Navigation SD Card Fault

Just got this message this morning for the first time:

Navigation SD Card Fault

Please insert a valid SD card

I have removed and reinserted the card that came with the Edge in February.

Any suggestions.

I had the same thing happen to me on Saturday August 31, 2013 - I took the card out to make sure nothing had bumped it, then re-inserted it.

The same error came up at first, then the system ran through a couple of checks and it started working again. Still working

• 6 months later...

Just bought a 2012 SEL with Nav but no SD Card. Ford sent the new A4 card but still getting the "insert valid SD card error" is there something else I have to do?

I can check to see if your software is up-to-date, sappermedic636. Just shoot me a PM with your VIN. Like ls973800 stated, your MyFord Touch software may be out dated, but that's an easy fix. :)

Rebecca

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I had this same problem with my 2014 edge sel. I would get the navigation fault message every so often. Usually I would just take the card out and put back in and the navigation would load back up again. But just today that happened and when I went to put the card in and out it wouldnt fix the problem.. It still says "insert sd card" I tried a few times and also tired to turn off my car and it still won't recognize the card.

How can I fix this??? (I have the A5 card)

• 6 months later...

I have a 2015 Edge (the new model) and it's still under warranty. I just got the Nav SD Card fault that tells me to insert the SD Card. Removing and reinserting doesn't help. I tried a master system reset and that didn't work. The Ford Owner websites says my software was last updated in May 2015 (when the car was built) and that it is the latest. Appreciate any feedback on what to do next.

I have a 2015 Edge (the new model) and it's still under warranty. I just got the Nav SD Card fault that tells me to insert the SD Card. Removing and reinserting doesn't help. I tried a master system reset and that didn't work. The Ford Owner websites says my software was last updated in May 2015 (when the car was built) and that it is the latest. Appreciate any feedback on what to do next.

Hey wmc6632,

I suggest taking the vehicle to the dealer and have them look to see if you received a faulty SD card. If you did, contact HERE Maps to have them replace the card with a functioning one. You can contact HERE at 866-462-8837 or at www.navigation.com

Cara

• 2 weeks later...

Similar issue with me. Got the updated maps in an SD card in April and installed. All worked well for a few months and got an error one day. At next vehicle power up it seemed to recover and it seemed like the display changed a little so figured it had downloaded some sort of update.

Last weekend it failed completely and screen message said insert SD card. Ejected and reinserted multiple times to no avail. Did master system reboot to no avail.

Emailed Fordnavigation.com folks from which I purchased it and after several days they have issues an RMA but will not provide a new SD Card until they get the old one. That is MAJOR foul in my opinion.

Unhappy customer here. :rant:

• 2 weeks later...