes of Internet research on the FordDirect.com website, and to post the results of what you found back here.

FordDirect.com is just a Ford website that lists Dealer Inventories. It does not involve contacting any Dealers or Dealer personnel.

Since you did not want to take that time, I will respect your decision.

Your original post asked if the offer you had was a good one and "Can I get them down any further?". We let you know that there was not enough accurate pricing information provided to correctly answer, and tried to explain how you could provide us the information needed to help you, that's all.

Since you feel you have everything under control, I wish you the best of luck in your shopping.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

I freaking LOVE internet forums. I understand in a PERFECT world all the details would be nice, but I just don't see the difference in finding a specific vehicle as oppossed to optioning one out on the web site and seeing the MSRP is $39,2XX. MSRP is constant, Forddirect is going to say the CAR I want which may not even exist locally is $39,2XX.

Thus, is $4,500-$5,000 OFF OF THAT a good deal? I think you're making this more difficult then it needs to be. There are not other variables for me; no trade-in, no loan, etc. I'm talking about a cash deal.

The reason I can't do your little 5 minute thing (which I already tried) is that finding AWD cars in Austin is not easy. Hence, I'd need to widen my search or wait for one to show up (there are a couple in my area, but none that meet my options preference). Thus, MSRP is what I'm working with.

Since you'll find some reason to flex your roid'd out e-muscles, I will search in another state and provide you: Well crap, I still can't find my exact model, but here's something close (which isn't far off from where I started in my first posts):

VIN = 2FMDK49C48BA53810

MSRP = $38,700

Invoice = $36,350

Basically add $500 to that to get to my $39,2XX I got from the Ford website. I don't understand at all how this limited info is going to tell me if $4,5000-$5,000 off sticker is a good deal now when it wasn't before.

Thanks again for your help, but seriously, check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xanax

PS - My jokes are meant in good fun and not to be taken personally! Thanks again for the help!

Edited by U235

I freaking LOVE internet forums. I understand in a PERFECT world all the details would be nice, but I just don't see the difference in finding a specific vehicle as oppossed to optioning one out on the web site and seeing the MSRP is $39,2XX. MSRP is constant, Forddirect is going to say the CAR I want which may not even exist locally is $39,2XX.

Thus, is $4,500-$5,000 OFF OF THAT a good deal? I think you're making this more difficult then it needs to be. There are not other variables for me; no trade-in, no loan, etc. I'm talking about a cash deal.

The reason I can't do your little 5 minute thing (which I already tried) is that finding AWD cars in Austin is not easy. Hence, I'd need to widen my search or wait for one to show up (there are a couple in my area, but none that meet my options preference). Thus, MSRP is what I'm working with.

Since you'll find some reason to flex your roid'd out e-muscles, I will search in another state and provide you: Well crap, I still can't find my exact model, but here's something close (which isn't far off from where I started in my first posts):

VIN = 2FMDK49C48BA53810

MSRP = $38,700

Invoice = $36,350

Basically add $500 to that to get to my $39,2XX I got from the Ford website. I don't understand at all how this limited info is going to tell me if $4,5000-$5,000 off sticker is a good deal now when it wasn't before.

Thanks again for your help, but seriously, check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xanax

PS - My jokes are meant in good fun and not to be taken personally! Thanks again for the help!

Hi U235. If you were to check, you would find that I and several others on this forum also do the bulk of the price checking for people on the Blue Oval Forums. We take pride in trying to give accurate information, not just guessing. I will leave the guessing to others.

Among other variables, Incentives vary by region (sometimes by very large amounts). So an accurate answer concerning how good a price is cannot be given without more accurate information.

As I stated earlier, since you feel you have everything under control, I wish you the best of luck with your shopping.

By the way, Xanax is also often prescribed for ADD related reading disorders. So on a related topic, as noted in my earlier post we need the name and ZIP Code of the Dealership in addition to the VIN. So due to the incomplete information, I cannot help you.

Good luck.

PS - My jokes are also meant in good fun and not to be taken personally!

Edited by bbf2530

Hi U235. :D Unfortunately you are quoting very general numbers: $38-39K MSRP, 4-5K off sticker, $500-$1,000 below Invoice. There is a lot of play in those numbers ($2,500 worth of play).

How much Incentive money is involved in that pricing? At this point, do you have any idea how much in extra fees and charges the Dealer will tack onto the Final Purchase Contract (which they rarely reveal until you sit down to sign the papers)?

If you really want to know whether you are getting a good deal, you should do the following: Go to FordDirect.com and click on the "Search Inventory" button. Follow the prompts to find an Edge that is just like, or close to what you are looking for. For the best comparison, try to find one optioned exactly like the one you were quoted a price for.

When you find one (in your ZIP Code, or any other ZIP Code), come back here and post the VIN and model type (SE, Limited, etc), along with the name and ZIP Code of the Dealership.

Once you have done that, we can find out the exact pricing, available Incentives in your area, etc etc, and give you an accurate answer to your question.

Let us know when you have that information.

Is this a good deal?

Sun & Sync Lease (advertised on American Idol)

VIN #2FMDK38CX8BA86189

2008 Ford Edge SEL (w/ panoramic sunroof, leather, flexible seating package)

Zip code: 93033 (dealer location), 90045 (registration location)

Total cost down: $2600 (and some change... don't have the exact figure on me)

Monthly payment: $307 / month (36 month lease, 1st payment included in down payment above)

Lease Rate: 2%

Is this a good deal?

Sun & Sync Lease (advertised on American Idol)

VIN #2FMDK38CX8BA86189

2008 Ford Edge SEL (w/ panoramic sunroof, leather, flexible seating package)

Zip code: 93033 (dealer location), 90045 (registration location)

Total cost down: $2600 (and some change... don't have the exact figure on me)

Monthly payment: $307 / month (36 month lease, 1st payment included in down payment above)

Lease Rate: 2%

Hi kalphoto. :D I want to make it clear up front that my area of expertise lies more in Purchasing than Leasing, but I will give you my opinion.

The Edge you listed was actually at RE Barber Ford, ZIP Code 93003 (not 93033) so it took a little time to find it. The MSRP is $30,725.

Not sure what they are charging you as an "Acquisition Cost" (the 93003 ZIP Code currently shows no Regional Incentive Cash Offers that I can find). Also, you do not mention your annual mileage limit.

Anyway, considering the figures you mention, your "Out of Pocket" would be $13,345 over the full term of a 36 month Lease ($307 X 35 months (first month included in the down payment) + $2600 = $13,345.

That would mean your total "Out of Pocket" would be less than 44% of the original MSRP of the vehicle.

In general, that is a better than average Leasing Cost than is normally mentioned around the Forums, as long as your mileage is not more restricted than usual, and there are no other "surprises" when you sign the final contracts.

I am not a huge fan of Leasing (due to the added layers of cost and complexity). But who cares what I think! :hysterical:

In my opinion, it would seem to be a pretty good deal.

Edited by bbf2530

Hi kalphoto. :D I want to make it clear up front that my area of expertise lies more in Purchasing than Leasing, but I will give you my opinion.

The Edge you listed was actually at RE Barber Ford, ZIP Code 93003 (not 93033) so it took a little time to find it. The MSRP is $30,725. Not sure what they are charging you as an "Acquisition Cost" (the 93003 ZIP Code currently shows no Incentive Cash that I can find), nor what your annual mileage limit is.

Anyway, considering the figures you mention, your "Out of Pocket" would be $13,345 over the full term of a 36 month Lease ($307 X 35 months (first month included in the down payment) + $2600 = $13,345.

That would mean your total "Out of Pocket" would be less than 44% of the original MSRP of the vehicle.

In general, that is a better than average Leasing Cost than is normally mentioned around the Forums, as long as your mileage is not more restricted than usual, and there are no other "surprises" when you sign the final contracts.

While I am not a fan of Leasing due to added layers of cost and complexity, in my opinion, it would seem to be a pretty good deal.

Based on our needs, leasing is what we are aiming towards. FYI, the mileage allowed is 12K per year. Thanks for the help.

Based on our needs, leasing is what we are aiming towards. FYI, the mileage allowed is 12K per year. Thanks for the help.

Hi kalphoto. :D It would definitely seem like a good deal, now that we know they did not squeeze you on the annual mileage.

Also, I completely understand how Leasing is the better choice for some people, and certainly respect your decision.

Like I said, who cares what I think! :hysterical:

Best of luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

What would an excellent end of month price (not counting TTL) be for a

2008 Edge SE

from Norris Ford zipcode 21222

VIN 2FMDK36C18BA25073

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Hi Rockfish. :D Well, here is what I can tell you:

That Edge has an MSRP of $27,140.

The "Invoice Price" is $26,051.

There are currently two Incentives on that vehicle. $1,500 Retail Customer Cash and $400 Bonus Customer Cash. These Incentives are currently set to expire on 3/31/08.

Invoice minus those Incentives (if you can qualify for both) would be $24,151. You should use this as your baseline price for negotiations.

Here is my opinion. If you can get within several hundred dollars of that $24,151 figure (Invoice Price minus Incentives), you would have achieved an "Excellent" price.

So if you can get your pricing before TT&L down to $24,300-$24,400 or so, you can assume you have a good deal. Of course, the closer to $24,151 (or lower if you can get it :shades: ) the better.

Also, when I say $24,300-$24,400 I mean including all Fees and Charges except TT&L. Do not let them give you a "lowball price", then discover that they tack on $500-$1,000 in extra Fees to the "lowball price". This is a favorite tactic of many/most Dealers.

Please understand that this is only my opinion, and there are other variables that need to be taken into account which I can not predict. For example, I notice that Dealer has fewer Edge's in stock than is normal, and that is the only 2008 SE they have in stock. So perhaps demand is high in your area. Or maybe it is just a small Dealership? I don't know. These are variables that I cannot predict, but can affect negotiations.

I am sure others will have their own opinions concerning your question.

Let us know how you make out and good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Thanks for the info but do you know why there is a $271 different between the invoice price in your reply which was $26,051 and the invoice price on Edmunds which is $25,780. I listed the Edmund results below.

Price Information------------------------MSRP---------------Edmund's Invoice

STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE------------$25,330.00--------$24,135.00

CONVENIENCE GROUP------------------$355.00------------$302.00

REAR CARGO MANAGEMENT SYSTEM-$65.00--------------$55.00

SYNC VOICE ACTIVATED SYSTEM----$395.00-------------$336.00

ROOF RAILS-BLACK--------------------$95.00---------------$81.00

SIRIUS SAT RADIO W/6 MOS SVC----$195.00-------------$166.00

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS------------$26,435.00---------$25,075.00

DESTINATION & DELIVERY-------------$705.00-------------$705.00

TOTAL MSRP-----------------------------$27,140.00----------$25,780.00

Thanks for the info but do you know why there is a $271 different between the invoice price in your reply which was $26,051 and the invoice price on Edmunds which is $25,780. I listed the Edmund results below.

Price Information------------------------MSRP---------------Edmund's Invoice

STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE------------$25,330.00--------$24,135.00

CONVENIENCE GROUP------------------$355.00------------$302.00

REAR CARGO MANAGEMENT SYSTEM-$65.00--------------$55.00

SYNC VOICE ACTIVATED SYSTEM----$395.00-------------$336.00

ROOF RAILS-BLACK--------------------$95.00---------------$81.00

SIRIUS SAT RADIO W/6 MOS SVC----$195.00-------------$166.00

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS------------$26,435.00---------$25,075.00

DESTINATION & DELIVERY-------------$705.00-------------$705.00

TOTAL MSRP-----------------------------$27,140.00----------$25,780.00

Hi Rockfish. :D Yes. This has caused confusion many times in the past.

The "Edmunds Invoice Price" is an estimate. It does not include certain charges which can vary from vehicle to vehicle, and Edmunds does not have access to. If you read into the fine print on the Edmunds site, this is explained.

Here is the first paragraph of that explanation, copied and pasted from Edmunds (the full explanation is much longer):

"The invoice price does not include any fees that may be charged by the manufacturer to dealers in a particular area of the country, such as local advertising fees, dealer association fees, or docking and storage fees. Edmunds.com does not track or provide such local fees."

The Invoice Price I quoted is the exact Invoice Price from Ford. It is correct to the penny.

Hope this information helps.

Edited by bbf2530

Hi Rockfish. :D Yes. This has caused confusion many times in the past.

The "Edmunds Invoice Price" is an estimate. It does not include certain charges which can vary from vehicle to vehicle, and Edmunds does not have access to. If you read into the fine print on the Edmunds site, this is explained.

Here is the first paragraph of that explanation, copied and pasted from Edmunds (the full explanation is much longer):

"The invoice price does not include any fees that may be charged by the manufacturer to dealers in a particular area of the country, such as local advertising fees, dealer association fees, or docking and storage fees. Edmunds.com does not track or provide such local fees."

The Invoice Price I quoted is the exact Invoice Price from Ford. It is correct to the penny.

Hope this information helps.

bbf2530,

does your information to the exact invoice price show any detail? Specifically, is the different between Edmund's invoice price and Ford's invoice price a fee or are the individual line items showing a difference.

Thanks for your help.

bbf2530,

does your information to the exact invoice price show any detail? Specifically, is the different between Edmund's invoice price and Ford's invoice price a fee or are the individual line items showing a difference.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Rockfish. :D No there are no details or individual line items. The Invoice price I gave you is the true Invoice Price, directly from the Ford AXZD-Plan website.

In the past, Edmunds "Invoice Pricing" for the options and option packages (I assume that is what you mean by "line items"?) have been relatively accurate. It is the additional "cost of doing business charges" which Edmunds does not include (explained in the quotes I included from Edmunds below).

The quote I copied and pasted from Edmunds describing their "Invoice Price" explains it best. Here it is again: "The invoice price does not include any fees that may be charged by the manufacturer to dealers in a particular area of the country, such as local advertising fees, dealer association fees, or docking and storage fees. Edmunds.com does not track or provide such local fees."

In fact, further into the full quote, Edmunds explains how a buyer should use the "True Market Value Price" (TMV) they have developed, as it is a more accurate benchmark than the "Invoice Price" they have listed. Here is that quote, copied and pasted: Accordingly, determining the dealer's actual net cost is difficult even for seasoned automotive insiders. This is why we developed the Edmunds.com True Market Value® (TMV®) pricing system, which is our determination of what other consumers are actually paying for the vehicle. The TMV® accounts for the effect of all of the manufacturer's extra charges as well as the dealer's hidden subsidies, and we believe it is the most important price to know when negotiating your purchase.

In other words, Edmunds "Invoice Price" does not include certain costs which are part of every manufacturers true "Invoice Price", because they do not have access to the information and do not know the actual cost/values. Their "Invoice Price" is just a partial estimate.

Those quotes are just the first and last paragraphs of a long explanation in which Edmunds tells their readers that the Invoice Price they give is essentially only an estimate and not completely accurate (Base and option prices are accurate, total is close but incomplete). They go into much more detail on their website. Unfortunately, most people do not click on the link for the full explanation and proceed on the false assumption that it is accurate.

In general, we have discovered that the Edmunds "Invoice Price" (estimate) is usually approximately $200-$400 low, according to vehicle and other variables.

I apologize for being repetitive, but I am trying to explain in as complete a manner as I can, and figure better safe than sorry.

In addition, if my explanation is sort of fuzzy, perhaps reading the full explanation at the Edmunds site would be clearer?

Trust me, the Invoice Price I quoted in my earlier post is the correct Invoice Price from the Ford AXZD-Plan website, down to the penny. Ford knows their exact Invoice Price, Edmunds is just a close estimate.

Edited by bbf2530

Paid under $42,000 with X-plan in Canada. It's fully loaded except for the DVD .. not with the BAMR. Didn't go with the rear seat DVD ... no need for it.

I was curious as to the price difference between USA & canada and have noticed that the Canadian models all come pretty well equipt. There is not much to add vs the USA models. We seem to get it all in ... where as the USA you need to add each item in.

Mine was $4000 less than MSRP at the time. Dealership I used is one where our large gets their vehicles from. They did give me a decent trade-in on the 2003 Landrover Discovery SE-7 (which had been rear ended & repaired), which saved on the sales tax (15% Federal & Provincial combined). When I drove a rental in Lost Wages ... there was less on that vehicle than what comes with up here.

Hi Rockfish. :D Well, here is what I can tell you:

That Edge has an MSRP of $27,140.

The "Invoice Price" is $26,051.

There are currently two Incentives on that vehicle. $1,500 Retail Customer Cash and $400 Bonus Customer Cash. These Incentives are currently set to expire on 3/31/08.

Invoice minus those Incentives (if you can qualify for both) would be $24,151. You should use this as your baseline price for negotiations.

Here is my opinion. If you can get within several hundred dollars of that $24,151 figure (Invoice Price minus Incentives), you would have achieved an "Excellent" price.

So if you can get your pricing before TT&L down to $24,300-$24,400 or so, you can assume you have a good deal. Of course, the closer to $24,151 (or lower if you can get it :shades: ) the better.

Also, when I say $24,300-$24,400 I mean including all Fees and Charges except TT&L. Do not let them give you a "lowball price", then discover that they tack on $500-$1,000 in extra Fees to the "lowball price". This is a favorite tactic of many/most Dealers.

I pulled the trigger today on the above new 2008 Edge SE. The final price was $24,213.21 plus TTL which is $62.21 over the Ford invoice price you supplied of $24,151 and is in the excellent range. The price includes the $1,900 in rebates. They actually listed the price as $24,114.21 and $99 dealer processing fee. I really don't care how they divide the charges since I negotiate the OTD price. That is why the final price is an odd number.

Thanks again for your help in obtaining the true invoice price since that helped prevent me from running back and forth to different dealers to try to bargin for a piece of the $271 difference between the Edmunds invoice price and the actual Ford invoice price. With the true invoice price it was an easy back and forth negotiation with the Sales Manager.

I also had a trade in for which the dealer gave me 4 times the price that carmax offered.

All in all, I am very happy with the trade in deal, the excellent price of $62.21 over Ford invoice and my new Edge.

Now I will need to figure out the Sync system.

I pulled the trigger today on the above new 2008 Edge SE. The final price was $24,213.21 plus TTL which is $62.21 over the Ford invoice price you supplied of $24,151 and is in the excellent range. The price includes the $1,900 in rebates. They actually listed the price as $24,114.21 and $99 dealer processing fee. I really don't care how they divide the charges since I negotiate the OTD price. That is why the final price is an odd number.

Thanks again for your help in obtaining the true invoice price since that helped prevent me from running back and forth to different dealers to try to bargin for a piece of the $271 difference between the Edmunds invoice price and the actual Ford invoice price. With the true invoice price it was an easy back and forth negotiation with the Sales Manager.

I also had a trade in for which the dealer gave me 4 times the price that carmax offered.

All in all, I am very happy with the trade in deal, the excellent price of $62.21 over Ford invoice and my new Edge.

Now I will need to figure out the Sync system.

Hi Rockfish. :D You are very welcome. I'm glad you were able to work out a deal you were happy with.

Best of luck with your new Edge! :beerchug: