What did you pay for your 2008 Edge?

gfhii

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

November was insane for employees: D plan (about $1400 under invoice) minus $3500($1500 in D plan cash special) in rebates $32375MSRP/selling price about $25820 give or take $50 bucks.

It was a lease so they also waived the first payment and the $500 security deposit(so sutract another $900) and the lease factor was 0.25% with a 62% residual. AFTER Dec 1st it went up, and now its well over $200 more per month for the same car(lease factor 7.9%/residual 57%).

We employees don't pay processing fees(here its $400 so scrub that too), so just $50 for tags and 3% Va sales tax and personal property tax is paid for by CAB-East (FMCC's lease division). It was too silly for employees so I jumped on it. :) Focus lease price for an Edge SEL with awd, 18"s and the BAMR(with reverse sensing and 6CD). This is why I also switch cars so much, the last 6 I had never had one with over 10k miles. I can probably trade out of it in a year and be ahead, which is typically IMPOSSIBLE for a leased vehicle.

But if I sold shoes for a living I'd be dressed better....Thats one of the perks for slaving away putting Fords on the road.

I wasnt looking for a long-time love affair so I got all the hardware and the roof and skipped the frills

07 SEL AWD

Amethyst/Black cloth(I saw a 19k mi trade-in with black cloth that looked like brand spanking new so it sold me)

BAMR

18" chrome clad bling blings

Sirius

cargo management

the rubber floor mats

reverse sensing

I was on my third new-gen Mustang (had an 05, an 06, and an 07) and just ordered myself a Bullitt and was looking into getting a $7000 turbo and decided it was time to stop wasting money for a bit and try to steal a house while the market is slow and drive a 'normal' vehicle for a while....

Edited by kevinb120

Pretty happy with this deal (I think...) :shades:

'08 Edge Limited Vapor Silver

Vista Roof

Navigation

Pwr Liftgate

Rear cargo mgmt (what the heck is this?)

20" wheels

Sirius

Sticker: $36060

Invoice: $33983

Price paid: $31316.50 (after $1000 rebate) plus TTL

Total OTD: $33500

Here is what I just ordered... so hard to compare with others as some have this, some have that, some neither...

X-Plan pricing in CA for a loaded '08 Edge Limited:

FWD

White Sand

Black Leather

Sync

Premium Package

Seating Flex

Vista roof

DVD Nav system

Power lift-gate

Cargo management

Sirius

PLUS.... I got them to do the wheels off the SEL I wanted and credit me the price back ($489)

X-Plan Price (with wheel discount): $33386.21 + TTL of course - any rebates at the time which cannot be figured now until the vehicle comes in

So.... how does this seem. I understand the X-Plan is pretty great place to be versus just walking in and negotiating... but does this seem like in? Any thoughts?

Edited by Lex Talionis

Heres our Lease to purchase deal... Were doing lease to purchase because it gives us the option in three years to turn the car in f they have a Hydrogen powered 60MPG model, or we just hate the Edge in 2011. Right now the % rate is 1.25....

2008 Edge AWD LIMITED through XPLAN

Options Include: White Sand Paint, BAMR, 20" Wheels, Sirius Radio

Base....................$32,070.00

Total MSRP...........$35,755.00

Discounts

XPLAN PRICE........$32,856.20

Ford RCL Discount...$1,000.00

Ford Incentive...........$750.00

Ford Mailer coupon....$750.00 (Coupon we received in the mail)

------------------------------------

Total.....................$30,356.20

Window Etching add....$199.00 Can they make me pay this without asking?

Doc Fee add...............$139.00 Can they charge this on XPLAN? I thought the MAX was $75.00?

Aquisition Fee.............$595.00 Another one Im not sure of with XPLAN... Anyone?

Tire Fee........................$7.50

Total before NJ Tax..$31296.70

Heres our Lease to purchase deal... Were doing lease to purchase because it gives us the option in three years to turn the car in f they have a Hydrogen powered 60MPG model, or we just hate the Edge in 2011. Right now the % rate is 1.25....

2008 Edge AWD LIMITED through XPLAN

Options Include: White Sand Paint, BAMR, 20" Wheels, Sirius Radio

Base....................$32,070.00

Total MSRP...........$35,755.00

Discounts

XPLAN PRICE........$32,856.20

Ford RCL Discount...$1,000.00

------------------------------------

Total.....................$30,356.20

Window Etching add....$199.00 Can they make me pay this without asking?

Doc Fee add...............$139.00 Can they charge this on XPLAN? I thought the MAX was $75.00?

Aquisition Fee.............$595.00 Another one Im not sure of with XPLAN... Anyone?

Tire Fee........................$7.50

Total before NJ Tax..$31296.70

Hi Edgieguy. :D Okay, let's try to answer your questions one at a time:

1 - No, they can't "make" you pay that etching fee. But, they also do not have to sell/lease you the vehicle. It is a profit packer. Tell them you do not want it. Maybe you can negotiate it off completely, maybe only partially. You can always try to convince them that it is a deal breaker if they don't remove it.

2 - "Documentation Fees" are limited to a $75 maximum. Make them correct that "mistake".

3 - $595 "Acquisition Fee". Yes, unfortunately you are on the hook for that one. Without getting on one of my "this is why you should avoid Leasing if you can, because Leasing costs more" rants, this is just one of the many ways that Dealers make more on a Lease than they do a Sale. There are just so many more ways that a Dealer can hide charges and fees in a Lease, that are not available on a straight Sale. Therefore, Leasing costs more. :banghead: Right off the bat, you have paid $595 more than a Purchaser.

And to jump start the "How great a deal I got", and how they did not have to pay that "Fee" people, we are talking about the facts of this Lease, and Edgieguy does have to pay it. :banghead:

4 - Tire Disposal Fee. Yes, I live in NJ also, and we do have to pay that fee ($1.50 per tire, 5 tires including the spare) on AXZ-Plan Sales. It is a State mandated, EPA dictated fee.

Anyway, hope this information helps, and best of luck with your new Edge! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

• 4 weeks later...

Seating Flexibility Package

Premium Package

Sync Voice Activated System

Reverse Sensing System

Creme Brulee Clearcoat

Camel leather

3.5L V6 Engine

Automatic Overdrive Transmission

P245/50R20 BSW A/S Tires

Class II Trailer Tow Package

HD 68 Amp Battery

All Weather Rubber Mats

Panoramic Vista Roof

Power Liftgate

Rear Cargo Management System

20" Wheels/Sport Suspension

Sirius Satellite Radio w/ 6 Months of Service

Autodim Rearview Mirror w/ microphone

MSRP $36,265

X-plan Price $34,217

Ford Credit Bonus Customer Cash -$500

Doc Fee $75

Purchase Price $33,802

how does one go about scoring these 2 items:

104_1537.jpg

104_1538.jpg

Maybe you can ask Ford? It clearly says its not transferable outside of the listed household. Had to be used by 01/02/08

Edited by Edgieguy

It looks like it says it cannot be combined with other (private?) offers.

I joined the AQHA so I could qualify for their $500 rebate. I don't think I would be allowed to use both...so I'm only out $250...for now. :shades:

Incidently (Indecently), I've tentatively negotiated $400 below invoice and a free oil change and half price ones after that up to 50K miles. + doc ($86) + ttl

I probably should have thrown in an LD clause for extended delivery. I wish my Edge were here. :cry:

Edited by SHIZZY

It looks like it says it cannot be combined with other (private?) offers.

I joined the AQHA so I could qualify for their $500 rebate. I don't think I would be allowed to use both...so I'm only out $250...for now. :shades:

Indecently, I've tentatively negotiated $400 below invoice and a free oil change and half price ones after that up to 50K miles. + doc ($86) + ttl

I probably should have thrown in an LD clause for extended delivery. I wish my Edge were here. :cry:

this kind of brings up the question... what all could you sign up for or become a member of (AQHA, AAA, AARP, etc.) to receive an additional discount?

But from what I understand, and it read, it can be combined with other public cash offers... which is key... so if there was already a cash rebate - whch there is right now - you could use this with that as well: 1500+750. plus, IIRC people have posted up here having done just that..

heck, I would still like to get my hands on one and take it to the dealer and see... no harm no foul... I mean, what would the dealer care if it was not my address on that card (assuming they even check)? They are not out anything are they?

heck, I would still like to get my hands on one and take it to the dealer and see... no harm no foul... I mean, what would the dealer care if it was not my address on that card (assuming they even check)? They are not out anything are they?

The promotion ended on 1/2/08...that was over a month ago.

Just got my Edge, it is awesome

MSRP - 30495

E-Priced before going to dealership - $28,889

Addt Discount - $ 28,500

CONQUEST and Cash Back $ 2,500

TOTAL $ 26,000 before tax

This is for White Tri Coat SEL, 18 Chrome wheels and Leather and Sirius...

DOes it sound like a good deal? other dealers wouldnt touch this price.

Just got my Edge, it is awesome

MSRP - 30495

E-Priced before going to dealership - $28,889

Addt Discount - $ 28,500

CONQUEST and Cash Back $ 2,500

TOTAL $ 26,000 before tax

This is for White Tri Coat SEL, 18 Chrome wheels and Leather and Sirius...

DOes it sound like a good deal? other dealers wouldnt touch this price.

Hi elmwood. :D Assuming that is the correct MSRP, and the Dealer did not tack-on a lot of Fees to that $26,000 total (like "Documentation", "Dealer Prep", "Computer Usage", "Delivery", "Destination", etc etc.,) you got a good deal.

Good luck! :beerchug: