Base price $31,075

Destination charge $755

White Sand Clearcoat Metalic Paint $495

Panoramic Vista roof $1595

Power lift gate $490

Rear cargo management system $65

Sirius (6mos) $195

Total MSRP with options $34,670

We paid $32,200 + $2,344.50 (tax, tags & registration )= $34,044.50 and took the 1.9% in financing for 72 mos in lieu of the rebates.

Jenn

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm new here after deciding to buy an Edge...:)

here's the deal I got:

2008 Edge AWD Limited

Base $32,845

Class II Trailer Tow $395

All Weather Rubber Mats $55

Vista Roof $1,595

Power Liftgate $490

Rear Cargo Mgmt system $65

20" wheels/sport suspension $895

Sirius $195

Total Base + Options: $36,535

Destination: $755

Total MSRP: $37,290

The pricing worked like this:

$597 under invoice

(costo)

$5000 ford incentives

I don't have the total in front of me - the paperwork is at the dealer, I pick up the Edge tomorrow, but my price before taxes etc was $29,241.

I think I did ok.

Please check that paperwork - Costco pricing is never below invoice AFAIK not counting rebates.

Please check that paperwork - Costco pricing is never below invoice AFAIK not counting rebates.

Sorry - that was the original idea. But he beat that. I also tried to get x-plan pricing (as a stockholder) and he beat that too. So it was $606 under invoice, minus $5000 in factory rebates (some of the specific to the Twin Cities).

Torontoian trying to figure out US pricing vs. Cdn as they are clearing out 08 models.

On the hunt for the following:

08 Edge Limited AWD

Black/Camel

Class II Trailer Tow

All Weather Rubber Mats

Vista Roof

Power Liftgate

Rear Cargo Mgmt system

We are travelling the California coast for a month in late September so we are open to purchasing within 10 hours of Toronto (Chicago, Boston, NY, VI, MI) or reasonable distance from San Fransisco.

TIA

• 1 month later...

Approximately 6 weeks ago I purchased a 2008 SEL FW Creme Broule on the lot with the following options:

Reverse Sensing

Tow Package (Level 2 I think)

Power Lift Gate

No Sirius, No Sync

Cloth Interior

Standard Wheels

Regular Floor mats

Cash price paid $25,000.

If i remember correctly, this included $3,750 in factory and dealer rebates.

• 2 months later...
Well, even tho mine is an '07, I'm about to make ALL OF YOU feel REALLY good about your pricing!

'07 AWD SEL Vista roof, class 2 hitch, LCD car starter;

MSRP $43,000 CAN

Purchase price $39,500 CAN

Given that the dollar is basically on par, I don't suggest ANYONE buy one here in Canada... :banghead:

Bet ya'll feel pretty good now eh?

I got mine (Black New '08 Limited) near Regina, SK for 36K.

NORCAN

Edited by garyedwardsmith

2008 SE Redfire w/black interior.

Convenience Group

Sync

6 Disc changer

$22,745 after employee pricing and all cash back/rebates.

An addendum. Got my edge in mid December. Dealer called this week and said they found another $1,000 rebate that they had forgotten. Sending me a check for the amount, as it's too late to apply it to the purchase price. So, price paid could technically be said to be $21,745.

• 3 weeks later...
Approximately 6 weeks ago I purchased a 2008 SEL FW Creme Broule on the lot with the following options:

Reverse Sensing

Tow Package (Level 2 I think)

Power Lift Gate

No Sirius, No Sync

Cloth Interior

Standard Wheels

Regular Floor mats

Cash price paid $25,000.

If i remember correctly, this included $3,750 in factory and dealer rebates.

'08 SEL FWD - 9/2/08 - Sanderson Ford, Glendale, AZ - FoMoCredit 100% @ 0%/72mo

base: 27730

white sand tricoat: 495

pwr liftgate: 490

18" chrome hubcaps: 750 (shoved down my throat, would NOT swap, still pissed)

delivery: 755

$300 under invoice: -1702

doc fee: 175

tags & title: 489

---------

TOTAL pre-tax: 29181

'08 SEL FWD - 9/2/08 - Sanderson Ford, Glendale, AZ - FoMoCredit 100% @ 0%/72mo

base: 27730

white sand tricoat: 495

pwr liftgate: 490

18" chrome hubcaps: 750 (shoved down my throat, would NOT swap, still pissed)

delivery: 755

$300 under invoice: -1702

doc fee: 175

tags & title: 489

---------

TOTAL pre-tax: 29181

Just curious. how did you like Sanderson Ford. I used to be a tech there, but moved to California. I worked there for over 5 years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i bought mine for $28,534 SEL you all know it its without everything :S

without vistaroof , nav , and its even not leather seats

i've just paid for the plastic that covers all over the floor sure they have moved rear seats and front seats but it was good work and cheap:D

its not a floormats its a plastic covers all over the floor

i paid $54.00

but i'll do more on my EDGE but its not now

i dont know what to do i'm having 2 choices to make( Offroad , luxury things)

i'll add a great sound system , ''22 rims , navigation system with rear camera , and i'll add somethings to the engine to make if my choice was "luxury"

and if it was offroad you know what i'll do

BTW its in saudi arabia not in USA ,so all the prices are in saudi arabia

T.C

They are making all kinds of deals right now.

Here was mine on our MKX that we bought yesterday.

08 Lincoln MKX

Standard equipment stickered at 35,840 MSRP

Elite Package (Vista Roof, Voice Nav, THX Audio) - $4,595

Ultimate Package (18" chromes, Adaptive Headlamps, Power Liftgate) - $1,295

Heated Rear seats - $295, Class II Trailer Tow Pkg - $395, Delivery - $775

Total sticker - $43,195

Dealer installed options: Perimeter Alarm - $499, Wood Dash Pkg - $350

Total adjusted sticker - $44,044

We were $1,909 upside down on our 05 Explorer after trade. We added GAP at $525, and a 72/72 Safeguard warranty for $1,695. TT&L and fees of approx $1,600 Brings total "sticker" to $49773 give or take $500 or so.

We put $3,500 down. After some...."adjustments".... to the ledger that took a few hours of time, we financed the rest - - - - - - - $36,000 and change - - - - :rockon: , at 5.29 for 72.

Dealer installed options: Perimeter Alarm - $499, Wood Dash Pkg - $350

Hi bluetexan. :D Did you know that the 2008 MKX comes factory equipped with a "Perimeter Alarm System" and SecuriLock PATS (Passive Anti-Theft System)?

Did the Dealer inform you that the MKX already had a Factory Perimeter Alarm System before selling you an additional aftermarket system for $499?

Maybe there were some added features you wanted that were part of the aftermarket system your Dealer installed?

Sorry for the questions, I just hope the Dealer dealt honestly with you.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi bluetexan. :D Did you know that the 2008 MKX comes factory equipped with a "Perimeter Alarm System" and SecuriLock PATS (Passive Anti-Theft System)?

Did the Dealer inform you that the MKX already had a Factory Perimeter Alarm System before selling you an additional aftermarket system for $499?

Maybe there were some added features you wanted that were part of the aftermarket system your Dealer installed?

Sorry for the questions, I just hope the Dealer dealt honestly with you.

bbf!! You're over here too? This is thereisnospoon from the Fusion forums. Howdy brother!! :) Small world.

Yeah, I knew the alarm/PATS was standard, but this alarm is apparently one step above their regular. Either way, it ended up really not even factoring into the price. The dealer really did shoot me pretty straight. I had amortization tables in front of me. They printed me off the dealer invoice showing the different plan pricings, etc for that vehicle, including A plan and Z plan pricing, X plan, etc. Then they showed me that the offered price was $2500 and change below that price. They've got a reputation for being a straight shooting dealership, which is why I went to them instead of the two Lincoln dealers that were significantly closer to my home. I will even drive the longer distance to service my vehicle with them only.

bbf!! You're over here too? This is thereisnospoon from the Fusion forums. Howdy brother!! :) Small world.

Yeah, I knew the alarm/PATS was standard, but this alarm is apparently one step above their regular. Either way, it ended up really not even factoring into the price. The dealer really did shoot me pretty straight. I had amortization tables in front of me. They printed me off the dealer invoice showing the different plan pricings, etc for that vehicle, including A plan and Z plan pricing, X plan, etc. Then they showed me that the offered price was $2500 and change below that price. They've got a reputation for being a straight shooting dealership, which is why I went to them instead of the two Lincoln dealers that were significantly closer to my home. I will even drive the longer distance to service my vehicle with them only.

Hey bt (thereisnospoon)! :D Howdy to you too brother! I should have recognized your voice! :hysterical:

Congratulations on the new MKX! They are beautiful vehicles.

Glad to hear that you had a Dealer you could trust.

Just bought an ice blue 2008 Ford Edge FWD SE this past week.

Options:

Convenience Package

Roof Rack

18 Inch Painted Alloy Wheels

Sync System

Sirius Satellite Radio

Rear Parking Sensors

Added Options:

Rack Rails

All Weather Mats

All Weather Storage Mat

Storage Cover

Custom Leather Seats ($1400 dealer option)

Incentives:

$4500 Cash Rebate

$500 College Cash Rebate

$1000 Conquest Retail Bonus Cash

$1000 Trade in on beat up 2002 Kia Spectra

Paid:

$21900 before Chicago/Illinois taxes, $24400 after taxes

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my Edge Limited about 2 weeks ago. Brilliant Sand and 20's. Everything but the Nav. It's an 08 that the dealer said had been a "Mall" car. Only had 79 miles when I test drove it. They knocked $9000 of the sticker and gave me a grand more for my trade than other dealers in the area. I love it.

The interior color is the light tan, so opted to get some black floor mats with the EDGE logo. Gives it a little attitude. Now I'm Mall rated!!! :rockon:

Mike

We bought a new 2008 Edge Limited AWD in the middle of February. It has Nav, BAMR, 20" wheels, tow package, white sand paint, cargo organizer, and all weather floor mats.

Sticker was $39,7XX

We paid $30,600 before taxes and fees and not including down payment and trade in.

Well this is my first post on the forum. I got my Edge two months ago. Been checking out all the posts and pictures. I do have to say this is a great place! Anyhow on topic, i got a 2008 Edge Limited AWD loaded (minus Satellite radio and gps)... with 9998 miles for $23900. White sand paint, tan leather interior and 18" stocks. immaculate condition.. added a 7 yr 70000 mile B2B warranty.. In live in Buffalo NY so as you know we have some crappy winters but i still had to order new rims and tires for it. Keeping the 18" stockers though... i couldnt find many pictures with edge's with 22's but thats what i got.. What i have on order so far are the rims, H&R sport springs and ventshades.. Ill have it all in 7-10 days , another day for install and ill post pictures...

These are the rims... please comment, hope i didnt over do it..

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/St...;ShowLarge=True

post-6104-1238114508_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
Hi,

Because it is interesting and also a valuable tool for some, I thought folks might be interesting in sharing prices paid for their configuration of the Edge, or what they've been offered, for advice.

I bought mine recently (2008 Edge, AWD, Limited Edition - Vista Roof, Navigation System). I paid $33, 600, including the delivery fee. What do folks think of that price? And has anyone done better?

Chris

Well just got mine over the weekend: 2009 Limited for $29000.

Edited by CruzerX

Well just got mine over the weekend: 2009 Limited for $29000.

looking at a 2008 Limited AWD with a MSRP $36210 before rebates. What can I get the dealer down too before getting throw out of the showroom?

also looking at

2008 SEL AWD @ $33335 would that get a better deal?

In the NY/NJ area

THanks