What did you pay for your 2008 Edge?

gfhii

The MSRP on our Edge Limited that we bought last week was $33.015.00.

Setting aside all the "other" charges that every dealer figures in, we got $3,400.00 knocked off the MSRP which brought the price down to $29,615.

$2,000.00 Ford rebate/incentive

$400.00 for some kind of customer appreciation

$1,000.00 for trading a Chev. on the Ford

We're happy with the deal we got w/o running all over the country side shopping.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

We just purchased a 2008 Ford Edge SE with the following options:

Sync

Convenience Group

Sirius

Roof Rails

The MSRP was $27,530

The Invoice was $25,916

Rebates

$2000 - Customer Cash

$750 - Sun & Sound

$1000 - Conquest Retail Bonus Cash

Total Invoice Price with rebates: $22,166

I went in for a test drive and called them back later (after some research at Edmunds.com)and made a firm offer of $22,166 + sales tax. Picked it up a few hours later (out the door with tax $24,000).

You should not be paying over invoice on these in my opinion. There are lots of good deals around (I am in GA). They still made over $800.00 with a 3% holdback on the MSRP.

I noticed that someone in a previous post paid MSRP minus the rebates...why? NEVER pay MSRP!!! Always work up from invoice or in my case make a firm reasonable offer and stick to it.

Good Luck!

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

We just purchased a 2008 Ford Edge SE with the following options:

Sync

Convenience Group

Sirius

Roof Rails

The MSRP was $27,530

The Invoice was $25,916

Rebates

$2000 - Customer Cash

$750 - Sun & Sound

$1000 - Conquest Retail Bonus Cash

Total Invoice Price with rebates: $22,166

I went in for a test drive and called them back later (after some research at Edmunds.com)and made a firm offer of $22,166 + sales tax. Picked it up a few hours later (out the door with tax $24,000).

You should not be paying over invoice on these in my opinion. There are lots of good deals around (I am in GA). They still made over $800.00 with a 3% holdback on the MSRP.

I noticed that someone in a previous post paid MSRP minus the rebates...why? NEVER pay MSRP!!! Always work up from invoice or in my case make a firm reasonable offer and stick to it.

Good Luck!

Matt

I got almost exactly the same deal:

Leftover 2007 SE AWD (50 miles on the car)

Rubber floor mats and Sirius Radio

MSRP: Approx 27,950

Had to take Ford Credit Financing for extra 1000 off (at 9%)

Paid: 22,399 plus 2,100 tax and 150? in registration and stuff

Grand total: 24,650

Just talked to another dealer about a very similar car MSRP:28,065. He quoted me 4500 off sticker without even blinking. Who knows how low he would go. They are definately cutting some deals right now.

Sounds like i shoulda made a trip to the US! but our sticker was $45 913, got if for $42,900, plus the salesman is buying our 01 taurus for $1000 (its worth $500) hehe.

*( Does anybody think i coulda got more outta the salesman? I SURE DO! deal isn`t signed as of yet, waiting for vehicle to come in, Supposedley he gave the deal my father inlaw gets *500 over invoice*( He buys dozens of vehicles from saleman for his company) but i`ve been doing the numbers, thers no way this can be right, that would mean even if they sold it at MSRP they are making 7%, that does not seem like much!! especially since everybody dickers on the price some, so they`d be making even less!?) at 7% they cannot afford to be in business!! just my 2 cents)*

08 Limited AWD vapour silver 20 inch chrome wheels, NAV/DVD, 6mo Sirius, Rear DVD, Class 2 trailer tow package a couple other little things, oh, an some mudflaps.

Sounds like i shoulda made a trip to the US! but our sticker was $45 913, got if for $42,900, plus the salesman is buying our 01 taurus for $1000 (its worth $500) hehe.

*( Does anybody think i coulda got more outta the salesman? I SURE DO! deal isn`t signed as of yet, waiting for vehicle to come in, Supposedley he gave the deal my father inlaw gets *500 over invoice*( He buys dozens of vehicles from saleman for his company) but i`ve been doing the numbers, thers no way this can be right, that would mean even if they sold it at MSRP they are making 7%, that does not seem like much!! especially since everybody dickers on the price some, so they`d be making even less!?) at 7% they cannot afford to be in business!! just my 2 cents)*

08 Limited AWD vapour silver 20 inch chrome wheels, NAV/DVD, 6mo Sirius, Rear DVD, Class 2 trailer tow package a couple other little things, oh, an some mudflaps.

Don't worry about them staying in business. Dealers make the BIG money on used cars.

Hi VapourSlvr. :D The Dealer cost on a vehicle is not the "Invoice Price". There is a "Holdback" involved, which Ford pays to the Dealer after a vehicle is sold. A bit complicated to try an explain briefly, but the Dealer makes an appreciable amount more on a new car sale than just the amount they charge over "Invoice Price".

In addition, you state that the MSRP "was $45 913, got if for $42,900". Does that $42,900 price already include any Cash Incentives you qualified for? Or are you taking the Special APR Rates instead?

If you are taking the Cash Incentives, you should have been able to get a better price than $$42,900. If you are taking the Special APR Rates, the story changes.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi VapourSlvr. :D The Dealer cost on a vehicle is not the "Invoice Price". There is a "Holdback" involved, which Ford pays to the Dealer after a vehicle is sold. A bit complicated to try an explain briefly, but the Dealer makes an appreciable amount more on a new car sale than just the amount they charge over "Invoice Price".

In addition, you state that the MSRP "was $45 913, got if for $42,900". Does that $42,900 price already include any Cash Incentives you qualified for? Or are you taking the Special APR Rates instead?

If you are taking the Cash Incentives, you should have been able to get a better price than $$42,900. If you are taking the Special APR Rates, the story changes.

the route were going is puting money down and going 0%APR for 60 mo, finacing through ford credit. the 42, 900 is final after all the dumb fees (which they are grouping together nowadays, calling it registration fees, was 400 bucks), and 20 bucks tire tax. I just read line for line everyones experiences and as i understand i`m doing alright, i`m happy with it, our montly cost is 560mo, and i`ll own it in 60mo, so i`m breathing a little easier, its good to learn that the dealer make money from the "holdback" cause otherwise i can`t understand how they stay in business, everybody needs to make a buck right? waiting, should only be a couple more days!! getting exited.

Edited by VapourSlvr20s

2008 Ford Edge Limited

Vapor Silver with Black Leather

VIN: 2FMDK39C98BA22448

Dealer No: 21L656

Base of $30,320.00

P245/50R20 BSW A/S Tires $395.00

Tow Package $55.00

Vista Roof $1,295.00

Navigation System $ 1,995.00

Interior Appearance Package $525.00

Power Liftgate $490.00

Rear Cargo Management System $ 65.00

20" Wheels / Sport Suspension $ 895.00

Sirius Radio $195.00

Total with Options= $36.220.00

Destination and Delivery = $705.00

Total MSRP = $37,035.00

Rebates = $500 + $1500 + $1000 (competitive ownership)

Final price that I paid (not including tax and title) = $30,168.00

Papa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I was out today shopping for a new car and started negotiations on a 08 Edge Limited AWD

How good is this deal?? Haven't finalized anything yet, may go to a few other dealers tomorrow and do some comparrison shopping.

VIN: 2FMDK49C18BA71116

Dealer: Quirk Ford 02169

Silver Vapor

MSRP= $37,580

Negotiated Price (so far)=$33,250

Price does not include taxes & title fees

No trade (yet) = I have a 99 Mercury Cougar in great shape except for the guy (17 Y/O kid with dads pickup decided to run his trailer hitch across the hood) that backed into it on Sunday. I have get it fixed before I can trade. Easy fix, just needs a hood. I would take $3000 after it's fixed.

Negotiated price included Ford cash & Rebates of $2500

Any insight / comments would be appreciated

Thanks,

JC

Hi Everyone,

I was out today shopping for a new car and started negotiations on a 08 Edge Limited AWD

How good is this deal?? Haven't finalized anything yet, may go to a few other dealers tomorrow and do some comparrison shopping.

VIN: 2FMDK49C18BA71116

Dealer: Quirk Ford 02169

Silver Vapor

MSRP= $37,580

Negotiated Price (so far)=$33,250

Price does not include taxes & title fees

No trade (yet) = I have a 99 Mercury Cougar in great shape except for the guy (17 Y/O kid with dads pickup decided to run his trailer hitch across the hood) that backed into it on Sunday. I have get it fixed before I can trade. Easy fix, just needs a hood. I would take $3000 after it's fixed.

Negotiated price included Ford cash & Rebates of $2500

Any insight / comments would be appreciated

Thanks,

JC

This is my first time to post. I am in the market for an Edge - Limited. I have a vin # and dealership - and wish to confirm the invoice that they quote me.

The vin#VIN 2FMDK39C28B A76190. Sam Pack Ford in Carrolton, TX. Can you check on the invoice and holdback. They are quoting a $3000 total of rebates. Offer is at invoice + rebates. Is there much room for negotiation below that?

This is my first time to post. I am in the market for an Edge - Limited. I have a vin # and dealership - and wish to confirm the invoice that they quote me.

The vin#VIN 2FMDK39C28B A76190. Sam Pack Ford in Carrolton, TX. Can you check on the invoice and holdback. They are quoting a $3000 total of rebates. Offer is at invoice + rebates. Is there much room for negotiation below that?

Dealer invoice is a good deal (the rebates come from the factory so you can really ignore those when comparing dealer prices). I wouldn't expect to do much better than that unless the dealer had one they wanted to get rid of for some reason.

Go to kbb.com or edmunds.com and look up the dealer invoice for the vehicle with the same options, etc. Add destination plus around $400 and you'll be very close to the actual dealer invoice. The $400 covers legitimate fees that the dealer pays like fuel and local dealer association advertising. These fees vary by vehicle and by location so they're not included in the online sites. This will get you to dealer invoice plus or minus $150.

The dealer will also charge you a documentation fee which is usually $300-$400. If you had X plan you'd pay a few dollars below dealer invoice and only a $75 doc fee.

Dealer invoice is a good deal (the rebates come from the factory so you can really ignore those when comparing dealer prices). I wouldn't expect to do much better than that unless the dealer had one they wanted to get rid of for some reason.

Go to kbb.com or edmunds.com and look up the dealer invoice for the vehicle with the same options, etc. Add destination plus around $400 and you'll be very close to the actual dealer invoice. The $400 covers legitimate fees that the dealer pays like fuel and local dealer association advertising. These fees vary by vehicle and by location so they're not included in the online sites. This will get you to dealer invoice plus or minus $150.

The dealer will also charge you a documentation fee which is usually $300-$400. If you had X plan you'd pay a few dollars below dealer invoice and only a $75 doc fee.

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I just got off the phone with the dealer - via internet sales, and they are offering invoice (32,531.95), also taking off $500 holdback, plus, of course, $2500 in rebates. If you check the vin - you'll see that it is a limited, without the sun roof (didn't want that), but it has 20inch wheels and a rear seat entertainment system. I already have the GPS navigation - so I didn't need that. It includes roof rails which I didn't need. I think it's a decent deal. Considering the 2009's will be out soon, it's probably already depreciated in value - and certainly will when I drive it off the lot. But I plan to keep it for a long time - 6-8 years - unless it turns out to be a dud.

This will be only the second Ford I've owned. My first ever - bought in 2001 - is a 2002 Expedition - Eddie bauer. Best vehicle I've ever ever owned! Just can't afford to drive it much anymore - except on long trips or vacations. But I will keep it a few more years.

I hope this Edge serves us as well as the Expedition has!

Thanks

2008 Ford Edge Limited

Vapor Silver with Black Leather

VIN: 2FMDK39C98BA22448

Dealer No: 21L656

Base of $30,320.00

P245/50R20 BSW A/S Tires $395.00

Tow Package $55.00

Vista Roof $1,295.00

Navigation System $ 1,995.00

Interior Appearance Package $525.00

Power Liftgate $490.00

Rear Cargo Management System $ 65.00

20" Wheels / Sport Suspension $ 895.00

Sirius Radio $195.00

Total with Options= $36.220.00

Destination and Delivery = $705.00

Total MSRP = $37,035.00

Rebates = $500 + $1500 + $1000 (competitive ownership)

Final price that I paid (not including tax and title) = $30,168.00

Papa

Where did you get this vehicle.

I am looking and having great difficulting get the "deal". All I am looking for is a limited 08 (prefer Creme brulee) with hitch and roof rack/rails,,,and won't mind liftgate auto...

I am aware of (locally) $2000 total rebates..but I want to know the charge before rebates.

Anyone got info on the July incentives?

Keep getting phone calls from dealers, offering me something else, 07, demos, different models...and keep asking me what I am planning. I am planning to get the car for the price I want for the car I want...or I will move from ford to another vehicle by another maker (2nd choice).

Edited by jbeckman

Where did you get this vehicle.

I am looking and having great difficulting get the "deal". All I am looking for is a limited 08 (prefer Creme brulee) with hitch and roof rack/rails,,,and won't mind liftgate auto...

I am aware of (locally) $2000 total rebates..but I want to know the charge before rebates.

Anyone got info on the July incentives?

Keep getting phone calls from dealers, offering me something else, 07, demos, different models...and keep asking me what I am planning. I am planning to get the car for the price I want for the car I want...or I will move from ford to another vehicle by another maker (2nd choice).

I just picked up our 2008 Edge LImited at invoice + 2500 rebates. Decent offer on trade-in. Wife's happy, I'm happy. We're in the Dallas metroplex.

Hi,

I'm shopping for a new Edge and have started negotiations with two dealers. How does this deal sound for those of you who have recently purchased??

Dealer Zip: 02184

Edge Limited

Silver Vapor

VIN: 2FMDK49C48BB19563

- Vista Roof

- 20" wheels

- Power Liftgate

- Cargo Mgmt

MSRP: $36,275

ADD NAV: $1,995

New MSRP:$38,270

Dealer Quoted Price

$34,044

Includes $1000 rebate

Includes $500 ford Finance Rebate

is this a good deal?? Thanks for the help

• 3 weeks later...

post-4203-1215486407_thumb.jpg

I was able to snag the price sheet for the vehicle we bought. I have obviously erased all particulars like VIN & Dealer name, but all the vital info is there. Here was our breakdown:

$32610 ($100 over invoice, and honestly didnt really care about X-Plan pricing when I saw what a small difference there was)

-1000 competitive ownership rebate

-500 ford credit rebate

-$3250 trade

-$2000 cash down payment

EDIT:(No bogus doc/marketing/application/prep./fee)

at 0% interest= $431/month

Selection was running thin on feature/color combinations, so we got EVERYthing we wanted with this Edge. This is basically a loaded limited without the seat flexibility package. The fine print says you can have either the premium or seat flex. package, if you want both, order a limited. The problem with the limiteds I found was that they almost always came with BAMR, 20 inch wheels/sport suspension, some came with tow, and other various options we didnt want to pay for or need. This SEL AWD had 10 miles on it when we found it, I was SHOCKED. Overall, painless transaction, and have/would recommend this dealer to friends and family.

Edited by wehavean08edgenow

• 2 weeks later...

[ MSRP

2008 Edge SEL FWD $28265.00

Class II Tow Package 395.00

Panoramic Vista Roof 1595.00

Seating Flexibility PKG 985.00

Power Lift Gate 490.00

18" Wheel W/Chrome Appr 750.00

Sync Vioce System 395.00

Sirius Sat Radio (6 mos) 195.00

-------------

Total Vehicle W/options $33070.00

Destination & Delivery 755.00

---------------

$33825.00

Z-Plan $ 29597.15

Rebate - 3000.00

Ford Finance Rebate - 500.00

-----------------

Total Price $ 26097.15 Tax, License/Registration not included size]

The A-Plan price, or Family price, is available to everyone now. There's no nogotiating on that price because it is the invoice price. But I just purchased a 2008 SE Edge 2 weeks ago and got the A-Plan price plus a $4000 rebate. So that took the Sticker price of $27,500 down to $25,400 then down to $21,400 before taxes and title. After adding those and the loan fee of $195 from the bank my total was about $23,000. That's a FWD model without leather or the moonroof or chrome wheels. It has Synk and Sat radio. My wife loves the Synk which allows her to use her cell phone through the steering wheel controls. I would rather have the chrome wheels and leather but that model was $5700 higher.

The A-Plan price, or Family price, is available to everyone now. There's no nogotiating on that price because it is the invoice price.

Hi KyBill. :D I just wanted to clear up a slight error in your pricing explanation, so others do not get confused: A-Plan is not Invoice Price. A-Plan pricing is much better than, and well below Invoice or X-Plan price.

X-Plan is approximately Invoice price (usually about $50-$150 under Invoice, according to the particular vehicle).

Just do not want people getting confused concerning the pricing of the various plans.

Edited by bbf2530

• 1 month later...

I'm new here after deciding to buy an Edge...:)

here's the deal I got:

2008 Edge AWD Limited

Base $32,845

Class II Trailer Tow $395

All Weather Rubber Mats $55

Vista Roof $1,595

Power Liftgate $490

Rear Cargo Mgmt system $65

20" wheels/sport suspension $895

Sirius $195

Total Base + Options: $36,535

Destination: $755

Total MSRP: $37,290

The pricing worked like this:

$597 under invoice

(costo)

$5000 ford incentives

I don't have the total in front of me - the paperwork is at the dealer, I pick up the Edge tomorrow, but my price before taxes etc was $29,241.

I think I did ok.