Decided on an Edge, 3 choices to compare, opinions welcomed!

Hi all, new member here.

I've decided to buy an Edge. Always liked them, finally drove one and now I love them!

I've found three locally I'm very interested in and would value the opinions of the forum in choosing. All three are very clean, near immaculate IMHO, no dents, major scratches, stains, etc.

So here we go...

#1 2007 SEL AWD with navigation only 43,000 miles, asking price just under 17K. (this is the one I test drove today)

#2 2008 SEL AWD Limited with Vista Roof, leather, no navigation, but has SYNC, 76,000 miles, asking price just over 17K.

#3 2010 SEL AWD, Leather seating, no navigation, SYNC, Ford Certified, balance of 7/100 warranty plus a 12 month "Comprehensive Limited" warranty. Only 36,000 miles, asking price 22.5K.

Paying cash, no financing. Which one would you choose??

Thanks!

i would go for the 2010 cpo... you be if it have 36k u will have 64k of power train warranty left plus 12k or 1 yr bumper to bumper. ur more than welcome to get an esp. make sure they provide u with a car fax and cpo paper works. also u can ask 2k more less than they asking for it or 22.5 out the door. been selling fords for 5 yrs now. hope this help... good luck.

Out of the 3 choices...2010 is the best choice.. 2007 is to old, problems will start showing up soon. 2008 has to much mileage.. I would tell you to keep saving...if you insist on buying cash and used, I would advice you to go down from the sel and get a newer se... Like a 2011 to 2013 used se... I love my 2013 se...you can live with out certain features such as leather, sunroof..ect..Good luck..factor in having to do schedule maintance on a 2007,2008 vs 2010 to 2013..

I've decided on an SEL regardless of the Edge I do purchase, I've never liked the feel of the front-heavy, FWD cars in winter driving (nothing better than a RWD Volvo with studded snows) so the AWD is something I definitely want. I've got a Carfax on each, all good, nothing to raise any concerns. In fact I was impressed with the previous owners' scheduled maintenance done on all three of them.

And since I am admittedly old-school and out-of-touch, what exactly is OASIS? And how can it help in choosing?

Thanks for your input so far everyone. Looks like the 2010 has the advantage.

I can run OASIS if need be..... just let me know.. just need the VIN ;)

Well that's mighty nice of you. Does that offer apply to the rest of us? :) I hope to make my purchase in about two weeks, and I've narrowed it down to two models. Both 2010 SELs just above Atlanta. One is dark ink blue with 48k miles.. the other is sterling grey with 38k miles.

Well that's mighty nice of you. Does that offer apply to the rest of us? :) I hope to make my purchase in about two weeks, and I've narrowed it down to two models. Both 2010 SELs just above Atlanta. One is dark ink blue with 48k miles.. the other is sterling grey with 38k miles.

Of course! :) Just shoot me a VIN or post it up and I'll run it

Well I pulled the trigger today and bought another Edge, a different 2010, this one is a SEL Limited with panoramic vista roof, privacy tint on all windows, voice activated Navigation, and 20" Wheels. The dealer is adding pin-stripes and window rain shields. 51K on the clock. Barely a scratch, close to mint in my opinion.

Ingot Silver metallic with Camel leather interior. Bought new in 2010 and fully serviced since then from this same dealership.

Just over $24K out the door. Picking it up Monday afternoon.

20131019 150303

20131019 150241

20131019 150341

Edited by formervolvoguy