Water pump/over heating

chadlefler

My wife noticed her temp gauge was rising after she noticed it running rough. She called me I said pull over do not drive the extra block to work. well she did any way. ( quite mad) I checked the oil and it appears to have water in the oil. so my first thought was blown headgasket/ new engine.

A freind of mine is a ford tech at a dealership ( 20 yrs) he said that he thinks this engine has a internal water pump and they are known for leaking water into the crank case. I am looking for confirmation and advice on this one. do not really want to replace the engine. an oil change and water pump might be better. ??? any help is appreciated

• 5 months later...

I have read this and was wondering how to check the water pump internal leak into the oil/crankcase vs the head gasket blown?

I was told there is a weep hole from the water pump behind the alternator, should be able to notice leakage there before it leaks internally. Don't know for sure.

Larry

Northern,In

• 6 years later...
On 2/4/2014 at 8:26 AM, Larry said:

I was told there is a weep hole from the water pump behind the alternator, should be able to notice leakage there before it leaks internally. Don't kn.ow for sure.

Larry

Northern,In

My 2007 MKX never leaked from the seephole, but there is one there

Edited by 1004ron

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 1004ron said:

I agree, corrosion - obviously poorly maintained.

Please add location and Model / Year to your signature - https://www.fordedgeforum.com/settings/signature/

2007 MKX 168,000, it was a gift because it needed a water pump. I decided to do it myself.... BIG JOB

IMG_20200823_150523.jpg

Edited by 1004ron

4 minutes ago, Bobbcatt said:

2007 MKX 168,000, it was a gift because it needed a water pump. I decided to do it myself.... BIG JOB

Looks like the previous owner took care of the appearance but not the out of sight servicing - question is what else has suffered from poor servicing.

Please add location and Model / Year to your signature - https://www.fordedgeforum.com/settings/signature/

• Like 1