What did you pay for your 2008 Edge?

gfhii

looking at a 2008 Limited AWD with a MSRP $36210 before rebates. What can I get the dealer down too before getting throw out of the showroom?

also looking at

2008 SEL AWD @ $33335 would that get a better deal?

In the NY/NJ area

THanks

Hi jscavo. :D Far too little information to give any sort of accurate answer. An Edge Limited can still very in options and content.

As you can see by the many pages of this particular thread, over the Internet you will get some inaccurate answers and guesses, but do you really want to take the word of Internet strangers (who will make wild guesses with limited information) to make a decision on such an important purchase?

Your best course of action is to determine the Factory Invoice Price of your particular Edge. To do this, go to a site like Edmunds.com or Kbb.com and use their online tools to determine the Factory Invoice Price of an Edge Limited with the exact same options and equipment as the one you are looking at. Add about $300 to that figure and you will have a good approximate starting point for negotiations.

Of course, then you will still be entitled to any Incentives which you qualify for. Always negotiate the price before Incentives are deducted. They come from Ford, and you are entitled to them no matter what the negotiated price is with your Dealer. The Dealer will try and include Incentives in the negotiations. Do not fall for that trick.

Good luck. :beerchug:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

look at this deal on an AWD Limited 2009 with BAMR and pwr lift.

in NYS, MSPR $37075, invoice $34975, Internet price, $35775.

my deal; $35475 - $3750 (incent)=$31725 + TTL = $34995

any good or can do better?

Edited by jscavo

look at this deal on an AWD Limited 2009 with BAMR and pwr lift.

in NYS, MSPR $37075, invoice $34975, Internet price, $35775.

my deal; $35475 - $3750 (incent)=$31725 + TTL = $34995

any good or can do better?

Hi jscavo. :D Again, sparse information. How many miles are on this MKX? Less than 100 or does it have 500-600 or more demo miles on it?

If there are very few miles on it and the true Factory Invoice price is actually $34,975, I would be trying to get the pre-Incentive price down to $35,200. Giving you a purchase price before TT&L of $30.450.

More miles on it? I would ask for a larger discount.

But again, we can not be sure that is the actual Factory Invoice Price or a false price the Dealer showed you. Either way, in this economy, I would consider the starting figure of $35,475 too high.

Edited by bbf2530

Hi jscavo. :D Again, sparse information. How many miles are on this MKX? Less than 100 or does it have 500-600 or more demo miles on it?

If there are very few miles on it and the true Factory Invoice price is actually $34,975, I would be trying to get the pre-Incentive price down to $35,200. Giving you a purchase price before TT&L of $30.450.

More miles on it? I would ask for a larger discount.

But again, we can not be sure that is the actual Factory Invoice Price or a false price the Dealer showed you. Either way, in this economy, I would consider the starting figure of $35,475 too high.

Its an Edge and its a new 2009.

the 3750 incent is $3000 factory + the 750 coupon in mailed brochue. Its NYS so tax is 8.625% ($3059)

Edited by jscavo

Its an Edge and its a new 2009.

the 3750 incent is $3000 factory + the 750 coupon in mailed brochue. Its NYS so tax is 8.625% ($3059)

Hi jscalvo. :D Please believe that I am not trying to give you a hard time. I am trying to help you. However, you answered questions that were not asked and did not answer the two questions I did ask (how many miles are on it and did you actually see the Factory Invoice or just figures the Dealer told you?). Even a new car has miles on it, and the number can make a difference in the price negotiations.

You had already provided the MSRP and Incentive totals, and the Sales Tax rate is irrelevant for price negotiations.

If someone wants good advice, they need to provide the information asked for. If all you want is wild guesses, I will leave that up to others to give you wild guesses and coin flips.

Again, bottom line is if you saw the actual Factory Invoice and the Invoice Price was $34,975, I would try to negotiate the starting price to $35,200 (not $35,475).

If you did not see the actual Factory Invoice, then we do not know for sure that the Invoice Price is $34,975. I for one would certainly not take the Salesman's word for it.

Edited by bbf2530

there are 5 miles on the odometer and the factory invoice 34305 as optioned

Hi jscavo. :D Okay, now I am confused (even more). :hysterical:

Two things. First, getting answers is like puling teeth here. As I asked in my previous replies, how have you determined the Factory Invoice Price? Did you see the copy of the Factory Invoice or did the Dealer simply tell and/or give you handwritten figures? Do you have an unaltered copy of the Factory Invoice in your possession?

Until we know the answer to those questions concerning where you got the Invoice Price (prices) from, we can not assume that you have the correct Factory Invoice Price. And if you do not have the correct Factory Invoice Price, all of our pricing assumptions are worthless.

You need to understand that people often give us incorrect pricing information from unreliable sources, believing it to be correct. This is why we need to know where you got the Invoice Price information from.

Also, in your earlier posts you stated that the Factory Invoice Price was $34,975. Now you state that it is $34,305. Which is the correct number? We need to know the Factory Invoice Price including the Destination/Delivery and Fuel charges.

Again, unless you just want a coin flip answer, "Heads it's a good price, tails it's not", you need to supply answers to all of the questions asked.

If you would like assistance, please try to ease my confusion. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, this is my first post.

Last night I bought a 2008 SEL AWD, Dark Blue, 35,000 miles, certified pre-owned, Leather, Tow and Audio package for $19,652. I bought it at Fremont Ford. The initial salesman helped me out a lot, he was a good guy. The rest of the salesmen that actually negotiated the price and interest rate were douchebags until the GM came out, he was cool.

It was my first time buying a car.

• 1 month later...

Just got my 2008 AWD Limited a few weeks ago.

Nav

Leather

Sync

20's

Vista Roof

Tow package

Audio pkg

Power gate

Sirius Satellite Radio

Rear Parking Sensors

3,200 miles

I paid the sticker price of $31,900 (kbb was 36k). They also gave me $4,000 over my trade in value. I have had a couple little things fixed, all of which were covered under warranty (front wheel bearings and front passenger exterior door handle). Took it to a different dealer for repairs, since they actually have a decent shop. At first, they tried to make me pay for the handle, but pointing out the 3200 miles on the odo convinced them it was warranty work.

Overall, I got it for $10k under what it should have been, and barring any further problems, I am very happy. :happy feet:

Edited by jps6882

• 3 weeks later...