What did you pay for your 2008 Edge?

gfhii

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paid under $42,000 with X-plan in Canada. It's fully loaded except for the DVD .. not with the BAMR. Didn't go with the rear seat DVD ... no need for it.

Ā 

I was curious as to the price difference between USA & canada and have noticed that the Canadian models all come pretty well equipt. There is not much to add vs the USA models. We seem to get it all in ... where as the USA you need to add each item in.

Ā 

Mine was $4000 less than MSRP at the time. Dealership I used is one where our large gets their vehicles from. They did give me a decent trade-in on the 2003 Landrover Discovery SE-7 (which had been rear ended & repaired), which saved on the sales tax (15% Federal & Provincial combined). When I drove a rental in Lost Wages ... there was less on that vehicle than what comes with up here.

Ā 

What do you mean you didnt' get BAMR? What is that? Is $42000, the total that you paid with you trade in of the Landrover?

Might be interested in purchasing the following:

Ā 

2008 Edge Limited

Dark Blue Ink/Black Leather Interior

Standard Price: $32,305

Options: Vista Roof - $1,495

Sirius radio - $195

Total MSRP (including $705 destination & delivery) $34,700

Vin# 2FMDK49C68B A91703

zip: 06514 (Connecticut)

Ā 

Went in with a trade in: 2000 Ford Winstar SE -- offered me $3,000

Wanted special financing (0% 60 months/or 1.9 for 72 months) as opposed to $2,000.00 cash incentive (you can only get one or the other)

Ā 

First offered me vehicle for $33,800 (I think out the door, but not sure)

Then offered me vehicle for $33,250

Ā 

Showed me their "invoice" price of $32,949.25. I noticed employee price for $31,723.

Ā 

Told them I'd get back to them. Can anyone give me a price range that would be considered a good buy? Thanks.

What do you mean you didnt' get BAMR? What is that? Is $42000, the total that you paid with you trade in of the Landrover?

I did not get the DVD because of the Vista roof ... only way to add DVD with Vista is the rear seat option. Not worth it. A $100 portable makes more sense!!!

Ā 

That was the price BEFOE the Landrover Trade-in ... this is what one would negotiate with. The MSRP was ~$46,800 with 5 year warranty and a few other goodies. It also helps that one of the companies divisions orders Fords through them as well :yup:

Ā 

Plus 0% interest!!!

Edited by Jaak in TO

You didn't get the dvd...did you get 20 inch wheels? All for 42000. Was that including TAXES?

I got the 18" painted wheels which makes the Creme Brule look "tougher". The Class 2 trailer kit was ordered as well.

Ā 

The tax was not included as the trade-in value is not taxed on the new vehicle. I save a bit over $1,800 CDN which is better than selling the Discovery privately.

Might be interested in purchasing the following:

Ā 

2008 Edge Limited

Dark Blue Ink/Black Leather Interior

Standard Price: $32,305

Options: Vista Roof - $1,495

Sirius radio - $195

Total MSRP (including $705 destination & delivery) $34,700

Vin# 2FMDK49C68B A91703

zip: 06514 (Connecticut)

Ā 

Went in with a trade in: 2000 Ford Winstar SE -- offered me $3,000

Wanted special financing (0% 60 months/or 1.9 for 72 months) as opposed to $2,000.00 cash incentive (you can only get one or the other)

Ā 

First offered me vehicle for $33,800 (I think out the door, but not sure)

Then offered me vehicle for $33,250

Ā 

Showed me their "invoice" price of $32,949.25. I noticed employee price for $31,723.

Ā 

Told them I'd get back to them. Can anyone give me a price range that would be considered a good buy? Thanks.

Ā 

Hi fordmama3. :D The AXZ-Plan website just came back online ( I also sent you another PM). Your pricing quotes above for MSRP and Invoice price are accurate.

Ā 

As I stated in my earlier PM (and you already know), the Special APR Finance Rates are currently 0.0%/36 months, 0.0%/48 months, 0.0%/60 months or 1.9%/72 months .

Ā 

Okay, here is where it can get tricky. Taking the Invoice Price of $32,950, their "offer" of $33,250 is not too bad ($300 over "Actual Factory Invoice") if it includes all fees and charges other than Tax, Title and Registration.

Ā 

Of course, before tax is calculated, the Dealer needs to deduct your "Trade-in". I would try to get a higher trade-in value if possible. Have you gone to KBB.com and worked up the trade-in value of your Windstar? If not, you should. You need to know what the approximate value is so you can negotiate effectively.

Ā 

So let's just do some calculations using the $3,000 trade-in value: First, the Dealer should deduct the $3,000 from their $33,250 "offer".

Ā 

This gives you a base of $30,250. If all they add to that is your State tax, Title and Registration fees, you have a pretty good deal in my opinion. If they try to add extra bogus fees to pack their profit, do not fall for it.

Ā 

Again, you do not have too much room to negotiate on the Edge, as you are within $300 of Invoice. If you are lucky, you may be able to get them down a $100-$150 or so. Your wiggle room may be on the trade-in value of your Windstar, as Dealers usually try to lowball the trade-in. Check out KBB.com and see what the true trade-in value is. Try to get them to give you more.

Ā 

If any of this is not clear, please let me know.

Ā 

Hope this information helps.

Ā 

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi fordmama3. :D The AXZ-Plan website just came back online ( I also sent you another PM). Your pricing quotes above for MSRP and Invoice price are accurate.

Ā 

As I stated in my earlier PM (and you already know), the Special APR Finance Rates are currently 0.0%/36 months, 0.0%/48 months, 0.0%/60 months or 1.9%/72 months .

Ā 

Okay, here is where it can get tricky. Taking the Invoice Price of $32,950, their "offer" of $33,250 is not too bad ($300 over "Actual Factory Invoice") if it includes all fees and charges other than Tax, Title and Registration.

Ā 

Of course, before tax is calculated, the Dealer needs to deduct your "Trade-in". I would try to get a higher trade-in value if possible. Have you gone to KBB.com and worked up the trade-in value of your Windstar? If not, you should. You need to know what the approximate value is so you can negotiate effectively.

Ā 

So let's just do some calculations using the $3,000 trade-in value: First, the Dealer should deduct the $3,000 from their $33,250 "offer".

Ā 

This gives you a base of $30,250. If all they add to that is your State tax, Title and Registration fees, you have a pretty good deal in my opinion. If they try to add extra bogus fees to pack their profit, do not fall for it.

Ā 

Again, you do not have too much room to negotiate on the Edge, as you are within $300 of Invoice. If you are lucky, you may be able to get them down a $100-$150 or so. Your wiggle room may be on the trade-in value of your Windstar, as Dealers usually try to lowball the trade-in. Check out KBB.com and see what the true trade-in value is. Try to get them to give you more.

Ā 

If any of this is not clear, please let me know.

Ā 

Hope this information helps.

Ā 

Ā 

bbf2530: Thanks so much for the information. I did go to another dealership yesterday and it was basically the same story with price. Now I need to decide whether I want white or dark blue. Again, thanks for the info. I'll let you know what I end up with.

• 3 weeks later...

Best price I could find was the following:

Ā 

2008 Ford Edge Limited AWD

Ā 

Base MSRP 32,475.00

53G Tow Package 395.00

16W All weather mats 55.00

43P Vista Roof 1,595.00

58Q Navigation 1,995.00

61P Power Liftgate 490.00

647 20" Wheels 895.00

85B Sirius Radio 195.00

Ā 

Destination/Delivery 755.00

Ā 

Total MSRP 38,850.00

Ā 

Price out the door 32,766.00 Includes 2,750 in rebates (retail customer cash $1,000, Bonus Customer Cash $1,000, Customer Mailer $750.00).

Ā 

Is this a good price?

Ā 

Ā 

Base MSRP 32,475.00

53G Tow Package 395.00

43P Vista Roof 1,595.00

58Q Navigation 1,995.00

647 20" Wheels 895.00

85B Sirius Radio 195.00

Ā 

Ā 

Total MSRP 38,850.00

Ā 

Price out the door 32,766.00 Includes 2,750 in rebates (retail customer cash $1,000, Bonus Customer Cash $1,000, Customer Mailer $750.00).

Ā 

Is this a good price?

Ā 

Hi Big Braap. :D If you really want an accurate answer, please provide the following information (assuming this vehicle is currently in-stock at a Dealership): The VIN. The name and ZIP Code of the Dealership. The color (just makes it easier to search for).

Ā 

You can go here: LINK: Inventory Search and use the "Search Inventory" function if you need to.

Ā 

Once we have that information, we can find the exact Factory Invoice price (not Edmunds or KBB estimates). Generally speaking, if you get your price to within approximately $200 of Actual Factory Invoice (including all added Dealer fees, and before all Incentives are deducted), you have a pretty good price.

Ā 

Also, if you are taking all of the Incentive Cash, how are you financing? If you are financing through the Dealership, what is your APR Rate? No price is a good price if they are screwing you on the APR Rate Financing.

Ā 

Post back with that information, and I would be happy to look it up for you.

Ā 

Edited by bbf2530

Hi Big Braap. :D If you really want an accurate answer, please provide the following information (assuming this vehicle is currently in-stock at a Dealership): The VIN. The name and ZIP Code of the Dealership. The color (just makes it easier to search for).

Ā 

You can go here: LINK: Inventory Search and use the "Search Inventory" function if you need to.

Ā 

Once we have that information, we can find the exact Factory Invoice price (not Edmunds or KBB estimates). Generally speaking, if you get your price to within approximately $200 of Actual Factory Invoice (including all added Dealer fees, and before all Incentives are deducted), you have a pretty good price.

Ā 

Also, if you are taking all of the Incentive Cash, how are you financing? If you are financing through the Dealership, what is your APR Rate? No price is a good price if they are screwing you on the APR Rate Financing.

Ā 

Post back with that information, and I would be happy to look it up for you.

Ā 

Ā 

2FMDK49C98BA99844

Dealer 11F568 Zip 03079

Black

No Financing

Ā 

Thanks.

Ā 

Ā 

Base MSRP 32,475.00

53G Tow Package 395.00

43P Vista Roof 1,595.00

58Q Navigation 1,995.00

647 20" Wheels 895.00

85B Sirius Radio 195.00

Ā 

Ā 

Total MSRP 38,850.00

Ā 

Ā 

2FMDK49C98BA99844

Dealer 11F568 Zip 03079

Black

No Financing

Ā 

Is this a good price?

Ā 

Hi Big Braap. :D I checked all 5 Dealerships in the vicinity of the 03079 ZIP Code, and there is no Black AWD Edge Limited with that VIN in-stock.

Ā 

We have several obstacles here: First, as I wrote in my other post, I need the name of the Dealership, not the Dealership code. Unfortunately, the code for the Dealership does not help me find the Dealer. Without the name of the Dealership, I need to search through the inventory of every Dealer listed in the vicinity of a particular ZIP Code, hoping to come across the right vehicle. In most cases (like this one), that is 5 or more Dealerships. :banghead:

Ā 

Next, as I also stated earlier, we can only access the Invoice and Plan pricing of vehicles which are currently listed in-stock. Is this vehicle in stock now at the Dealership, or is it a vehicle you ordered?

Ā 

If it is an in-stock vehicle, is it listed on the Forddirect.com website in the "Search Dealer Inventory" section? If it is not listed on the FordDirect website, I can not get the most accurate pricing information.

Ā 

Please post back with the above information.

Ā 

If it is a Factory Order, your other option is to go to Edmunds.com and work up the Factory Invoice pricing estimate (Edmunds, KBB.com, etc. are all estimates, not exact Factory Invoice prices) and try to work from there. The problem with that (and why I do not use it) is it is not an exact price to the dollar, being only an estimate.

Ā 

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

Hi Big Braap. :D I checked all 5 Dealerships in the vicinity of the 03079 ZIP Code, and there is no Black AWD Edge Limited with that VIN in-stock.

Ā 

We have several obstacles here: First, as I wrote in my other post, I need the name of the Dealership, not the Dealership code. Unfortunately, the code for the Dealership does not help me find the Dealer. Without the name of the Dealership, I need to search through the inventory of every Dealer listed in the vicinity of a particular ZIP Code, hoping to come across the right vehicle. In most cases (like this one), that is 5 or more Dealerships. :banghead:

Ā 

Next, as I also stated earlier, we can only access the Invoice and Plan pricing of vehicles which are currently listed in-stock. Is this vehicle in stock now at the Dealership, or is it a vehicle you ordered?

Ā 

If it is an in-stock vehicle, is it listed on the Forddirect.com website in the "Search Dealer Inventory" section? If it is not listed on the FordDirect website, I can not get the most accurate pricing information.

Ā 

Please post back with the above information.

Ā 

If it is a Factory Order, your other option is to go to Edmunds.com and work up the Factory Invoice pricing estimate (Edmunds, KBB.com, etc. are all estimates, not exact Factory Invoice prices) and try to work from there. The problem with that (and why I do not use it) is it is not an exact price to the dollar, being only an estimate.

Ā 

Good luck.

Ā 

Hi bbf2530,

Ā 

Thanks for trying. I thought the dealer code might be more helpful but you know what happens when you assume :banghead: . I feel it's a good price so I guess that's all that matters. Thanks again.

Ā 

Big Braap.

$200 over invoice price, minus incentives (I took $2000 cash back vs. the special 2.9% financing with no cash back). I also had a $500 college grad rebate, but that's a separate rebate program where Ford sends you a check in the mail. so it didn't come directly out of the deal. I ended up having around $4500 down - no trade since I still have my truck - and financing it at, I believe 5.9% for 60 months which I will pay off in 48 or less.

Ā 

I got mine in early April, if I had completed the deal in March I would have gotten an additional $750 cash back from a mailer I got that expired on 3/31. it only ended up being a $250 difference since the factory cash back local incentive increased by $500 in April but my car didn't arrive from the factory in time. no huge loss I'm still happy :)

Edited by bri719

I'm new to this forum.

I have an offer on a new edge limited and was wondering if you think it is a good deal?

Ā 

2oo8 Ford edge limited (AWD) VIN#2FMDK49C48B

Dealer found it on another dealers lot

Zipcode is 21136

Purchasing dealer is Len Stoler Ford

Ā 

MSRP 32,205

Ā 

vista roof 1495

power liftgate 490

sirius Radio 195

Ā 

Total 34485

Ā 

dest 705

Ā 

total MSRP 35190

Ā 

Ā 

Dealer offered discount of $1550

to bring the price to $33640

Ā 

Ā 

There are $2000 in rebates in addition to bring the price down to $31640 before taxes and tags

Ā 

Is this a good deal. It is about $900 above invoice

I'm new to this forum.

I have an offer on a new edge limited and was wondering if you think it is a good deal?

Ā 

2oo8 Ford edge limited (AWD) VIN#2FMDK49C48B

Dealer found it on another dealers lot

Zipcode is 21136

Purchasing dealer is Len Stoler Ford

Ā 

MSRP 32,205

Ā 

vista roof 1495

power liftgate 490

sirius Radio 195

Ā 

Total 34485

Ā 

dest 705

Ā 

total MSRP 35190

Ā 

Ā 

Dealer offered discount of $1550

to bring the price to $33640

Ā 

Ā 

There are $2000 in rebates in addition to bring the price down to $31640 before taxes and tags

Ā 

Is this a good deal. It is about $900 above invoice

Ā 

Hi Lschwager. First, a VIN has 17 digits, so that is an incomplete VIN#. Next, I checked that Dealers stock of AWD Edge Limiteds, and none matched the first 11 digits you have posted. Would you please double check and get back to us with the full VIN?

Ā 

Also, the vehicle must be listed in-stock at the Dealer on Forddirect.com, to be able to check true pricing. Is the vehicle actually at the Dealership now?

Ā 

All things considered, I would say that you should be able to get the price lower than that ($900 over Invoice before fees are included and before Incentives are deducted).

Ā 

Also, you need to know what the actual "Out the Door" price is, including all fees and charges which the Dealer may add to the final purchase contract. No price is good if the Dealer tacks $400-$500 or $1,000 in add-on fees at contract signing time. And that is exactly what most of them do.

Ā 

In the end, how good a price is really depends on whether you are happy or not. But if I were the buyer, I would certainly try to get a lower price.

Ā 

Get back to us with that correct information.

Ā 

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

Thanks, you were correct, the Vin is 2FMDK49C68BA97114

The invoice for this car is $33,273 (MSNAuto.com) and the dealer is asking

$33,900. Which is $627.00 over invoice. I have counter offered $300 over invoice.

The car is not on my dealers lot, but at another dealers lot. Not sure where.

Thanks for all of your help

Should I have counter offerred at Invoice?

Ā 

Thanks

$33,900. Which is $627.00 over invoice. I have counter offered $300 over invoice.

Ā 

Thanks

Ā 

Without X plan on a popular car, expect to pay $500 over invoice or more, plus a doc fee ($300-$400). Sometimes you can do better but I don't think any dealer would sell one at invoice right now unless they had one they wanted to get rid of or they were just having a slow month.

Ā 

I just bought a 08 Limited and got X plan (just below invoice with $75 doc fee) plus $3500 in rebates. $2K national plus $750 local dealer association plus $750 personal cash (from Edge brochure request). With X plan the dealer gets a spiff check from Ford for each sale so it's a win/win.

Ā 

Thanks

Ā 

Hi Lschwager. :D I answered your PM.

Ā 

Good luck and please let us know how you make out in your negotiations. :beerchug: