What did you pay for your 2008 Edge?

gfhii

Hi,

Because it is interesting and also a valuable tool for some, I thought folks might be interesting in sharing prices paid for their configuration of the Edge, or what they've been offered, for advice.

I bought mine recently (2008 Edge, AWD, Limited Edition - Vista Roof, Navigation System). I paid $33, 600, including the delivery fee. What do folks think of that price? And has anyone done better?

Chris

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

Because it is interesting and also a valuable tool for some, I thought folks might be interesting in sharing prices paid for their configuration of the Edge, or what they've been offered, for advice.

I bought mine recently (2008 Edge, AWD, Limited Edition - Vista Roof, Navigation System). I paid $33, 600, including the delivery fee. What do folks think of that price? And has anyone done better?

Chris

It would be helpful to include the MSRP for the vehicle as well so we can compare MSRP to purchase price. Since registration and sales tax is different everywhere, leaving out the sales tax and registration costs would be helpful as well. MSRP, options & model, and sales price before tax and regstration allows for the best comparison. Good idea to post the transaction info for use by others in the market.

Since registration and sales tax is different everywhere, leaving out the sales tax and registration costs would be helpful as well. MSRP, options & model, and sales price before tax and regstration allows for the best comparison. Good idea to post the transaction info for use by others in the market.

Well, MSRP I no longer recall, however, that price is independent of sales tax and registration costs. So, basically, it is car+delivery fee only, no tax or fees or anything like that - dealer related costs. AWD 08 Edge Limited w/Vista and Nav for that price.

Well, even tho mine is an '07, I'm about to make ALL OF YOU feel REALLY good about your pricing!

'07 AWD SEL Vista roof, class 2 hitch, LCD car starter;

MSRP $43,000 CAN

Purchase price $39,500 CAN

Given that the dollar is basically on par, I don't suggest ANYONE buy one here in Canada... :banghead:

Bet ya'll feel pretty good now eh?

Just ordered mine today; $30,128 including delivery

2008 Limited. Vapor silver with light stone interior.

the only additional options are;

Trailer tow package

Cargo mgmt system

Roof rails

That price is the Ford X-Plan price, which I get through my employer. Supposedly it's .4% below dealer invoice.

Well, even tho mine is an '07, I'm about to make ALL OF YOU feel REALLY good about your pricing!

'07 AWD SEL Vista roof, class 2 hitch, LCD car starter;

MSRP $43,000 CAN

Purchase price $39,500 CAN

Given that the dollar is basically on par, I don't suggest ANYONE buy one here in Canada... :banghead:

Bet ya'll feel pretty good now eh?

Where in CAD are you? Live in Montreal. '08 SEL AWD w/20" wheels, car starter and DVD entertainment $42,500 incl tx. This seems real high compared to your '07.

How did you get such a good price? How much negotianing room do you think I have? Is your car starter factory installed FM transmiter?

Where in CAD are you? Live in Montreal. '08 SEL AWD w/20" wheels, car starter and DVD entertainment $42,500 incl tx. This seems real high compared to your '07.

How did you get such a good price? How much negotianing room do you think I have? Is your car starter factory installed FM transmiter?

I'm in Edmonton. I spent a couple months looking and actually had a deposit on an '08 Equinox Sport. I also have a good freind that has WAY more money than me and has purchased an SVT Lightning, Harley truck and an '07 Mustang GT that he put $30,000 into at the same dealership in the past few years.

I found the exact Edge I wanted on the lot and told them to make a deal that would make me want to buy it NOW. I negotiated the started after the price and it was installed prior to me picking it up the following day. It's the 2 way LCD model. There were 2 starters to choose from and this was the more expensive ($575 retail I think he said.)

I heard about a $1500 increase on '08's so you're in the ballpark...

Steve

Edited by blu by u

• 5 weeks later...
Edge Limited with tow package, $31633 plus title and fees.

'08 Limited AWD, red w/ charcoal int. & red seat inserts, w/ everything (except DVD Entertainment System), including 20" wheels, power liftgate, tow package, premium sound, SYNC, NAV, smoked bug-shield on hood nose, vent shades, front mud flaps, rear cargo management system, cargo protection cover, Ford floor mats.

Stickered at $38,698. $30,133 out the door, and that is after the X-Plan pricing and Ford rebates.

'08 Limited AWD, red w/ charcoal int. & red seat inserts, w/ everything (except DVD Entertainment System), including 20" wheels, power liftgate, tow package, premium sound, SYNC, NAV, smoked bug-shield on hood nose, vent shades, front mud flaps, rear cargo management system, cargo protection cover, Ford floor mats.

Stickered at $38,698. $30,133 out the door, and that is after the X-Plan pricing and Ford rebates.

Can you give us a line by line summary of that deal? That seems too good to be true. Can you list the X-plan price, and each Ford rebate and incentive by name and amount? Even at A Plan pricing that seems too good to be true. I want to make sure I am not missing something on my upcoming purchase.

Edited by Hardhawk

QUOTE (GMan's_2008_Edge @ Nov 19 2007, 10:27 AM)

'08 Limited AWD, red w/ charcoal int. & red seat inserts, w/ everything (except DVD Entertainment System), including 20" wheels, Vista roof, power liftgate, tow package, premium sound, SYNC, NAV, smoked bug-shield on hood nose, vent shades, front mud flaps, rear bumper top surface protector, rear cargo management system, cargo protection cover, Ford floor mats.

===============================================================

Yes, a typo'd correction is in order (thanks for pointing out my hasty mistake...) :doh:

The out the door # should read $33,133 after the X-Plan & rebate ($500 instant) figure in, that still includes all of the accessories installed. I also added a couple more items in the description above.

Also:

Car had 5 miles on odometer when it rolled off the carrier.

After ~2 weeks of driving, now at 380mi, on second tank of gas, (got 352mi on first tank = ~17.6mpg, hoping that improves)

No major complaints so far, and having a blast driving it. The commute to work is a WHOLE lot more fun now... :hyper:

Edited by GMan's_2008_Edge

The out the door # should read $33,133 after the X-Plan & rebate ($500 instant) figure in, that still includes all of the accessories installed. I also added a couple more items in the description above.

Are you sure that's "out the door"? Out the door prices include sales tax which would make your actual vehicle price around $31k - again, way too low for X plan even with the $500 rebate.

Hopefully the "red seat inserts" will have a positive impact...

OK.. a two-topic post... first half to clarify the numbers on my Edge purchase, as yesterday I was using my (feeble?) memory from my office, but now have the paperwork in front of me... here's the gospel rundown...

From the Vehicle Order Confirmation Sheet:

(Vehicle ordered on 20 Oct 2007, delivered to lot on 10 Nov 2007)

Order Code = 220A

Order Type = 2

Priority = 10

Price Level = 815

Base Retail Price = $32,070

Base Dealer Invoice = $30,134

Total Base & Options Retail = $38,665

Total Base & Options Dealer Invoice = $36,319

From the sticker:

Total Vehicle & Options = $37,960

Destination & Delivery = $705

Total MSRP = $38,665

Included on this vehicle:

Seating Flexibility Package

Premium Package

Sync Voice Activated System

Reverse Sensing System

Optional Equipment:

P245/50R20 BSW A/S Tires = N/C

Class II Trailer Tow Pkg .HD 68 AMP Battery = $395

California Green States Emiss = N/C

Panoramic Vista Roof = $1,395

Navigation System-DVD = $1,995

Interior Appearance Pkg = $525

Power Liftgate = $490

20" Wheels/Sport Suspension = $895

Sirius Sat Radio w/6 Mos Svc = $195

Autodim Rrvw Mirr w/Microphone = N/C

Accessories: (all prices as installed)

Hood Nose Bug Shield = $65

Vent Shades = $80

Rear Bumper Protector = $55

Front Splash Guards = $25

Molded Rear Cargo Area Management = $90

Cargo Area Privacy Cover = $125

Floor Mats = $70

X-Plan Price = $36,258

Trade-in value = $5,600

Sub Total = $30,658

Accessories = $315 (Dealer ate cost of the Cargo Privacy Cover & Floor Mats as part of negotiation incentive)

Sub Total = $30,973

Sales Tax (7%) = $2,168

Total = $33,141

Minus $500 Order Deposit = $32,641

Minus Ford Instant $500 Rebate = $32,141

Grand Total = $32,141

There.. hope that makes it a bit clearer than mud for you folks.

Now, secondly, pardon my newbie-ness, but can someone please enlighten me on the "Redfire Curse" that seems to be going around? I did a quick search here but couldn't readily find anything relevant. A point in the right direction to read about it would be appreciated. I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary (yet...) on mine, and am really enjoying it.

Thanks!

From the sticker:

Total Vehicle & Options = $37,960

Destination & Delivery = $705

Total MSRP = $38,665

Accessories: (all prices as installed)

Hood Nose Bug Shield = $65

Vent Shades = $80

Rear Bumper Protector = $55

Front Splash Guards = $25

Molded Rear Cargo Area Management = $90

Cargo Area Privacy Cover = $125

Floor Mats = $70

X-Plan Price = $36,258

Trade-in value = $5,600

Sub Total = $30,658

Accessories = $315 (Dealer ate cost of the Cargo Privacy Cover & Floor Mats as part of negotiation incentive)

Sub Total = $30,973

Sales Tax (7%) = $2,168

Total = $33,141

Minus $500 Order Deposit = $32,641

Minus Ford Instant $500 Rebate = $32,141

Grand Total = $32,141

There.. hope that makes it a bit clearer than mud for you folks.

Couple of thing's, I caught the trade-in before; yet, even the dealer addon's isn't a comparison to use. Sure it can be used when comparing Orangatang's to Low-Land Gorrilla's, but not everyone has the same Sales Tax.

Basically the best price is what you and the Dealer are happy to walk away from each other, with.

For my Hybrid, I got the dealer to throw in for free the Rainsuit your suppose to wear while driving in the rain. I never add that in when discussing the price. That's an aftermarket item.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the 2008 Edge Limited were Considering, Comments Please?

2008 FWD Edge Limited in White Sand Tri-Coat

Standard Vehicle MSRP $30,320.00

White Sand Tri-Coat +$495

Trailer Hitch Package +$395

Panorama Vista Roof +$1395

Cargo Mngt +$65

Sirius Sat Radio +$195

Total Vehicle & Options $32865

Destination/Delivery +705

TOTAL MSRP $33570.

Ford Rebate -$500

Ford Cash Back Incentive -$500

Ford Mailer Coupon -$750

Out the door price $30063.

Edited by Edgieguy

Ford Mailer Coupon -$750

Out the door price $30063.

What is the $750 Ford mailer coupon? I would assume that it gets mailed to you (I am known as Captain Obvious in some circles)....but how did you come across it? Anything special other than just opening your mail? Any extras laying around?

What is the $750 Ford mailer coupon? I would assume that it gets mailed to you (I am known as Captain Obvious in some circles)....but how did you come across it? Anything special other than just opening your mail? Any extras laying around?

Dont know... I owned a 92 ford f150, and now have a 05 Escape. Maybe a loyal customer coupon? Dont know for sure. It was sent out by my current dealer... has a picture of a new F150 on the front